Ubc

Mahseer

Just plugged me TV and UBC receiver back together after 10 days due to condo repairs and system gives me E48 error message. I'll get with UBC later but wouldn't mind catching the football tonight. Any ideas how to correct?

Thanks

A few things to try. First unplug the power to it and pop out the card (looks like a small credit card) behind the cover on the right side and re-insert it. Make sure the dish cable is plugged (securely) in then put the power cord back in and try it. You may have to wait a few minutes as the receiver negotiates with the satellite.

Thanks for coming up Tywais but tried as you suggested but just get the same error. I'm pretty certain I've seen this before when the receiver hasn't been used for a while and there is a simple solution but cannot recall what it was. Satellite goes through set up fine but still error message remains.

All the best

Tywais, well you done better than I as I did search the error message and couldn't come up with anything. I've checked everything and still no joy so I'm off down the boozer to watch the game and will get with the wonders that are UBC in the morning.

Thanks very much for the assistance.

Tywais, well you done better than I as I did search the error message and couldn't come up with anything. I've checked everything and still no joy so I'm off down the boozer to watch the game and will get with the wonders that are UBC in the morning.

Thanks very much for the assistance.

The problem is you switched the power off to the decoder. An hour or so is ok but ten days will really stuff it. You will have to go to your menu function and reset the parameters. UBC did tell me the code to enter to reset the decoder, and I have looked for it, but can't find it at the moment. Will keep looking and if I find it will post the procedure...MM

OK found the code. Go to menu/setup/installation and enter 2321 and press ok it should reset your decoder. Had the same problem a short while back...MM

Thanks MM but it didn't work and to make matters worse its bloody Sunday and the wonders that be are not open today. Oh well off down the boozer again as me side's on at 10.

Thanks a lot