Pound drops to lowest level since 1985 

webfact

Pound drops to lowest level since 1985 

The shorters causing havoc on the back of statements by Hollande and Merkel. 2 Politicians who will be gone next year.

For all those that are currently frothing at the mouth. Do not worry what Sterling is doing at the current juncture.

The axeman cometh soon.

Uncertainty about the size of the penalty that Deutsche Bank faces from the US authorities for a misselling scandal a decade ago has knocked almost 4% off the share price of Germany’s biggest bank.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/oct/10/deutsche-bank-shares-slide-again-after-fresh-speculation-over-us-penalty

This will lead to the demise of the euro and the EZ.

The £ will rocket.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 06/10/2016 at 1:38 PM, billd766 said:

Can I join your gang please as I voted to leave too?

So are you, even if you are wrong too.

Me too please. 

I voted not not for my reduced income future ( which has changed my beer preference to Leo)  but for the future of my children who continue to live there.

i. Opted for their future as in all honesty my future is not as long as I hope my kids future is 

I did not vote to be selfish but for the future.

19 minutes ago, SgtRock said:

The shorters causing havoc on the back of statements by Hollande and Merkel. 2 Politicians who will be gone next year.

For all those that are currently frothing at the mouth. Do not worry what Sterling is doing at the current juncture.

The axeman cometh soon.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/oct/10/deutsche-bank-shares-slide-again-after-fresh-speculation-over-us-penalty

The £ will rocket.

Timescales, this lifetime or ...?

Edited by chiang mai

22 minutes ago, SgtRock said:

The axeman cometh soon.

The £ will rocket.

So you recommend Sterling as a strong buy? 

(stop tittering, you lot at the back.)

21 hours ago, Grouse said:

BBC Radio 4

Sterling now main opposition to Conservative government.

Rapid fall due entirely to May intimating hard Brexit. 

100,000 jobs in the city to go

American banks will repatriate many city jobs back to New York where they already have Euro clearing rights

Hilton (Cameron's pal who defected to Brexit camp) now saying he wouldn't be surprised if Amber Rudd suggested foreign workers getting ID numbers tattooed on their forearms!

May being hammered as first prime minister ever not to put the economy first (naivety).

London based financial services pointy heads insulted by May's comments on global citizens not being citizens of anywhere.

pub time

And didn't the PM have an extra special word of thanks for the Beeb (and the NHS) in her rather long-winded 'Let's make Britain Great again', no teleprompter, stream of consciousness conference speech? I was listening with a fellow Brit when she specifically mentioned those two rather dismal institutions, we did a double-take and shared the thought, "Oh no.... she was doing so well too."

Mine's a pint of Fuller's.

5 minutes ago, chiang mai said:

Timescales, this lifetime or ...?

That has already been clearly specified in detail here...

23 minutes ago, The Dark Lord said:

I did not vote to be selfish but for the future.

and here...

26 minutes ago, SgtRock said:

The axeman cometh soon.

18 hours ago, SheungWan said:

One item to keep your eye on is the cost of flights out of the UK. Flight fuel is priced in dollars. At some time flight prices may begin to push up so it may be prudent to book earlier if possible.

Just look for the airlines that have negotiated fixed-cost, long-term rates for fuel; most of them do. I think Qantas were the most notable winner several years ago when fuel prices and air ticket costs spiked but they managed to keep prices down. 

32 minutes ago, SgtRock said:

The axeman cometh soon.

The £ will rocket.

Bizarre statement.  The worst-case £10bn penality is small change in the EZ economy - not good for DB, but hardly going to wreck the Euro!.  Its like saying that the collapse of Northern Rock should have caused the demise of Sterling.

2 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

I think you mistakenly assume people are stupid or illiterate. They knew exactly what it was about. They disagree with your point, please don't assume they didn't know the implications. people wanted to take back control and wanted to put British people first, something I fully agree with.  

I think nobody knew the implications, and that includes Boris c.s..

2 minutes ago, HauptmannUK said:

Bizarre statement.  The worst-case £10bn penality is small change in the EZ economy - not good for DB, but hardly going to wreck the Euro!.  Its like saying that the collapse of Northern Rock should have caused the demise of Sterling.

If you think that statement is bizarre it suggests that you are not in tune with what is really happening, especially where DB is concerned.

13 minutes ago, SgtRock said:

Make up your own mind

deutsche-bank-fall-chart.png

http://www.visualcapitalist.com/chart-epic-collapse-deutsche-bank/

Unless there is illegal State Aid I would have a guess that it will be over by Christmas.

Maybe the Germans are right; don't support the banks a la Brown?

Actually, if the GBP falls much more, I might buy RBS with the dragon's pocket money ?

4 hours ago, sandyf said:

If however parliament were to vote the other way then it would be a game changer and back where we started. Well not quite, it would be extremely difficult to overcome the animosity that this whole farce has created.

Now that's an understatement if ever there was one.

31 minutes ago, SgtRock said:

If you think that statement is bizarre it suggests that you are not in tune with what is really happening, especially where DB is concerned.

31 minutes ago, SgtRock said:

May I suggest you read HauptmannUK's earlier worrying piece about what is happening to a successful UK tech company before shooting from your undeniably muscular hip?

clearly DB is exposed; but the Eurozone? Maybe you missed the decimal points?

(BTW Hauptmann means Captain. Stillgestanden! SgtRock!)

Edited by Grouse
Humour

2 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

Oh, not that one again.

"When the survey’s findings are projected on to last week’s vote, they would cut the Leave share by 1.2 million, almost wiping out the majority that gave Friday's shock result."

Close(r) but (still) no coconut!

8 minutes ago, Grouse said:

May I suggest you read HauptmannUK's earlier worrying piece about what is happening to a successful UK tech company before shooting from your undeniably muscular hip?

clearly DB is exposed; but the Eurozone? Maybe you missed the decimal points?

Maybe a mistaken idea that Deutche Bank is to Germany what Bank of England is to fair Albion? Probably thinks Bank of America is pivotal to America's financial well being too.

PS. If you do buy RBS, I want to extend my overdraft.

So what's done is done, IMO the future of the UK will be a brighter one when they regain the control which they gave to the other countries to run our own affairs to our own best interests and make the UK an attractive prospect for future investors and manufacturers. Yes it's going to be a bumpy ride for a long time yet but I don't think that going back cap in hand and saying we want to stay in will come across as anything but a huge joke now, possibly leaving us in an even more unenviable position than now

Better we continue on the path that the majority, however slim, set us on

Only my opinion of course

2 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

Why did you dig around for that bit of recent historical speculation when the Independent's front page has this much happier and more recent item?

Why the plummeting Pound Sterling is good news for Britain

6 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Maybe a mistaken idea that Deutche Bank is to Germany what Bank of England is to fair Albion? Probably thinks Bank of America is pivotal to America's financial well being too.

PS. If you do buy RBS, I want to extend my overdraft.

Yep! I reckon you're on the money there!

Now, collateral?

6 minutes ago, chiang mai said:

Having just read a surprising news article article in The Guardian about Thailand, my attention is now drawn in a different direction, away from the instability of GBP to the potential for instability in THB.

You mean potential for instability in Thailand.

8 minutes ago, chiang mai said:

Having just read a surprising news article article in The Guardian about Thailand, my attention is now drawn in a different direction, away from the instability of GBP to the potential for instability in THB.

Nicely stated, wise one.