Love comes, love goes.

swissie

Last night, I had a dream.
I dreamt, that the Thai-Government had installed a new law, requiring Farangs to draw up a Pre-Nuptual agreement with their future Thai-Wifes. (Mandatory). With the aim, to protect each other from each other if things turn sour. Based on insights like "Love comes and love goes" for example.

Rats! This morning I woke up, realizing it was just a dream. Not likely, that the Thai-Government would hinder the Thai-Female Population to better their lives if they have the opportunity to do so.
And not to forget:  It would make it quite unattractive for a Thai Female to marry a Farang 20 years her senior, him wearing white socks during daytime and black sunglasses around midnight.
Some sort of natural "self-regulation" of the issue would come into place.

Like I said, it was only a dream. Therefore, I hope to escape "verbal execution".
Cheers.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely your not bitter or something? You had 4 years notice of your wife's intentions and you have been quite the magician you say. So as of last Wednesday I believe your a free man so try not jumping in the deep end too quickly and relax a bit.

Cheers

1 hour ago, Rc2702 said:

Surely your not bitter or something? You had 4 years notice of your wife's intentions and you have been quite the magician you say. So as of last Wednesday I believe your a free man so try not jumping in the deep end too quickly and relax a bit.

Cheers

Actually It's next Wednesday. I am bitter and mad as hell. But thanks to offshore banking etc. I have been in a relaxed state of mind for quite some time already..

Cheers.

Swissie fair play honesty means a hell of a lot and a lot of men would not have the balls to admit bitterness and being upset about this matter and many rely on a quick "heard it all before" remark.

Don't be afraid to let it out be bitter be mad but comes a time to draw a line. 4 years in the making. Don't waste any more of the most valuable thing we all have.

19 minutes ago, grumbleweed said:

And in between "love comes" and "love goes" you can insert any number of variables, such: drains the bank account, feeds and houses the extended family and makes fools of overweight old men

Thankfully skinny and/or younger men never have a bad marriage... 

1 hour ago, micmichd said:

Does anyone think Thai women are that much different from Farang women? 

Then read that - just for comparison: 

https://www.stickmanbangkok.com/readers-submissions/2009/11/the-rosetta-stone-of-womens-behavior/ 

1) Yes, too a degree, e.g. they are more accommodating to your needs, however to elaborate from my point of view, a woman, any woman, is like a snake, yes like a snake, if you have your foot over the back of her neck, not applying too much pressure, just enough to let her know that you are in control, she will soon become used to it, and if she does, then your chance of survival is far greater than if you didn't have your foot on the back of her neck, allow her (the snake), too much room by not applying enough pressure on the back of her neck, then I guarantee you that you will more than likely end up being bitten, it is in the snakes nature, is it not, too strike, if it feels threatened, not forgetting that we males would do this because we are threatened ourselves, after all, we are dealing with a snake, which needs to be handled with care.

2) Interesting article: I believe that if you respect your wife, provide for your wife, provide for the kids, love and receive love, be fair, very fair, you should have a perfect marriage, however ALWAYS, only invest as much as your prepared to lose, because the snake can strike at anytime, and when it does, it is usually you who will end up worse off.

Edited by 4MyEgo

3 hours ago, yellowboat said:

Know a guy who married a girl from Soi 33.  He made her sign a pre-nup.  They have been together for 5 years.  They seem happy.  They do not live in Thailand though.  She seems pretty okay.  The rest of her family is far less so.

All men (with balls) should tell their intending partners that a pre-nuptial is to be signed, if and when we decide to marry (home country), did that with the Mrs, without a hiccup, although her lawyer kept telling her that it wasn't fair for her, so she gave him a piece of paper that said, you can sign a waiver that you have explained everything to me, but I want nothing, (yes I envisaged this) and it all worked out.

No pre-nup here, she has land, house, car and the kids, and that is all I am prepared to lose, everything else I have is back in the old country, hers and the kids when I die, that's my big condom.

3 hours ago, kenk24 said:

Thankfully skinny and/or younger men never have a bad marriage... 

I would hope that slim younger men are much less likely to marry some provincial farm girl with a poor family in tow.

On 03/10/2016 at 1:39 AM, swissie said:

Actually It's next Wednesday. I am bitter and mad as hell. But thanks to offshore banking etc. I have been in a relaxed state of mind for quite some time already..

Cheers.

Sorry to disrupt your relaxed state of mind, but the banks are in deep sh-t and offshore accounts are the worst when it comes to getting your money out or being compensated.

Sais la vie.

4 hours ago, yellowboat said:

Know a guy who married a girl from Soi 33.  He made her sign a pre-nup.  They have been together for 5 years.  They seem happy.  They do not live in Thailand though.  She seems pretty okay.  The rest of her family is far less so.

Ah yes a prenup the ultimate greed killer. Then there is Brad Pitt and Angela Jolie. Money and lots of it are OK while a relationship is OK. When things head south its every man for himself. Keeping your head down and your money intact becomes a real challenge. I think I will become a monk but then why bother I don't have any "real" money. Maybe I should not speak so fast I have not checked my lottery ticket yet no not a Thai ticket. 

Edited by elgordo38

After 30 years of marriage in the USA I thought I knew everything much like many on TV have the "quote correct answer" for everything. Now I simply know one thing. No prenup because never marry again. No reason to legally risk my assets ever again. 

Cheers 

3 hours ago, seancbk said:

I would hope that slim younger men are much less likely to marry some provincial farm girl with a poor family in tow.

Really? Why would you hope that? There are many provincial farm girls with poor but outstanding families who would make great wives for men who do not feel a need for hi-so wives. Not all poor people are as evil as you might think. 

44 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

Really? Why would you hope that? There are many provincial farm girls with poor but outstanding families who would make great wives for men who do not feel a need for hi-so wives. Not all poor people are as evil as you might think. 

I can't argue with that as of course there must be.

But by the time a young guy finds a girl with a family like that he'll probably be an old man (and have much less money).

21 minutes ago, seancbk said:

I can't argue with that as of course there must be.

But by the time a young guy finds a girl with a family like that he'll probably be an old man (and have much less money).

The largest impediment would likely be language. If he does not speak Thai, it will be difficult as she might not have much English either, but some people can work past these things. Usually it is the Thai who is more adept at learning language. 

I would guess that in my village, most of the families are pretty nice and many girls here have found foreign husbands - and often these husbands return with friends looking for wives. There must be 20 or 30+ now and I don't know of any divorces. Many are together for 20+ years too. 

But, why would an older man have much less money? I think older people are more likely to be more financially secure. 

5 hours ago, seancbk said:

You can get fat, ugly, tattooed, facial haired younger men who could also get the provincial farm girl with a poor family in tow.

Then again, as with the older guys, it all depends on the thickness of the wallet.

1 hour ago, joecoolfrog said:

l have been with my lady 4 years next month , I help to support her and am happy to do so. If she went tommorow I would be down maybe10 grand but the time with her has been worth more than a few digits on a bank statement.

Isn't this just you thinking wrong? Why is your 4 years of happiness loosing 10 grand justified. She spent equal happy time with you and gained 10 grand

15 hours ago, kenk24 said:

The largest impediment would likely be language. If he does not speak Thai, it will be difficult as she might not have much English either, but some people can work past these things. Usually it is the Thai who is more adept at learning language. 

I would guess that in my village, most of the families are pretty nice and many girls here have found foreign husbands - and often these husbands return with friends looking for wives. There must be 20 or 30+ now and I don't know of any divorces. Many are together for 20+ years too. 

But, why would an older man have much less money? I think older people are more likely to be more financially secure. 

Why would any young Western man learn Thai just to come here and find a partner? Thai women aren't the cream of womanhood.

Western men who have learned Thai have done so because they're already in country and have few options to get attractive women who speak their native tongue.

A young man has far more options than an old man and many of those options won't be based on his ability to prop up a poor family in the background with a monthly payment.

A younger man has earning potential whereas older men here are typically on fixed incomes which, even if they do rise inflation, thse increases are pegged to inflation in their homelands, not in Thailand.

I see loads of old guys pinching pennies and counting beans in foodhalls in Bangkok so the theory they have more money than the younger guys is easily debunked.

5 hours ago, joecoolfrog said:

l have been with my lady 4 years next month , I help to support her and am happy to do so. If she went tommorow I would be down maybe10 grand but the time with her has been worth more than a few digits on a bank statement.

And you're happy knowing that she's with you is because you support her financially?

What would happen if you stopped paying?