May ready for tough talks over Brexit

rooster59

3 hours ago, vogie said:

Simple answer, I don't want one. If the referendum result had gone the other way I would bet pound to a pinch of sugar you wouldn't be shouting 'I want another referendum.'

waaaaa-its-not-fair.jpg

Takes us back to Nigel who said in an interview that if the result of the referendum is "anything less than a 60-40 vote to remain that will be unfinished business" and so it is.

3 hours ago, vogie said:

Simple answer, I don't want one. If the referendum result had gone the other way I would bet pound to a pinch of sugar you wouldn't be shouting 'I want another referendum.'

waaaaa-its-not-fair.jpg

No problem being on the losing side because I am on the right side.

Seriously, it was a bloody stupid idea to not state either a super majority or a majority of the electorate as being the requirement for constitutional change.

1 minute ago, adammike said:

Takes us back to Nigel who said in an interview that if the result of the referendum is "anything less than a 60-40 vote to remain that will be unfinished business" and so it is.

What a coincidence, my next door neighbour Eric said he'll settle for 52 -48%

• Like 1

Just now, Grouse said:

No problem being on the losing side because I am on the right side.

Seriously, it was a bloody stupid idea to not state either a super majority or a majority of the electorate as being the requirement for constitutional change.

It's only a "stupid idea" because you don't like it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, i claudius said:

What you mean keep posting on here? I agree with Bert .give it a rest your fingers must be worn out

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I will continue to lobby MPs and also point out the idiocy of Brexit whenever and Wherever possible.

Did you hear Gove trying to defend the indefensible on Radio 4 this morning? Followed by that DREADFUL DUP bitch? My god, get rid of NI!

17 hours ago, Grouse said:

No, it is an intrinsically and demonstrably stupid Idea ?

They said that about the first car, airplane, and tons of other things.

My dear old father said the same when I bought my first house.   

Brexit can be an opportunity from a crisis...as the Chinese say. 

12 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

Dont you ever get sick of going on and on and on and on , we are leaving the E.U get over it .

Are you trying to say that Grouse should shut his mouth because you vile Russian bloggers are saying him to do so? I don't think it will happen due Russian troll interaction. I surely hope no person with right mind would care what the Russian trolls think about. 

It looks to me like the UK is leaving just in time:

Eurozone Data Point to Strengthening Recovery

The eurozone economy appears to have gained fresh momentum as 2017 draws to a close, led by a revival in France.

The fresh acceleration bodes well for next year, and suggests the $10 trillion economy may again partner the U.S. in supporting a stronger global expansion.

Data firm IHS Markit on Thursday said its composite Purchasing Managers Index for the eurozone—based on survey responses from 5,000 manufacturers and service providers—rose to 57.5 in November from 56.0 in October, reaching its highest level in more than 6½ years. A reading above 50.0 signals an expansion in activity.

http://www.cetusnews.com/business/Eurozone-Data-Point-to-Strengthening-Recovery.ryWBGWmVxG.html

24 minutes ago, oilinki said:

What is keeping us burning, and in fact hanging, these individuals who are among us with the aim to destroy us?

Why we should be waiting for our homes to be destroyed by these people?

These are the Liberal questions. The question we snowflakes think about. 

Once we figure out answers to these questions, we are more free.

Edited by Guest
Not editing this one. Sometimes the wasted person should have voice to say what it thinks.

4 hours ago, nauseus said:

Another dozy comment. 17 million voted to get out, that's all.

Quite, without any thought whatsover on how that would be achieved and the consequences.

Arlene Foster is probably quite right, NI voted to remain so why shouldn't the Irish government look for reunification but that and all the other problems are irrelevant to those that just want out.

As said 17 million voted without thought far less a strategy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Srikcir said:

"In a crisis, be aware of the danger--but recognize the opportunity.”

Was there awareness of the danger before Brexit?

Indeed but I don't think it's linear. Where there is risk the opportunity needs to be substantially greater. I'm not going to risk losing one pound for the chance to make one pound! Make the upside five pounds and I'll think about it!

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Grouse said:

Indeed but I don't think it's linear. Where there is risk the opportunity needs to be substantially greater. I'm not going to risk losing one pound for the chance to make one pound! Make the upside five pounds and I'll think about it!

Bigger the risk, bigger the gain..come on Grouse have a flutter..get that old pound note out of the safe.

You risk your nuts off every day driving here.

2 hours ago, Grouse said:

And there you beautifully illustrate the level of wit of the average Brexiter! Laugh? I nearly did ?

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit as said by those incapable of its proper application and who as a result  suffer from it a lot.  :smile:

2 hours ago, Grouse said:

I'm not going to risk losing one pound for the chance to make one pound! Make the upside five pounds and I'll think about it!

I really think you need to understand the difference between long and short odds.  A little probability theory wouldn't go amiss either  How is your business doing?

8 hours ago, aright said:

I really think you need to understand the difference between long and short odds.  A little probability theory wouldn't go amiss either  How is your business doing?

Which one? I have six.

It's not a question of probabilities; game theory is more appropriate 

Free trade deals were going to be so easy.

"Britain needs to accept higher levels of immigration from India if it hopes to sign a free trade deal after Brexit, a senior Indian diplomat has warned."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-latest-britain-india-immigrants-accept-more-free-trade-deal-diplomat-warning-yk-sinha-a8073516.html

• Like 2

10 hours ago, aright said:

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit as said by those incapable of its proper application and who as a result  suffer from it a lot.  :smile:

Grouse is your typical Remainer , just says everyone else is wrong if you do not agree with them , just like the left and all the snowflakes ,just let them whine on ,they lost ,just cant accept it and get on with their lives .

• Like 1

A touch of reality.

"Irish foreign minister Simon Coveney said on Friday it was difficult to see how border checks could be avoided if the UK quit the EU’s customs union and single market, leading to “regulatory divergence” between the North and the Republic."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-latest-news-theresa-may-eu-talks-10-days-improve-offer-deadline-date-a8074791.html

And a touch of fantasy.

"A No 10 spokesman told reporters on Friday that the UK continued to look for “an innovative way forward” on the issue."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-latest-news-theresa-may-eu-talks-10-days-improve-offer-deadline-date-a8074791.html

7 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

Grouse is your typical Remainer , just says everyone else is wrong if you do not agree with them , just like the left and all the snowflakes ,just let them whine on ,they lost ,just cant accept it and get on with their lives .

Of course there is no possibility that some may have realised a lot earlier than others.

"After speaking to the judge, Irish officials recorded: “This process is going to go on for some time and . . . his hope was that it would gradually dawn on people what leaving actually entailed, that there might be a slow realisation that this was a great mistake and the mood might swing back to remaining [in the EU].”

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-latest-news-uk-judge-european-court-justice-ministers-leave-eu-ian-forrester-brussels-a8074451.html

It looks to me like the UK is leaving just in time:Eurozone Data Point to Strengthening Recovery 

The eurozone economy appears to have gained fresh momentum as 2017 draws to a close, led by a revival in France.

The fresh acceleration bodes well for next year, and suggests the $10 trillion economy may again partner the U.S. in supporting a stronger global expansion.

Data firm IHS Markit on Thursday said its composite Purchasing Managers Index for the eurozone—based on survey responses from 5,000 manufacturers and service providers—rose to 57.5 in November from 56.0 in October, reaching its highest level in more than 6½ years. A reading above 50.0 signals an expansion in activity.

http://www.cetusnews.com/business/Eurozone-Data-Point-to-Strengthening-Recovery.ryWBGWmVxG.html

Remember just last year the British pols and press contantly saying the Euro was finished , France was finished, the continent was overrun with refugees blah blah.....  

The reality is very different, the Eurozone and European Union is generally a very prosperous place to be with many powerhouse countries and regions like Germany and France and Scandinavia and France and Ireland and Holland flying, Poland and Romania booming, Spain and Greece recovering and the envy of much of the world.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-eurozone-economy-pmi/euro-zone-business-roars-as-germany-leads-the-pride-idUSKBN1DN10N

Eurozone roars ahead.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

• Like 1