One 2 Call

darrendsd

In every 7-11 in Hua Hin there is a sign at the counters saying One 2 Call top up not available, this is for both the cards and printed slip

I asked one of the counter staff what was happening but got the usual Mai Roo answer :rolleyes:

Is this happening all over Thailand and does anyone know what the issue is? I've got family coming over soon and have told them to get a One 2 Call Sim card when they arrive

If all fails use the orange colored self service machines which are about everywhere.

E.g. at all 7/11, Family Mart and countless mom&pop shops.

English menu available. Easy as ...

But they charge a fee.

Seems they recently raised from 2 to 3 Baht. I paid 53 for the step-daughter for 50 Baht top-up.

Interesting thread. It has gone unnoticed to me so far that there is a problem at the 7/11 counter.

Tesco and BigC should also supply top-up slips.

I must admit I have never tried there.

Edited by KhunBENQ

22 hours ago, darrendsd said:

I've got family coming over soon and have told them to get a One 2 Call Sim card when they arrive

So many options besides 7/11.

No reason to worry.

I will try 7/11 tomorrow.

No 7/11 in our village.

Yes there are still unchartered territories :biggrin:

btw...I do business with K - bank and they have a very efficient English speaking 'Call center'...

if when you approach yer local bank branch for assistance in these matters and the staff regard you with saucer eyes simply call the Call Center , explain the problem and hand over yer phone to the bank manager...

I've tried it and it works....

Edited by tutsiwarrior

This isn't the first time 7-11's have stopped taking over the counter payments recently. They also stopped processing PAYSBUY payments 2-3 months ago. Their counter staff weren't made aware and couldn't offer an explanation then either.

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 9:40 PM, sumrit said:

This isn't the first time 7-11's have stopped taking over the counter payments recently. They also stopped processing PAYSBUY payments 2-3 months ago. Their counter staff weren't made aware and couldn't offer an explanation then either.

Is "Paysbuy" the payment system used by Lazada and Air Asia for 7/11 payments?

There have been some stories in the press the last few days about a major data breach at AIS....Maybe 7/11 is nervous.

Edited by dddave

7 hours ago, dddave said:

Is "Paysbuy" the payment system used by Lazada and Air Asia for 7/11 payments?

There have been some stories in the press the last few days about a major data breach at AIS....Maybe 7/11 is nervous.

Don't know about Lazada  and Air Asia but it is one of the methods used by Expat TV. Been paying at the 7-11 since it first started as UKTV but from 3-4 months ago they couldn't process any payments. The counter staff didn't know why. Yes there's other options but the 7-11 was the most convenient for me. Used to pay Expat, buy a True money voucher for Ilike HD and top up my daughter's AIS 12call sim at the same time. Can't top up Expat now, or 12call. Only wants them to stop selling True money and there'll be no need to go in the shop again.

Even if 7 Eleven has stopped transacting AIS - One 2 Call topups, you should still be able to accomplish a mobile SIM account topup with a local Mom n' Pop store. The local shops either subscribe a dedicated Internet TopUp website or use Mobile USSD credit transfers to effect a topup.

Just did a One 2 Call topup for a friend via the local Mom n' Pop shop a few days ago.  Just gave them the phone number and 150 baht and the friend received an SMS confirmation.

Have to remember that transactions done this way are made direct to the phone account provided, so no scratch-card or printed-receipt code that would topup any One 2 Call number that could be kept in your pocket till needed.