rooster59

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Pib said:

With "squeezing neck" medical procedures it's another example of why Thailand is a world renown Medical Hub.

Yes, and it's like  traditional yogic Thai massage in general: bloody painful! It's the only form of massage I've had where I felt worse the next day rather than better!

Edited by Eligius

Something similar to this is called beauty parlor syndrome. Having your hair washed in sink at salon lying on your back with neck at the edge of the sink can give you stroke symptoms if too much pressure is put on your neck.

I always have a folded towel across the part of the sink where your neck will rest and ask for light pressure on my head.

Throughout Asia you can get extended head massage along with process of washing your hair, can be a dangerous action.if too much pressure is applied.

9 minutes ago, Eligius said:

Yes, and it's like  traditional yogic Thai massage in general: bloody painful! It's the only form of massage I've had where I felt worse the next day rather than better!

But it's good for you so don't be so ungrateful. I particularly like the bit when the masseuse puts her fist in my groin to cut off the blood supply to my legs (and for all I know to my testicles as well). Then they want a tip.

LiD

3 hours ago, MaxLee said:

:shock1::shock1::shock1::shock1::shock1:..............................................

and you need a whole news article to scientifically state that......

Some brains are thicker than others and more pressure has to be applied to get the information through to the receiving source.  The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.

Just what we needed, an 'expert Thai doctor' to tell us that squeezing a person's neck with both hands may kill him/her!!!

Surely there is nobody on the planet who didn't know that.

Next he'll be telling us that if you hold a person under water he'll drown.

2 minutes ago, F4UCorsair said:

Just what we needed, an 'expert Thai doctor' to tell us that squeezing a person's neck with both hands may kill him/her!!!

Ha ha - yes! Or that if someone stabs you in the heart, you might possibly die. Or that if you jump off a high cliff, it might prove fatal!

7 minutes ago, F4UCorsair said:

Well, nothing beats a Thai-Expert opinion. 

28 minutes ago, curtklay said:

They have Thai experts?

Yes, they are the ones who were lucky enough to answer all the multiple-choice exam questions correct, because they wore the correct amulet. And when they speak, you better listen! 

Edited by khunpa

58 minutes ago, Eligius said:

Yes, and it's like  traditioinal yogic Thai massage in general: bloody painful! It's the only form of massage I've had where I felt worse the next day rather than better!

Me too elIgius (Sorry, can't edit)

1 minute ago, Eligius said:

Ha ha - yes! Or that if someone stabs you in the heart, you might possibly die. Or that if you jump off a high cliff, it might prove fatal!

2 minutes ago, Eligius said:

It's a violent form of massage.

Off a tall building may be more topical for expats living In Tjhailand

55 minutes ago, orchidlady said:

Something similar to this is called beauty parlor syndrome. Having your hair washed in sink at salon lying on your back with neck at the edge of the sink can give you stroke symptoms if too much pressure is put on your neck.

I always have a folded towel across the part of the sink where your neck will rest and ask for light pressure on my head.

Throughout Asia you can get extended head massage along with process of washing your hair, can be a dangerous action.if too much pressure is applied.

I know this is a little off topic, but:

What's it like to still have hair?  Like a lot of the guys here, it's been so long ago that I can't remember...

1 hour ago, LifeInDorset said:

But it's good for you so don't be so ungrateful. I particularly like the bit when the masseuse puts her fist in my groin to cut off the blood supply to my legs (and for all I know to my testicles as well). Then they want a tip.

Do they let up the pressure before or after you tip 'em?  'Cause I know which way I'd go to maximize tips.

Back home, we call it extortion.  Here, we'd call it a variation on the happy ending.

Edited by impulse

This is so stupid that I guess a multiple choice question is needed, to really understand what is going on.

What do you think is correct?

1. The doctor is so stupid, that he actually believes other people do not know.

2. The doctor thinks all other people are just plain stupid and needs to know.

3. People really are so stupid, that they do not know.

4. The person who wrote the article is stupid.

Edited by khunpa

2 minutes ago, khunpa said:

Going for a multiple choice question here. What do you think is correct?

1. The doctor is so stupid, that he actually believes other people do not know.

2. The doctor thinks all other people are just plain stupid and needs to know.

3. People really are so stupid, that they do not know.

4. The person who wrote the article is stupid.

Could be all of them.

6 hours ago, impulse said:

Ridicule it all you want.

If there's someone out there offering this as a treatment, the article is timely.  It may save lives.

If one person reads this and changes their mind about getting it done, I'd put it in the win column.

id  say anyone who thinks  they need this "treatment"  is  probably better off having it

Edited by kannot

2 hours ago, F4UCorsair said:

Didnt stop the "Man from Atlantis"

It is important to know your own body b4 u attempt to go for massage, especially thai massage. Dont go on a full stomach minutes after u had your meal. If u r a 1st timer, ask the masseue to apply light to medium strength, if not u risk getting body aches or high fever after or the next day. There have been known cases of ppl dying after or during a massage session cos the pressure apply to certain points in our body if we r not well suffering from certain sickness might actually kill us. N yes it does not need to take an expert to tell us squeezing the neck will kill us.