Car registration problem

Grubster

To renew your tax you only need the blue book.  No proof of address or ID.  Anyone can pay the road tax.  If with an agent, you will get a slip of paper showing that's it's being processed.  The Land Transport Office will issue the new tax in the same visit.

Edited by HHTel

7 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Will have more luck taking the blue book rather than a log book.

The blue book is the vehicles registration log book.

http://infofile.pcd.go.th/air/DIESEL2_Vehicle Registration and Inspection.pdf?CFID=2464039&CFTOKEN=55056628

The Thailand registration system relies on a log book which is tied to the vehicle or motorcycle. 

Oh dear yet more language semantics confusion.

In the Uk the registration book (sheet of paper) is commonly called "the log book" but it is not used to log where the vehicle has been when on temporary number plates ( don't use them in UK) its used in the same manner as the blue/green book here except it doesn't record tax payments
So doesn't get full up in fact any change to the "log book "
Needs to be done by sending it to DVLA and a new updated book sent back to the owner.
Similarly "registration" is not about vehicle road tax (tax disc/square) or the number plates (the outside not chassis/engine numbers) attached to the vehicle.

Do not drive your car without valid 3rd party insurance, unless you are a multi millionare.

You can be sued for plenty in the unfortunate case of an accident involving 3rd party

Sorry, if you were, the comprehensive insurance company would have taken care of all this 

16 hours ago, MYKTHEMIN said:

it is called road tax not registration, it can be done at any of the business's displaying the blue gear inside a yellow background and can be done any where in Thailand not just where you live

What type of Businesses might have this? Are we talking 7 11s or?, I do have #1 insurance paid up. All Government offices are closed today, Could I do it inside Big C or Robinson's maybe? Actually I won't care if only a 2 or 4 hundred baht fine.

3 hours ago, Grubster said:

What type of Businesses might have this? Are we talking 7 11s or?, I do have #1 insurance paid up. All Government offices are closed today, Could I do it inside Big C or Robinson's maybe? Actually I won't care if only a 2 or 4 hundred baht fine.

The DLT won't fine you for applying late, the payments are backdated anyway.

The only risk you have is of being stopped and fined for no road tax.

Actually there are agents and centres approved by the DLT who can do the legwork for you.

Drop of your log book, pay the tax and insurance premium + 50 baht fee, then return next day to pick up the documents.

My local centre is located in a PTT garage. Saves time waiting around at the DLT office.

Can't remember the name, but I'll post when I do.

1 minute ago, Faz said:

Actually there are agents and centres approved by the DLT who can do the legwork for you.

Drop of your log book, pay the tax and insurance premium + 50 baht fee, then return next day to pick up the documents.

My local centre is located in a PTT garage. Saves time waiting around at the DLT office.

Thanks Faz but I can't get it done today anyway so I will be illegal for my two day golf trip as there will not be time to deal with it. I have been told it is only a 200 baht fine so no problem. There is very little waiting involved at the Sakon Nakhon Office to get one.

31 minutes ago, Grubster said:

Thanks Faz but I can't get it done today anyway so I will be illegal for my two day golf trip as there will not be time to deal with it. I have been told it is only a 200 baht fine so no problem. There is very little waiting involved at the Sakon Nakhon Office to get one.

I paid 500 Baht fine last year. Didn't realize a whole year has passed already.

6 minutes ago, maximillian said:

I paid 500 Baht fine last year. Didn't realize a whole year has passed already.

Sorry to here that but I'll have to deal with it I guess. I will put my lady on the phone with the cop, she's really good at beating them down.

Business displaying this sign - with Thai characters in the middle - can do vehicle inspection- if required - and you can pay Government insurance and renew Road Tax through them. You and the vehicle do not need to go to the DLTcar-.jpg

18 hours ago, Faz said:

That is not quite true, the DLT will fine you for paying your road tax late but it's not a huge amount. The previous owner of our pickup paid the road tax three months late in 2011 and had to pay a fine of 145.56 Baht on a 4.852.00 Baht road tax (so a fine of 1% per month). It's all registered in the blue book.

Sophon

Edited by Sophon

16 minutes ago, Sophon said:

That is not quite true, the DLT will fine you for paying your road tax late but it's not a huge amount. The previous owner of our pickup paid the road tax three months late in 2011 and had to pay a fine of 145.56 Baht on a 4.852.00 Baht road tax (so a fine of 1% per month). It's all registered in the blue book.

Sophon

Ah! 3 months late is a different situation.

The OP will only be a couple of days late. I know my DLT office give a months grace on late payments.