SURVEY: Is the Immigration policy of Good Guys in/Bad Guys Out effective?

SURVEY: Is the policy of Good Guys In/Bad Guys Out effective?  

154 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

22 hours ago, possum1931 said:

So have I, there is one I use regularly in Petchabun, almost opposite Big C.

There are still reasonably good +/- 350 thb guesthouses all over Thailand,  like in Chiang Mai, to be honest, most of them started to raise there price up to 400/500 copying the next guest house that gets greedy.. my wife and i stayed in a couple nice ones on the coastline from Nakon Si Tamatat to Don Sak. and further up north between Surat Thani and Hua Hin. in the beginning of the year.

In my backpacking years 300/350 was about the price I payed everywhere in Thailand sometimes cheaper.

Best regards.

• Like 1

Is it effective? 

Well if we take the simplistic view and use the campaign motto "Good guys in. Bad Guys out!"

We know they are supposedly good at getting the "bad guys out". But in order to judge its effectiveness we need to know how many additional "good guys in"  immigration have achieved? 

So how many good guys have Thai immigration brought in to Thailand?? 

If Thai immigration aren't actively doing the first part of their own campaign motto. They might as well just change the entire campaign motto to - sod off foreigners !!

29 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Yes, I take your point, but it would be a shame for those who are too old to get health insurance not to get into Thailand, also those with existing health problems who can't get health insurance. I don't know what the answer is.

Good that you mentioned that.  My suggestion is a policy sufficient to stabilize and evacuate such people to their home-country in case of a health episode.  That might be the sort of policy offered at the border to everyone, as it avoids the complexities of pre-existing conditions, etc.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Nothing wrong with being shirtless on the beach or even in parks, but those who are shirtless walking through shopping malls, going into restaurants etc, I would have them lifted and put in jail. Respect must be shown to the Thai people in their own country.

Dude - most Thai people think it might be a bit strange and have a bit of a giggle at the stupid foreigner, but thankfully most Thai folk are pretty laid back and far less pious than you. Put people in jail for not wearing a shirt in a shopping mall!!! How about asking them to put on a shirt first, before you lock them up? Just an idea. 

13 minutes ago, jonclark said:

So people who go shirtless in a shopping mall should be put in jail, if the refuse to cover themselves. 

You're not related to Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi by any chance? Just seems you both share equally zealous and somewhat fundementalist views on what you deem to be acceptable and respectable behaviour. 

Yes, and so should those who go shirtless  in restaurants.

28 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

What is wrong with wearing a shirt being a requirement in public places.

Anybody ever seen this sign?

business_noservice_traditional_base_5.pn

Nothing wrong with the idea of the sign, freedom of choice like expression is a great thing. More a gripe with the views (which i respect) that suggest you should be put in jail if you fail to comply, with justification offered by the assumption that it offends Thai people in Thailand. <removed>

Bad guys out...wasn't it.

Edited by ubonjoe
inflammatory comment removed

1 hour ago, jonclark said:

Nothing wrong with the idea of the sign, freedom of choice like expression is a great thing. More a gripe with the views (which i respect) that suggest you should be put in jail if you fail to comply, with justification offered by the assumption that it offends Thai people in Thailand. <removed>

Bad guys out...wasn't it.

Thailand...when clearly its an indivduals own point of view. Suitable?

12 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Yes, I'm a bad boy.:sad:

I'm a bad boy too.  To much of a butterfly; I have a butterfly tattoo on my chest.  The exact same one that's on the back cover of the book entitled "Papillon" by Henri Charriere.  Having tattooed 13 girls with butterflies in Chiang Mai, I guess us "punters" are considered bad. 

• Like 1

Doesn't necessarily target "bad guys". Many times it's just penalizing, targeting and making it more difficult for legal "good guys".  For example...

hassles for "too many" VE entries recently

fines for not staying where registered

fines for expats and landlords for not filing/not immediately filing TM30

and myriad other trivialities...