Aussie man dead in Bangkok condo - Thai boyfriend says "we argued before I left"

webfact

Aussie man dead in Bangkok condo - Thai boyfriend says "we argued before I left"

pm1.jpg

Image: Manager Online

BANGKOK: -- A 54 year old Australian man was found dead on the floor of a Nonthaburi condo last night - prescription drugs were found scattered over the bed next to the body.

Donald George Crawford was found by his Thai boyfriend Phakhin Phutrakun, 35, when he returned from a two day trip.

Ratanathibet police found the body in t-shirt and shorts face up next to the bed in the third floor room of the 24 story City Home Condominium on Ratanathibet Road northern Bangkok, reported Manager Online.

An initial examination suggested the body had been dead for a minimum of 6 hours.

Phakhin said that he had argued with his boyfriend before he left on the trip. Security had often been called in the past with noise coming from the apartment.

The body was sent for detailed autopsy to see if it was an overdose as is expected.

The Australian embassy has been informed so that relatives may be contacted. Mr Crawford worked in computer systems.

Source: Manager Online

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-09-30

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phakhin said that he had argued with his boyfriend before he left on the trip. Security had often been called in the past with noise coming from the apartment.

Wouldn't that be enough to see his boyfriend as the possible cause of death? RIP, you went way too early.

My condolences to his family and friends. 

Edited by lostinisaan

1 hour ago, elephant45 said:

I can t tell you how many times I have fallen off my balcony here in Thailand, its the strangest thing. Good thing only live 3 meters off the ground.

Thank you for this post. Please could you make it clear for the readers. How it can be happened ? What have had you drink ? Or smoke ? Sorry for these questions, because most of us have (hopefully) never fell from balcony.

Why do these forums always degenerate into attacks on others comments? No body knows anyone who is making these comments, and people are born and die every day. Some types of leaving the planet are so common/bizarre in Thailand that we have to add in a some humor with it, or we couldn't stand to live here. I also have a lot of empathy for so many lonely divorced guys who end up getting into things types of situations, that they ultimately regret.

why do people stay in abusive relationships? i was living with a bird in australia. one day she slapped me, i threw my stuff in my ute and was gone. second time i was living with a thai girl and she threatened to cut herself with a knife, she held it to her wrist. i left while she was asleep the same night. when things go bad leave. they are not going to get better. 

9 minutes ago, Prbkk said:

Sad story. Obviously gay by the rather stylish bed linen.

You are obviously an expert in gay beds. Was it the bed that gave it away or the fact he was found by his boyfriend. 

2 minutes ago, HooHaa said:

umm yeah, sure if the boyfriend was not clue enough for you.

The humour isn't black enough unless you mention the bed linen. 

It also takes either experience or expertise to tell the difference between gay and normal bed linen, IMO.................;)

5 minutes ago, elephant45 said:

Why do these forums always degenerate into attacks on others comments? No body knows anyone who is making these comments, and people are born and die every day. Some types of leaving the planet are so common/bizarre in Thailand that we have to add in a some humor with it, or we couldn't stand to live here. I also have a lot of empathy for so many lonely divorced guys who end up getting into things types of situations, that they ultimately regret.

Conversely, it could be asked why would one feel the need to post 6 pithy one line posts on the topic of an unfortunate death 

5 minutes ago, bark said:

Yes, but he was smart; lived on first floor. He didn't think BF would stuff 50 pills in his mouth.

Hard to cover all bases, when they are trying to suicide you.

That's not fair to assume his culpability. If there is something suspicious, yes ideally it would be investigated, and lovers/spouses are usually the the common suspects. But I don't think a history of arguments is very compelling. Couples argue. Most arguing couples don't kill each other. 

Edited by Jingthing

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

That's not fair to assume his culpability. If there is something suspicious, yes ideally it would be investigated, and lovers/spouses are usually the the common suspects. But I don't think a history of arguments is very compelling. Couples argue. Most don't kill each other. 

Thanks for your comment; but we will never know the truth.

Boyfriend away for two days, argued before he left, but ageing Australian 'lover' dead for 6+ hours. I suppose a lot depends on how many hours the '+' represents.  Sounds like it wasn't such a harmonious relationship with security attending prior due to 'noise'.  Depends on how much orgasmic noise a pair of guys make?

On the 'facts', as presented in the OP, the bf is looking OK to me.

Edited by F4UCorsair
addition