Plane's altimeter problem delays PM's trip to Phuket

webfact

Plane's altimeter problem delays PM's trip to Phuket half an hour

96_PM-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha and his cabinet ministers were forced to switch an aircraft for travel to Phuket this morning after it has technical problem on its cockpit measurement instrument.

Gen Prayut and his team were scheduled to fly in a Brazilian Embraer No 1084 jet to Phuket from the airfield of the Army Movement Centre at Don Mueang to preside over the opening of the international terminal building at Phuket International Airport this morning and return to Bangkok on the same day at 6.45pm.

But the jet plane was reported to have trouble on its altimeter in the cockpitl at 7.00am, forcing the centre to replace it with another Ambraer No 1124 instead.

The incident caused a half an hour delay of the trip.

Accompanying the prime minister to Phuket included his two deputy prime ministers Admiral Narong Pipatanasai, Dr Somkid Jatusripitak, Interior Minister Gen Anupong Paochinda, Agriculture Minister Gen Chatchai Sarikulya, and the prime minister’s secretary-general Gen Vilas Arunsri.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/planes-altimeter-problem-delays-pms-trip-phuket-half-hour/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-09-16

16 minutes ago, ezzra said:

The monkey that in charge on cranking the altimeter didn't show for work...

just as well they don't use the army helicopters, they keep falling out of the

sky like a ripe mangos.....

I daily hear an army helicopter fly low and fast into BKK/DonMeung. I often wondered if Prayuth was staying outside of BKK nights at Saraburi or some other base and coming in early in the morning everyday. It's flies by about the same time every morning over Prathumthani heading somewhere in the BKK area.

34 minutes ago, ezzra said:

The monkey that in charge on cranking the altimeter didn't show for work...

just as well they don't use the army helicopters, they keep falling out of the

sky like a ripe mangos.....

Another one yesterday!

Unbelievable.

Mr. P. does not use helicopters I guess?

My amendment to the labor law:

jobs forbidden for Thais: aircraft maintenance and piloting :whistling:

Edited by KhunBENQ

I wondered why Thailand would would buy jets from Brazil. So I Googled it to find out why and this is what I found. Seems like Embraer is a company that is corruptible and open to bribes and kickbacks. No further comment needed.

Before Prayuth's time as PM so who was the military man or General who signed the purchase order?

http://www.navhindtimes.in/2008-jet-deal-mired-in-kickback-charges/