90 day report will not be accepted without a copy of current TM30

Thailand

2 hours ago, JingerBen said:

Same here...

I did my 90 day report at Promenada yesterday and no one asked me to show the TM30.

But maybe they will next time... the goalposts are always moving.

yes cobber to morning  E/S picked  up my passport,from my visa agent,with my 90 day report executed, without the TM30

but was told that my shelia must file  her thai id,  house book, and my passport for registration   next time around and that included if i leave the country and  return within those 90 days

she will do so next week,just another hurdle, small chips,under present marshall law,

its  a Cream of a good arvo to all

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, amexpat said:

I did my 90 day online this morning. Printed it out this afternoon. Don't know if it is as pretty as the 300 baht version, though.

Even cheaper and prettier than my  40baht plus 90 day receipt of notification returned today, 4 working days.

Hopefully online will be back working for me next time.Must have been a glitch last week.

Good post, Mesquite.  The TM28 could also be explained since there is a difference in its purpose.  Someone can probably do a better job of it than I, but my understanding (per the ThaiVisa immigration affairs guru Ubon Joe) is that it is used only when you move your regular abode, not leave the country or travel around Thailand (the latter for more than 48 hours) and return to your regular abode when you produce your TM30 receipt for Immigration.    TM28 Residence Change Report Form.pdf

Good poast, Mesquite,  The TM28 could also be explained since there is a difference in its purpose.  Someone can probably do a better job of it than I, but my understanding (per the ThaiVisa immigration affairs guru Ubon Joe) is that it is used only when you move your regular abode, not leave the country or travel around Thailand (the latter for more than 48 hours) and return to your regular abode when you produce your TM30 receipt for Immigration.    TM28 Residence Change Report Form.pdf

There have been very few reports on ThaiVisa (Chiang Mai section) of anybody attempting to file TM28 forms here in Chiangmai and, if my memory is correct, the immigration dudes just handed the paperwork back and said they didn't want it for a majority of those posters. 

As for the TM30 being needed to do your 90-day reports, I doubt it so far.  A friend of mine did the 90-day deal by mail and received his receipt back this past Friday with no mention of any TM30 (and one is not filed for him).  Another friend went to Promenada yesterday morning and did his 90-day report in person....and there was no mention of any TM30 (and one is not filed for him).  Unless and until Immigration itself starts telling people it's needed, I don't think we should pay any attention to what people are reporting that the visa agents are telling them.

The reports of people not being able to file a 90 day report without having a current TM30 on file seem to come from those who attempt to file their 90 day reports at the Imm. office near the airport, i.e. those with marriage extensions.  It's very easy for the I/O to tell those people to go out to the building behind their office to take care of their TM30 filing on-the-spot, esp. if their Thai wives (and homeowners) are with them to  both translate and cough up the fine.  

Much harder for the I/Os at Imm. Prom. to direct the retirees filing 90 day reports that they won't accept the report and they have to find their landlord and bring that person to the old Imm. office near the airport to file a TM30.  

Even cheaper and prettier than my  40baht plus 90 day receipt of notification returned today, 4 working days.

Hopefully online will be back working for me next time.Must have been a glitch last week.

You know, I'm even wondering if it was something as stupid as the guy / gal that does them was on holiday for a week so nobody to do them. You would think NO WAY could the system be that poorly planned and inefficient could it? But..........

At least one other poster here had an application languishing in Pending until Monday, the same day I cancelled and re-submitted mine.

Posted via Tapatalk

Received my Passport back today from my visa Agent

No TM30 receipt required this time

Maybe as Nancyl has stated it is probably he Airport Imm Office that seem to be out of kilter with Prom immigratyion

You would think that all immigration offices in Thailand

Would all be doing the same with all paperwork

Maybe they need a directive form the head of immigration in Bangkok

I wonder what Chiang Mai immigration is up to

19 hours ago, CMBob said:

There have been very few reports on ThaiVisa (Chiang Mai section) of anybody attempting to file TM28 forms here in Chiangmai and, if my memory is correct, the immigration dudes just handed the paperwork back and said they didn't want it for a majority of those posters. 

As for the TM30 being needed to do your 90-day reports, I doubt it so far.  A friend of mine did the 90-day deal by mail and received his receipt back this past Friday with no mention of any TM30 (and one is not filed for him).  Another friend went to Promenada yesterday morning and did his 90-day report in person....and there was no mention of any TM30 (and one is not filed for him).  Unless and until Immigration itself starts telling people it's needed, I don't think we should pay any attention to what people are reporting that the visa agents are telling them.

The only problem with that is people have been stopped by the Police who only wanted to see their psssport with  a TM30 in it.  800B fine there and then or 1600B back at the station.  Dont know about you but I would rather pay the once at immigration and not at every road block

I have just been to immigration to get a TM30.  The first one has to be done by a Thai,  a foreigner cannot submit the TM30 form.  If the 'foreigner'leaves the country and then returns (within 24 hours to avoid the 1600B fine) he can then submit his passport for the TM30 to be updated, a Thai is not required at that point.

1 hour ago, Dellboy218 said:

The only problem with that is people have been stopped by the Police who only wanted to see their psssport with  a TM30 in it.  800B fine there and then or 1600B back at the station.  Dont know about you but I would rather pay the once at immigration and not at every road block

That's the first report I've read of that.  Before anybody gets bent out of shape about this claim, perhaps you could tell us if it happened to you (if so, details of when and where) or, if not, how you heard about it (along with details and how many persons were involved).  What you're suggesting is that the traffic cops at the roadblocks are checking falang passports for TM30 Receipt of Notification forms.

18 minutes ago, Dellboy218 said:

I have just been to immigration to get a TM30.  The first one has to be done by a Thai,  a foreigner cannot submit the TM30 form.  If the 'foreigner'leaves the country and then returns (within 24 hours to avoid the 1600B fine) he can then submit his passport for the TM30 to be updated, a Thai is not required at that point.

Condo owners can do their own (and pay their own fine).

14 minutes ago, CMBob said:

That's the first report I've read of that.  Before anybody gets bent out of shape about this claim, perhaps you could tell us if it happened to you (if so, details of when and where) or, if not, how you heard about it (along with details and how many persons were involved).  What you're suggesting is that the traffic cops at the roadblocks are checking falang passports for TM30 Receipt of Notification forms.

You may not have heard about it but rumours have been going round for a while.  Now, 2 friends have told me that friends of theirs have been stopped and that was all that was asked for.  I am not suggesting anything I merely pointed out that this is happening as I have no reason to disbelieve my friends. Next question?

21 minutes ago, Dellboy218 said:

Perhaps you did in which case the officers are telling different stories I repeat I am only forearding what one particular immigration bloke said to me.

And that is all we can ever do.  Thanks Dellboy, keep sparking.

2 hours ago, KhonKaenKowboy said:

Can anyone confirm that hotels/guesthouses are giving TM30 receipts...I hadn't seen one in 18 years, before yesterday.  Hotelled in BKK a few months ago at large chain hotel.

Most hotels cannot give TM30 receipts because the TM30 is done online. We do them every day. All we can do is take a screenprint of the receipt. After 7 days the information is no longer available to the hotel.

For those of you confused about domestic travel: every hotel must register every non-Thai person's stay. Most hotels at best register 25% but  I guess the direction is moving towards register 100% Once you have stayed in a hotel that registers you then the immigration address for you is that hotel. When you go back home your TM30 notification becomes incorrect unless re-registered. The landlord (which may be your wife) is then liable to a fine. 

2 hours ago, KhonKaenKowboy said:

Can anyone confirm that hotels/guesthouses are giving TM30 receipts...I hadn't seen one in 18 years, before yesterday.  Hoteled in BKK a few months ago at large chain hotel.

That is they can ever log In

They are so frustrated with the System too

i was visiting a guest house where i used to use

I have friend who works there

I saked about them reporting there guests

She said they would if they could get on the web site

So it is a 50/50 chance that anyone in a guest house hotel or condo

Actually registers you

Or ever gets a receipt

IMHO

17 minutes ago, bluweyze said:

Most hotels cannot give TM30 receipts because the TM30 is done online. We do them every day. All we can do is take a screenprint of the receipt. After 7 days the information is no longer available to the hotel.

For those of you confused about domestic travel: every hotel must register every non-Thai person's stay. Most hotels at best register 25% but  I guess the direction is moving towards register 100% Once you have stayed in a hotel that registers you then the immigration address for you is that hotel. When you go back home your TM30 notification becomes incorrect unless re-registered. The landlord (which may be your wife) is then liable to a fine. 

Just to confirm

If you come back from Overseas or from another Area other than where you are registered in

You can go to the Police Investigator Section

Behind the Airport immigration office yourself

This has nothing to do with Chiang Mai Immigration

They will give you your new TM30 receipt

A friend dis this himself on Monday

It might be wise to keep a copy with you if you do not carry your passport

I guess only time will tell if this is true about the Police checking for the TM30 receipts

33 minutes ago, Lizard2010 said:

Just to confirm

If you come back from Overseas or from another Area other than where you are registered in

You can go to the Police Investigator Section

Behind the Airport immigration office yourself

This has nothing to do with Chiang Mai Immigration

They will give you your new TM30 receipt

A friend dis this himself on Monday

It might be wise to keep a copy with you if you do not carry your passport

I guess only time will tell if this is true about the Police checking for the TM30 receipts

Surely the guys in building 3 are Immigration police also?

Just to confirm i got the TM30/28 penalty...1600 Baht.

6 weeks over their 'by the book' reporting window.

Never even knew anything about this requirement till I saw the threads on here.

Same address for years here as well. Retro-actively stuffed by a 1979 rule not enforced till now on re-reporting an address !

BALLS.

Like anyone else with a modicum of sense I do 90 day online, or failing that by post, so no-one gets to see a TM30. I got the missus to fill one in about 6 months ago and since then I've done numerous trips with stayovers in Thailand and 1 trip to Yangon. Having a 1yr non-imm spouse visa and co-owning our house for 25+ years I'm still not clear as to when or why I should report. Isn't my annual check-in and 4 x 90-day reports for 25 years enough to let the know where I stay. I've given up trying to figure it out and half-expect a 1600b fine when I renew in March. I'm past caring what they want of me. I still haven't filled in  their nosey-parker form either.

13 minutes ago, Chiengmaijoe said:

. I've given up trying to figure it out and half-expect a 1600b fine when I renew in March. I'm past caring what they want of me.

too right scouser, us old timers,have the experience to go with the flow, just a kick in the  flanks, nuffin more

still recovering from the spanking you gave us, it really hurt, think you are in for a good  season

its a chelsea late evening to all

52 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

too right scouser, us old timers,have the experience to go with the flow, just a kick in the  flanks, nuffin more

still recovering from the spanking you gave us, it really hurt, think you are in for a good  season

its a chelsea late evening to all

Still a bit daft though. How long do you have to have owned a house before they figure  out that you actually live there? I'm on 25+ years. My drivers license has my address unchanged for 5 years and no-one questions it every time I fart.

The issuers of my 2 year work permit also assume that I return to the same address should I leave Chiang Mai for more than 5 minutes. It's also proof of residence for 2 years, acceptable to most government agencies. 

And let's not forget too that a trip abroad requires an exit-re-entry visa. Guess what guys, I returned to my house, where coincidentally my wife lives too. The very same wife that is the basis on which they grant the visa.

I wonder what is the relevance of filling in your address every 90 days, and reporting it to the immigration police? Apparently it doesn't count. You've got to laugh!

A 'Come On You Reds' goodnight. 

Edited by Chiengmaijoe

15 minutes ago, Chiengmaijoe said:

Still a bit daft though. How long do you have to have owned a house before they figure  out that you actually live there? I'm on 25+ years. My drivers license has my address unchanged for 5 years and no-one questions it every time I fart. The issuers of my 2 year work permit also assume that I return to the same address should I leave Chiang Mai for more than 5 minutes. It's also proof of residence for 2 years, acceptable to most government agencies. And let's not forget too that a trip abroad requires an exit-re-entry visa. Guess what guys, I returned to my house, where coincidentally my wife lives too. The very same wife that is the basis on which they grant the visa. You've got to laugh!

A 'Come On You Reds' goodnight.

yes its daft, as your  above post  is on the money,but what do you expect ,the very smart Thai,s, work off shore,  and its a B.I.B. baht sucking  exercise etc etc, simple as that

pleasant dreams to all,