Pound drops to lowest level since 1985 

webfact

10 hours ago, yogi100 said:

With the right leaders at the helm we'll be able to eventually to give the homes and jobs that have been taken by undercutting foreign scabs to our own people again. The people were never asked if they wanted alien hordes in the UK in the first place despite the fact that we are meant to live in a democracy.

Hillarious!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Do you know what a Venn diagram is?

Could you explain how that would answer my question ?

I did ask him whether he thought that all Brexit voters were racists .

Would a Venn diagram give a "yes" or "no" answer to my question ?

9 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Could you explain how that would answer my question ?

I did ask him whether he thought that all Brexit voters were racists .

Would a Venn diagram give a "yes" or "no" answer to my question ?

A picture's worthwhile a thousand words to a savage 

In my opinion, Brexiteers do indeed tend toward racism in various degrees from mildly xenophobic to foaming at the mouth NAZIs.

1 hour ago, evadgib said:

You're playing right into the hands of the opposition by phrasing your frustrations in those terms. 

Let's not forget 2 things;

- The failure of UKBA to secure UK  borders since the iron curtain fell in 89

- The failure by the UN etc to insist upon 'first safe haven'  for fleeing refugees, removing any incentive to illegally travel any further, at least until properly documented.

- The connivance of the French in opting for the least line of resistance (pushing illegal immigrants north) instead of back-loading via whatever country they entered from until they reach point 1 and join the queue where the less well off  & more deserving are trying to achieve the same aim.

I was living in Dover cira 1987-93 and saw the affect it had on the town, inc my own home being burgled in broad daylight by those with nothing to lose in doing so.

I have lived in the thick of it as well and am too long in the tooth to beat about the bush or to try and be all PC about things. Myself and my family have seen the negative aspects of immigration but I won't go into personal experiences because the hand wringers will just cry 'Racist, Bigot' etc. The authorities just hush it all up so the public do not see the half of what goes on.

I just hope that one day they will find out the hard way that 'We are the World' and 'Great Big Melting Pot' were just songs and the message they try to convey is no more than a pipe dream.

Well we all know now it was a big mistake. Personallly, I can probably weather it out for a couple of years, assuming no big health crisis which, believe me, can really drain the resources. I have some empathy for those who were living on the edge, especially those with committments here. What the hell do you do, go underground I suppose.

1 hour ago, vogie said:

And does that include being ruled by an undemocratic EU, does Juncker share your ideals? I shake my head.

We are currently ruled by a party with a single representative for the whole country - do you think that that is acceptable? At least in a reformed EU we will have an equal seat at the table.

Well we all know now it was a big mistake. Personallly, I can probably weather it out for a couple of years, assuming no big health crisis which, believe me, can really drain the resources. I have some empathy for those who were living on the edge, especially those with committments here. What the hell do you do, go underground I suppose.

Let's hope it's no more than a couple of years but might be prudent to plan for longer

1 hour ago, Grouse said:

And that's why they they voted to leave the EU; to reduce the number of Muslim immigrants. Very intelligent, the Brexiteers ?

Did they? All Brexiters?

I voted leave and so did my MUSLIM friends. In fact my friends in the UK who are immigrants voted leave in the referendum. Indian, Bangladeshi, Somalian, Nigerian and even a friend originally from Djibouti. 

We did so to prevent any more transfer of power to the EU.

By the way, our order books here in the UK are full. More tenders for regen projects rolling in every week.

As a result of Brexit, if I have one big hope  over the next 9 months it is that Sunderland are relegated from the Premier League. However, my hopes or others' wish lists is not going to have one iota of effect on the trajectory of sterling. The only practical thing in front of us is to each manage our own individual assets and that is not a one-size fits all unfortunately.

16 minutes ago, MJP said:

Did they? All Brexiters?

I voted leave and so did my MUSLIM friends. In fact my friends in the UK who are immigrants voted leave in the referendum. Indian, Bangladeshi, Somalian, Nigerian and even a friend originally from Djibouti. 

We did so to prevent any more transfer of power to the EU.

By the way, our order books here in the UK are full. More tenders for regen projects rolling in every week.

Of course there are outliers, including pre-existing migrants wanting to pull up the drawbridge.

For interest, please give an example of EU power causing a specific problem for you and your friends. Was this also against the wishes of our parliament?

Regen projects? Tell more!

Edited by Grouse

2 hours ago, Grouse said:

Do you know what a Venn diagram is?

A map of East Anglian wetlands?

A PPV ('Postman Pat' Vehicle) driven by a Kiwi?

Edited by evadgib
Testing if humour is allowed in both directions

1 hour ago, Grouse said:

In my opinion, Brexiteers do indeed tend toward racism in various degrees from mildly xenophobic to foaming at the mouth NAZIs.

Would you describe the Black and Asian  British people who voted to leave Europe and being racist and Nazis?

The Black and Asian unskilled British people who had to compete with White Eastern Europeans for unskilled work who voted out .

Are they also racist foaming at the mouth Nazis?

8 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Would you describe the Black and Asian  British people who voted to leave Europe and being racist and Nazis?

The Black and Asian unskilled British people who had to compete with White Eastern Europeans for unskilled work who voted out .

Are they also racist foaming at the mouth Nazis?

Now you are being silly.

Pity TV doesn't show discussions anymore.

I said TEND TOWARD racism

Are you anotherone who doesn't understand statistics?

Brexiteers also TEND TOWARD  being less well educated than remainders. To be in demographic groups C2 & D. 

Other brexiteers were cynical opportunists....

If your pals are unskilled, tell them to get trained or get an education and quit moaning ?

16 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

Please do not ignore the fact that Brexit won by only a slim majority - there are many, many Brits who are utterly appalled and embarrassed by the result.

The only thing that appalls and embarrasses the Remnants more is the fact that a fair few didn't get off their complacent bottoms and actually go and vote to remain. If they had, there's a very, very good chance they would have 'won', albeit by an equally small and arguably contestable amount.

13 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Now you are being silly.

Pity TV doesn't show discussions anymore.

I said TEND TOWARD racism

Are you anotherone who doesn't understand statistics?

Brexiteers also TEND TOWARD  being less well educated than remainders. To be in demographic groups C2 & D. 

Other brexiteers were cynical opportunists....

If your pals are unskilled, tell them to get trained or get an education and quit moaning ?

Don't forget the other 'TEND TOWARD' where allegedly the younger voter wanted to Remain and the older voter to Leave.

AFAIK the actual referendum ballot paper didn't ask for any single voters age, education, ethnicity, nationality or race. The only thing that was easily seen was the calling of the vote live in public by electoral constituency. But within a few hours of the result being announced, the press was full of detailed demographic slices of the voting pie by age, education, height, haircut, etc..

Bloody amazing.

Edited by NanLaew

15 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

The only thing that appalls and embarrasses the Remnants more is the fact that a fair few didn't get off their complacent bottoms and actually go and vote to remain. If they had, there's a very, very good chance they would have 'won', albeit by an equally small and arguably contestable amount.

Not really. I think many of us were astonished that there are so many poorly informed and under-educated numpties in our midst ?

The referendum truely represents the view of the people at the time.

Edited by Grouse

8 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Don't forget the other 'TEND TOWARD' where allegedly the younger voter wanted to Remain and the older voter to Leave.

AFAIK the actual referendum ballot paper didn't ask for any single voters age, education, ethnicity, nationality or race. The only thing that was easily seen was the calling of the vote live in public by electoral constituency. But within a few hours of the result being announced, the press was full of detailed demographic slices of the voting pie by age, education, height, haircut, etc..

Bloody amazing.

Exit polls

Those damned statistics again eh?

I have lived in the thick of it as well and am too long in the tooth to beat about the bush or to try and be all PC about things. Myself and my family have seen the negative aspects of immigration but I won't go into personal experiences because the hand wringers will just cry 'Racist, Bigot' etc. The authorities just hush it all up so the public do not see the half of what goes on.

I just hope that one day they will find out the hard way that 'We are the World' and 'Great Big Melting Pot' were just songs and the message they try to convey is no more than a pipe dream.

You dont need to go into personal details you' ve told us you based your vote on race because things that happened to you 20 years ago! Making you a racist not a very bright one at that,,hno surprise there though Have you thought it through atm Our french partners
are busy stopping migrants flooding over the channel hense the camps on their coast, what happens when we leave? they have started.to pressure central gov to disband the camps and just let them cross when and how they wish.!! Every chance its gonna happen as well.

On 10/4/2016 at 3:49 PM, carstenp said:

It's not fun to be a expat right now in Thailand :shock1:

eh? My Wife  earns a fortune in Thailand , its  a  great time especially visiting the UK and ordering stuff from there

Bloody amazing.

I'm stunned by the ignorance

10 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Not really. I think many of us were astonished that there are so many poorly informed and under-educated numpties in our midst ?

Yes, I can see those arched eyebrows from all the way over here. No, the numpties could hardly have been living 'in our midst' now could they? Not in Surbiton, Wycombe and Reading anyway. It is amazing how insular and parochial the home counties remain although it's probably now being challenged by their new found bitterness.

3 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Exit polls

Those damned statistics again eh?

Personally, I prefer the tea leaves over the crystal ball.

39 minutes ago, Grouse said:

How does an opposing vote render someone a numpty? I learned years ago to make a decision and stand by it which has put me in good stead over the years...

The only times I readily acknowledge ever being wrong  came after I had uttered the immortal words "I do"!  :)

Edited by evadgib

19 minutes ago, Intensified said:

atm Our french partners
are busy stopping migrants flooding over the channel hense the camps on their coast, what happens when we leave? they have started.to pressure central gov to disband the camps and just let them cross when and how they wish.!! Every chance its gonna happen as well.

#352 explains.

Edited by evadgib

On 10/6/2016 at 10:46 AM, Laughing Gravy said:

No I never missed the point. I get the point. We see it differently. The UK did fine before the EU and will do fine after the EU.

Once again you are wrong. I am not against any EU regulation. Some yes.

People are under the impression  and wrongly so, that the EU has made the UK a better place and modern. In fact it is the other way around. The UK had many great things in place before the EU with better pensions, benefits related to earnings to name just a few.

As the prime minster pointed out as others have too the EU can stifle and hinder the UK progress with many laws. I agree with the UK getting rid of the European Human rights law. Soldiers getting took to the cleaners and put in prison for doing their job.

The UK can't deport the hate preachers and terrorists due to this pathetic law. Well I am one that is overjoyed. The EU will try its best to punish the UK for getting out of its club. It is a price worth paying for sovereignty. My grandmother use to tell me that times were hard during the wars 'but it was worth it to be free' she always said. I agree and it is a price all my friends and I are willing to pay to be free of the tyranny and corruption of the EU fat cats telling us what we have to do.

I am against Zero hour contracts and I know those who are on them are too.

Is that selective memory or just not old enough to remember.

29 minutes ago, evadgib said:

How does an opposing vote render someone a numpty? I learned years ago to make a decision and stand by it which has put me in good stead over the years...

The only times I readily acknowledge ever being wrong  came after I had uttered the immortal words "I do"!  :)

Because, whenever one questions a Brexiteer about their views, their opinions seem to be based on falsehoods and misunderstandings. In short, their decisions do not stand up to reasoned debate UNLESS they resort to casual racism or they admit to having difficulty finding work through lack of education or training. In particular, the lack of understanding about how the EU operates is just embarrassing. And here's the thing, those of us who took a nuanced viewpoint, who realised the decision was complex, find ourselves backed into more entrenched positions than we might otherwise feel. I for one can list several problems with the EU that cause me pause. Sadly it is difficult on TV to have a rational discussion because it becomes swamped with utterly ridiculous comments.

2 hours ago, Intensified said:

You dont need to go into personal details you' ve told us you based your vote on race because things that happened to you 20 years ago! Making you a racist not a very bright one at that,,hno surprise there though Have you thought it through atm Our french partners

At least I showed you how to spell 'racist'. Seeing as how it must be one of your favourite words I'd have thought you'd at least have known how to spell it..

I'm no fan of the spelling and grammar mafia but when a fellow such as yourself who can't spell 'racist' and 'nonsense' calls someone  else 'not a very bright one' you do come across as rather sad and pitiful, don't you think.