Frozen Pizza

Mekong Bob

No - not really.....

Rim Ping has some in the frozen section but they are usually small & not very good.....

You have to remember that most Thais don't have ovens - or a clue on how to bake/cook/use one.....

Plus the ovens themselves are smallish.....

We have a good sized over that could make large rectangular pizza....But to put the quality ingredients together costs more than buying a pizza.....

I'll buy a couple of big ones to go & freeze them....

There are days I would kill to get some Papa Murphy's pizzas.....Rectangular oven or not I'd find a way to get them baked up.....

I have in the past bought Rim Ping frozen pizzas, and as mentioned earlier they are okay at best. So when I buy them I firstly defrost them, then I add extra toppings before baking. What ever you like really, extra cheese, bacon, mushrooms etc. They only need about 8-10 minutes cooking.

Also Macro sell packs of frozen pizza bases. So you can just make your own, and top it with what ever takes your fancy.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Just tried a frozen simple cheese/ham Pizza from Tesco.

199 Baht, eatable at best.

Not worth the money.

German made are available at TOPS for an even higher price (up to 300 or so).

No one would buy such simple stuff for such an inflated price back home.

Recently studied a pizza slice with a German brand name ("Dr Oetker") at Big C.

Made in China (near Shanghai, forgot the city name) :tongue:

Best Pizza was at a small Italian place (with Italian chef!) in the Soi X-Zyte area in Pattaya.

Better ask for "good Italian restaurant/pizzeria in CM".

Can not recommend any frozen pizza here ...better to put ketchup on a slice of bread !!... agree with the poster who said buy one and freeze it  ...pizza n pasta in Hongdong was fine for me.... as a side note,  I did one time buy the little ones served at markets and walking streets... amazingly bad... truly a gagging experience

Edited by 62strat

3 hours ago, Windhorse said:

These are actually pretty good, wood oven baked and he sells them mostly at restaurants.

The owner, Stefan, is German/Swiss and also makes cheese. The Gruyere he makes is very good and tasty and at 70 Baht per 100 gram excellent value for money.