Cruz to vote for Trump, whom he once called 'utterly amoral'

rooster59

I'm entering the twilight zone for sure.

I love Trump.yes he has no real policies, at least none that make any real sense. Bomb the sh*t out of everyone, yet withdrew from everywhere.

The problem with asking Trump supporters is this: you can ask then them what they think about totally nonsensical policies, then the response is "do you think I'm stupid?" Tough times for journalists for sure

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, GinBoy2 said:

The problem with asking Trump supporters is this: you can ask then them what they think about totally nonsensical policies, then the response is "do you think I'm stupid?" 

No, their reposes actually ARE stupid:

Edited by attrayant

12 hours ago, Steely Dan said:

Is 'utterly amoral' supposed to be a negative trait for a politician? Incidentally Cruz has no reason to vote for Trump, unless he is confident which way the wind is blowing. Cruz may be many things, but he is not an idiot, I think he's right, Trump is going to win.

Cruz had a very political reason to vote for Trump. It was straight out blackmail by the RNC chairman (Priebus) that Cruz either support Trump or be a Republican pariah. Cruz doesn't have than many close friends in the Republican party and to be treated as an outcast would have sunk his political career. Instead Cruz sold his soul for a pocket full of political aspirations. Cruz choose his career ahead of his wife and his father. If someone stated those things about my wife and father that Trump did, I would have defecated on their picture on live TV and said FY (which almost what Cruz did during the RNC, his one career highlight).

Per RNC Chairman Priebus:

“Those people need to get on board,” Priebus told “Face the Nation.” “And if they’re thinking they’re going to run again some day, I think that we’re going to evaluate the process – of the nomination process and I don’t think it’s going to be that easy for them.”

3 hours ago, Silurian said:

Cruz had a very political reason to vote for Trump. It was straight out blackmail by the RNC chairman (Priebus) that Cruz either support Trump or be a Republican pariah. Cruz doesn't have than many close friends in the Republican party and to be treated as an outcast would have sunk his political career. Instead Cruz sold his soul for a pocket full of political aspirations. Cruz choose his career ahead of his wife and his father. If someone stated those things about my wife and father that Trump did, I would have defecated on their picture on live TV and said FY (which almost what Cruz did during the RNC, his one career highlight).

Per RNC Chairman Priebus:

“Those people need to get on board,” Priebus told “Face the Nation.” “And if they’re thinking they’re going to run again some day, I think that we’re going to evaluate the process – of the nomination process and I don’t think it’s going to be that easy for them.”

If that is so, Cruz shouldn't have signed the pledge to support the winner. That he did so and then tried to refuse, goes to his character.

It is worth noting that loser Jeb has completely destroyed his honour by still refusing to abide by his pledge.

18 hours ago, Andaman Al said:

ClutchClark

You are an intelligent guy. You can not focus on Hillary's 'criminal' behaviour, when the US legal and judicial system have to this point made no insinuation that she is guilty of anything. Things are now rising to the surface that will come to full exposure that will lead to Trump facing some very serious fraud charges at the least. The charges he is likely to face could easily see him doing the same time as Madoff. Trump should have remained in his own little world. He has now endangered the very survival of his little empire and his family in order to feed his ego. If you want to call Clinton a criminal with zero charges against her then fine. There is a great deal more cleaning up to do in your country to make America great again. Sounds like every judge needs sacking and start again at the beginning (lawyers as well). Clintons activities pale into insignificance with what the Trump has been up to. It will all come out in the wash. If Trump wins he will be impeached before he swears the oath.

when the US legal and judicial system have to this point made no insinuation that she is guilty of anything.

Hmmmm. you must have missed the FBI director Comey laying out her crimes re the e mails and lying about them. That he chose not to indict her for them does not mean that she is innocent.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If that is so, Cruz shouldn't have signed the pledge to support the winner. That he did so and then tried to refuse, goes to his character.

It is worth noting that loser Jeb has completely destroyed his honour by still refusing to abide by his pledge.

Actually, it goes to the character of the Republican party trying to force fellow Republicans to eat a s**t sandwich (Trump). If the Republican party had a backbone what so ever they would have denounced Trump as a bully (among other things) and refused to even let him get close to the nomination. Priebus is nothing but a lapdog that loves to have his tummy rubbed by Trump. Hopefully he will be out as RNC Chair after this election (if Trump loses Priebus will be flushed out).

At least Jeb and Mitt are following their conscience instead of blindly accepting the failed party line (too bad Cruz caved). I hope that this failure of electing a respectable candidate rattles the Republican party to the core and forces them to wake up to a new reality where Trump's brand of crazy doesn't belong anywhere near the GOP.

On 9/24/2016 at 0:49 PM, Silurian said:

Well, I guess I can now go back to disliking Ted Cruz again. The one thing I was almost proud that he did was not backing down to a bully. Guess his political thirst won over any sort of decency. Typical.

I am surprised Cruz can even stand up straight without a spine. I am sure his wife and kids are so proud of him now. Can he even look at them in the face?

Cruz is such a snake.  I never liked the guy but you're right, he did gain some respect for not getting on his knees for Trump.  So much for that.  

On 9/24/2016 at 5:49 PM, Silurian said:

Well, I guess I can now go back to disliking Ted Cruz again. The one thing I was almost proud that he did was not backing down to a bully. Guess his political thirst won over any sort of decency. Typical.

I am surprised Cruz can even stand up straight without a spine. I am sure his wife and kids are so proud of him now. Can he even look at them in the face?

Perhaps he finally found his spine and his conscience . He made a signed pledge to support the winner of the Primary race without qualification. Kasich is the one without a spine who can stand on his own self important principles yet his promised pledge is not worth a tin of crap.

4 hours ago, Silurian said:

Actually, it goes to the character of the Republican party trying to force fellow Republicans to eat a s**t sandwich (Trump). If the Republican party had a backbone what so ever they would have denounced Trump as a bully (among other things) and refused to even let him get close to the nomination. Priebus is nothing but a lapdog that loves to have his tummy rubbed by Trump. Hopefully he will be out as RNC Chair after this election (if Trump loses Priebus will be flushed out).

At least Jeb and Mitt are following their conscience instead of blindly accepting the failed party line (too bad Cruz caved). I hope that this failure of electing a respectable candidate rattles the Republican party to the core and forces them to wake up to a new reality where Trump's brand of crazy doesn't belong anywhere near the GOP.

"Follow their conscience? If Jeb and Mitt had any such notion they would have endorsed the winner they signed a pledge to support. If not resign from the Republican Party. They should not make vain promises they will not keep when taking part in a Republican nomination. Kasich too.

Just now, Linzz said:

"Follow their conscience? If Jeb and Mitt had any such notion they would have endorsed the winner they signed a pledge to support. If not resign from the Republican Party. They should not make vain promises they will not keep when taking part in a Republican nomination. Kasich too.

I think principles are more important than that pledge. Obviously Cruz disagrees with me.

2 hours ago, Berkshire said:

Cruz is such a snake.  I never liked the guy but you're right, he did gain some respect for not getting on his knees for Trump.  So much for that.  

I agree Cruz is a snake. But it's not about bowing to Trump. See my posts above

4 minutes ago, stevenl said:

I think principles are more important than that pledge. Obviously Cruz disagrees with me.

Keeping your pledge is principled. Going off because of insults is gutless and unprincipled. If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. But they want their cake and eat it too 

Edited by Linzz