Phuket Airport new terminal opening this week

backstairs

6 hours ago, oilinki said:

I pretty sure that the actual baggage check  / X-ray has always been inside of the authorized people only area. Even if they like to put 'security checked' labels at the entrance to the airport. 

The security checks when entering to the airport is only for to secure the terminal lobby itself. Many countries don't have any security checks when entering to the terminal lobby. IIRC neither Bangkok airports have it. 

The luaggage x-ray are still behind the check-in desk restricted area.

But some airlines (MAS and Qatar for the example) require a separate x-ray of the luggage just before going to the check-in desk.

This was also the case in the old setup.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, merijn said:

At last i have now hand first hand experience with transfer from BKK.

8< 8<

Arrived in Phuket with TG domestic flight at domestic terminal.

When you come of the plane the domestic passengers go the normal old route and the international transfer passengers with sticker go to the right and via a connection door to the new international terminal arrival level and to the luggage arrival area.

Thanks for the info. Darn, I was wrong. 

I dropped somebody off there yesterday. No sign on the main road indicating the entrance which just past the intersection. Once in there is a sign but you have to do a complete circle of the car park to get to the ramp going up to departures. It would be a little quicker to go in the old entrance & turn left towards the parking building. When leaving have to turn left & go up to the exit of the old terminal & make a U turn. Not sure why they "planned" it this way.

My friend said once in there was a long queue to clear immigration but as flight was due he was rushed through.

There are 3 drop off points/entrances to the terminal but unless you have super vision cannot see which airline as the signs are really small. BTW Thai is at drop off 3.

3 hours ago, Valentine said:

I dropped somebody off there yesterday. No sign on the main road indicating the entrance which just past the intersection. Once in there is a sign but you have to do a complete circle of the car park to get to the ramp going up to departures. It would be a little quicker to go in the old entrance & turn left towards the parking building. When leaving have to turn left & go up to the exit of the old terminal & make a U turn. Not sure why they "planned" it this way.

My friend said once in there was a long queue to clear immigration but as flight was due he was rushed through.

There are 3 drop off points/entrances to the terminal but unless you have super vision cannot see which airline as the signs are really small. BTW Thai is at drop off 3.

I picked up at domestic a couple of days ago and being dark accidentally went into the new entrance and managed to get myself totally lost somehow.

They should have traffic lights at the international exit but as the Thai planners seem to prefer more dangerous u-turns then they may not arrive at all.

used it and there was literally 0 security the whole way

rest is good except please don't eat at the nice pub next to burger king, it all looks good on picture but the ingredients are the cheapest in the country and the food is really weak. They go as far as buying the cheapest makro cheddar(which isnt cheddar, its white plastic with cheddary taste) for nachos instead of paying like 50-100b more for the real cheddar cheese

used it and there was literally 0 security the whole way
rest is good except please don't eat at the nice pub next to burger king, it all looks good on picture but the ingredients are the cheapest in the country and the food is really weak. They go as far as buying the cheapest makro cheddar(which isnt cheddar, its white plastic with cheddary taste) for nachos instead of paying like 50-100b more for the real cheddar cheese

Plus a pint of beer is 255 bht!!

51 minutes ago, backstairs said:

How many Multi storey car parks open now?  Off to pick up someone from BKK.

I assume "terminal 3' is the new name for the old terminal one.

As far as I know there is only the one Multi level car park. And yes the old terminal handles all domestic flights and seems to be now called Terminal 3.

1 minute ago, backstairs said:

Thank you Living.  Oh dear only one car park.  I had hoped the new international terminal would have a new car park.

When we have friends flying in we wait on the main road by the shops. Have our  friends call when they are in the arrival hall, then we wizz round and pick them up a few minutes later in front of the terminal road. 

1 hour ago, LivinginKata said:

When we have friends flying in we wait on the main road by the shops. Have our  friends call when they are in the arrival hall, then we wizz round and pick them up a few minutes later in front of the terminal road. 

I have been doing this for ages. Used to wait on the road by the runway but the view is now blocked off. If there in plenty of time I go park under the tress at the beach.

1 hour ago, LivinginKata said:

I have been doing this for ages. Used to wait on the road by the runway but the view is now blocked off. If there in plenty of time I go park under the tress at the beach.

11 minutes ago, Valentine said:

I have this down to a fine art. I track take off time and progress on web site flightradar24. Drive out to airport and track progress and actual arrival time on my smart mobile. Flightradar is a wonderful web site.

LIK - All you're missing is a live web feed of the lines at arrivals immigration.

Without that, all bets are off, they could take 10 mins from disembarking the airplane to curbside, or 90 minutes. 

I fly in and out once a week and usually you can tell how bad immigration is going to be by looking at the phuket airport arrivals board online. But that doesn't even work sometimes as some of the Russian charters seem to come in under the radar and show up unannounced, like an unwanted relative at a wedding.

Edited by Flying Clog

20 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

Yes.That is what i am doing as well.As well you can subscribe at flightstats flight report logging into phuket airport website.Once the flight will take off and land a messagge will deliver to your mobile phone or email.

On 15/10/2016 at 8:12 PM, LivinginKata said:

I have this down to a fine art. I track take off time and progress on web site flightradar24. Drive out to airport and track progress and actual arrival time on my smart mobile. Flightradar is a wonderful web site.

Great idea but coming from Chalong I have to navigate underpass constructions & U turn queues. One can never tell at virtually anytime of the day if you will get a good run or not.

3 hours ago, Valentine said:

Great idea but coming from Chalong I have to navigate underpass constructions & U turn queues. One can never tell at virtually anytime of the day if you will get a good run or not.

From Kata I allow an hour if not rush hours.  But I agree timing can be tricky. 

I  ventured into the multi-storey car park and there is only ONE of them.  Serving Domestic and the new International teminal.  Sunday 3 pm. and the levels were all full with enormous  numbers of cars with their hand brakes off.  For some in parking bays they would have to push many cars to get out.  

I circled and circled; at one point stopping to use the toilet.  On I went round and round until at last I found a new space. It must have taken 15+ minutes.   It was very stressful.  The ground level unused, the interntational level with Rental cars.   Until they create other car parks I advise cautious decision making.

1 hour ago, backstairs said:

I  ventured into the multi-storey car park and there is only ONE of them.  Serving Domestic and the new International teminal.  Sunday 3 pm. and the levels were all full with enormous  numbers of cars with their hand brakes off.  For some in parking bays they would have to push many cars to get out.  

I circled and circled; at one point stopping to use the toilet.  On I went round and round until at last I found a new space. It must have taken 15+ minutes.   It was very stressful.  The ground level unused, the interntational level with Rental cars.   Until they create other car parks I advise cautious decision making.

I agree - it is stressful to find a parking bay.  Then on return it is physically exhausting to push a car out of the way.  Is this the best that Phuket Airport can offer ? 

1 hour ago, xvend said:

does anyone have any info for the First/Business class lounges?

Coral Executive has two lounges, first and business, used by certain airlines, you can also pay at the door or use Priority Pass at the business lounge, which I did last week. Much better than the lounge in the old terminal which I never bothered with.

No facility to pay before Immigration, meaning you can't get a fast track pass unless you are using an airline's business/first class. 

No idea re Thai's lounge.

On 10/17/2016 at 7:50 AM, Valentine said:

I go from Chalong also, since the 3rd underpass started we've been going down the back road off Chaofa west at Honda, into Kathu, turn at Loch Palm and go around the back way past the mining museum, left at Dulwich and come out just Sth of Heroine's.

Edited by beechbum

4 hours ago, phuketrichard said:

FYI:
just back from dropping gf off for her flight to Phnom Pehn

There is a free shuttlebus. between the 2 airports

Car park is terrible, totally full at 9 am, and double parked cars on every floor and every space u can fit a car has one.

It seems staff are using this carpark.

Any reasonably designed airport has dedicated staff parking.