Pound drops to lowest level since 1985 

webfact

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

No. A simple yes or no would be sufficient .

Theres no need to draw anything .

Yes or a no .

I guess you don't know what a Venn diagram is, what it is used for. or why we would use one in this instance.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, nong38 said:

I remember 1985 well when the $ and the almost became equal, sign of the times.

Brexit was bound to produce a fall in the £, markets dont like uncertainty and a for a while thats what we are going to get.

There are also speculators out there looking to cash in on the situation.

Its a time for gritting your teeth and hanging on in there, going to be a rough ride for while, but it will be worth it, in 3 or 4 years time.

Jam tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

I guess you don't know what a Venn diagram is, what it is used for. or why we would use one in this instance.

OK then go ahead and use one then, if you feel that it would be easier than just writing a yes or a no

4 minutes ago, sanemax said:

OK then go ahead and use one then, if you feel that it would be easier than just writing a yes or a no

Do you know what a Venn diagram is or why it is used? Not much point if you don't. Actually, since this is a side issue to the main thread, forget it.

Edited by SheungWan

1 hour ago, evadgib said:

A predictable reply which Warrant's an airing of this memorable one liner from Jim Davidson when the channel tunnel opened in 94:

"Watch the speed them froggies come running down that tunnel when Germany goes for the hat trick!"  

I cannot forsee any scenario where Britain's survival falls to the inhabitants of mainland Europe.

What's this dredged up prejudice got to do with the downing of sterling?

8 hours ago, yogi100 said:

Too true.

It went down to 43 at the kiosks where the rate is always higher than in the banks.

I remember when it was 32B to the Pound in 1984. Now THAT was low.

And no doubts that's where we are heading, for what exactly?  , sweet f--c all..  bang that onto costs of imported raw material and the 55 % of food the uk imports  and workers and the poor in particular in the uk will  be well and truly in sheet street,  again for what ?

7 minutes ago, Intensified said:

And no doubts that's where we are heading, for what exactly?  , sweet f--c all..  bang that onto costs of imported raw material and the 55 % of food the uk imports  and workers and the poor in particular in the uk will  be well and truly in sheet street,  again for what ?

With the right leaders at the helm we'll be able to eventually to give the homes and jobs that have been taken by undercutting foreign scabs to our own people again. The people were never asked if they wanted alien hordes in the UK in the first place despite the fact that we are meant to live in a democracy.

7 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

With the right leaders at the helm we'll be able to eventually to give the homes and jobs that have been taken by undercutting foreign scabs to our own people again. The people were never asked if they wanted alien hordes in the UK in the first place despite the fact that we are meant to live in a democracy.

more  ill thought out ignorant rascist  nonsence

just goes to show why so many rational people are really concerned about the exit

when votes were placed and the exit was achieved on the back of such stupidity

Edited by Intensified

2 minutes ago, Intensified said:

more ignorant rascist  nonsence

mor erascist bullshit

What's racist about it and why is it nonsense. I take it that is what you were trying to say in spite of the fact that you're obviously either drunk or out of your head.

Come back to me when you've sobered up or straightened yourself out.

9 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

What's racist about it and why is it nonsense. I take it that is what you were trying to say in spite of the fact that you're obviously either drunk or out of your head.

why is it rascist ? you are kidding me ,, are you really that ignorant, it sounds like something straight out of 'mein

kampf' and just in case you really are that.ignorant,  thats hitlers autobiography

On a practical note, what to do with Pounds held in Blighty for people not needing or wanting them converted to THB at such a low rate? Bank savings rates are pitifully low and the FTSE at 7,000 must be a gamble in the current climate, I know Premium Bonds! :saai:

A serious question actually, if anyone has sensible thoughts.

rational thinking,, despite  heavy backing from the gov  since just the announcement and on the bac of ONE speech we've seen sterling  drop  20%  against the thai bhat i flipped some over the week b4 brexit ,, just in case :rolleyes:and got just under 52 looking now the  same source would give me 43,  so any quess's what will happen when we leave ? based On whats ACTUALLY HAPPENED<< NOT BULLSHIT oh it'll be allright crap   the only logical conclusion IMO is that it'll go down again., cany c the  market liking us leaving can u?  so I really honestly reckon well be at around early mid 30's  by the early/ middle of next year, as someone said parity with the dollar and euro   so maybe 43 wont look such a bad deal, i'm seriously thinking of totally lobbing out of sterling , joking aside mexican peso still looks good valued.:sleepy:

Edited by Intensified

5 hours ago, yogi100 said:

alien hordes in the UK

5 hours ago, yogi100 said:

Here is a perfect example of what Brexiters represent to me, staunch European:
Shortsighted, vindictive, without clarity and aggressive.

The problem is that leaders are exactly the same as we can see in the power exercise:
Boris maintains his support for a adhesiion of Turkey to the EU ???
Michael Gove who refuses hisshipwreck  responsability.
UKIP offers us a revealing entertainment between disowned speech, appointment / resignation, support for Trump and the icing on the cake when they exchange their punch arguments in parliamentary assembly.

No wonder Tony Blair wants come back to put the house in order seeing such a mess.

I also think that the UK regain its prominent position, but not now. We will probably wait for a new generation better educated, more lucid and certainly more modest.

1 hour ago, Intensified said:

rational thinking,, despite  heavy backing from the gov  since just the announcement and on the bac of ONE speech we've seen sterling  drop  20%  against the thai bhat i flipped some over the week b4 brexit ,, just in case :rolleyes:and got just under 52 looking now the  same source would give me 43,  so any quess's what will happen when we leave ? based On whats ACTUALLY HAPPENED<< NOT BULLSHIT oh it'll be allright crap   the only logical conclusion IMO is that it'll go down again., cany c the  market liking us leaving can u?  so I really honestly reckon well be at around early mid 30's  by the early/ middle of next year, as someone said parity with the dollar and euro   so maybe 43 wont look such a bad deal, i'm seriously thinking of totally lobbing out of sterling , joking aside mexican peso still looks good valued.:sleepy:

It's been said it could take 10 years to finally get out of the EU. So be patient.

Patience is a virtue,

Possess it if you can,

It's sometimes found in women,

Seldom in a man.

In the meantime we must get used to getting less baht for our money. The average Brexiteer could not give a toss about how much money we can afford to give to Thai prostitutes. There are working men in the UK who can't afford a holiday let alone the price of a shag with a tart because of the hordes of Eastern European scabs who've nicked their jobs and livelihoods courtesy of your precious EU.

It's a bit too late to bleat now. Those who are bothered about it should have joined the Remain Campaign and canvassed on their behalf before June 23rd.

2 hours ago, chiang mai said:

I never thought I'd see the day when I was actually pleased at the thought of Tony Blair coming back into UK politics, it speaks volumes about the current state of play.

The only thing that would please most of the population of Britain is if Tony Blair was banged up in prison for life ,that or die , the man is worse than a piece of shit . ,

sorry to everyone if i am being to nice about the man ..

8 hours ago, yogi100 said:

You're playing right into the hands of the opposition by phrasing your frustrations in those terms. 

Let's not forget 2 things;

- The failure of UKBA to secure UK  borders since the iron curtain fell in 89

- The failure by the UN etc to insist upon 'first safe haven'  for fleeing refugees, removing any incentive to illegally travel any further, at least until properly documented.

- The connivance of the French in opting for the least line of resistance (pushing illegal immigrants north) instead of back-loading via whatever country they entered from until they reach point 1 and join the queue where the less well off  & more deserving are trying to achieve the same aim.

I was living in Dover cira 1987-93 and saw the affect it had on the town, inc my own home being burgled in broad daylight by those with nothing to lose in doing so.

Edited by evadgib

3 minutes ago, evadgib said:

You're playing right into the hands of the opposition by phrasing your frustrations in those terms. 

Or maybe he is expressing a popular Brexiteer viewpoint, reprehensible as it may be? Certainly the noted increase in violence against minorities suggests that there is a deeply unpleasant undercurrent of racism that has been unleashed since Brexit was secured.

35 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Or maybe he is expressing a popular Brexiteer viewpoint, reprehensible as it may be? Certainly the noted increase in violence against minorities suggests that there is a deeply unpleasant undercurrent of racism that has been unleashed since Brexit was secured.

How about your own re your fellow Brits, the English?

Edited by evadgib

5 minutes ago, evadgib said:

How about your own re your fellow Brits, the English?

What about us? Of course there are ars*holes who get shouty and come over all Braveheart when they get a few beers down their necks, but the whole concept of Scottish Nationalism is based upon Civic Nationalism, an inclusive nationalism that does not discriminate. That is why there are so many splinter groups during the referendum such as English for Scottish Independence, Muslims for Scottish Independence etc. We welcome anyone who shares our ideals of a fairer, more just society.

21 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

What about us? Of course there are ars*holes who get shouty and come over all Braveheart when they get a few beers down their necks, but the whole concept of Scottish Nationalism is based upon Civic Nationalism, an inclusive nationalism that does not discriminate. That is why there are so many splinter groups during the referendum such as English for Scottish Independence, Muslims for Scottish Independence etc. We welcome anyone who shares our ideals of a fairer, more just society.

And does that include being ruled by an undemocratic EU, does Juncker share your ideals? I shake my head.

14 hours ago, Johnyo said:

I will say it Yes. The majority I've met are racist towards muslims (Ok a religion) in my eye that's racist as the majority of muslims are dark skinned.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

And that's why they they voted to leave the EU; to reduce the number of Muslim immigrants. Very intelligent, the Brexiteers ?

4 minutes ago, Grouse said:

And that's why they they voted to leave the EU; to reduce the number of Muslim immigrants. Very intelligent, the Brexiteers ?

For a Yorkshireman Grouse, you are very supercilious. 

Edited by vogie