New requirements for Non Immi O visa - Perth Consulate

Greetings gang

I usually get my Non - Immi O (based on marriage) visa when I go back to Oz to visit friends and family.

Has always been a relatively easy process.

Have been reading on here lately that the powers that be would prefer people to be on An Extension of Stay

rather than keep getting multiple visas.

I contacted the Consulate who advised that all of the Non Immi visas are now subject to approval

from the Royal Thai Embassy in Canberra. This will add a few days for the approval process.

Was also advised that they (Embassy) require a minimum bank balance of AUD$32,000.00, copies of your
last 3 months pay slips, and a letter from your employer stating your position, salary and length of employment.

If you don't have payslips, evidence of property ownership in Thailand, or evidence of on-going retirement income
is required.

In my case, if I have to provide all of this further documentation, I'd be better off applying for an extension of Stay,
which I guess it what they want.

Anyway, I assume the other Oz Consulates will follow suit if they haven't already.

Just a heads-up really.

I don't think the embassy requires any financial proof. I suspect that is something the honorary consulate wants.

They don't show any financial requirement on the embassy website. After selecting your nationality you can find the info here. http://canberra.thaiembassy.org/Home/visa

Perhaps easier to apply by mail to the embassy.

Edit: I think they told you the financial requirements for retirement. The 32,000 AUD number comes out to over 837k baht at today's exchange rate. Perhaps they thought you wanted a multiple entry based upon being 50 or over.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I don't think the embassy requires any financial proof. I suspect that is something the honorary consulate wants.

They don't show any financial requirement on the embassy website. After selecting your nationality you can find the info here. http://canberra.thaiembassy.org/Home/visa

Edit: I think they told you the financial requirements for retirement. The 32,000 AUD number comes out to over 837k baht at today's exchange rate. Perhaps they thought you wanted a multiple entry based upon being 50 or over.

You're probably right about the the consulate wanting the financial proof mate.

But I specifically told them that I was talking about a visa based on marriage and that's the figure they provided.

Like I said, for me, if I'm going to have to provide the new documentation they asked for, I might as well do it from here

via an extension.

Edit: As Perth only have visa pick up's on Thursdays, it probably pushes it to a two week turnaround, unless like you said,

you apply straight to the embassy.

Edited by Will27

The one year extension is a good option. No need for border runs and worrying about getting a new visa every year. I am on my 9th one based upon marriage.

You could also get the multiple entry non-o in Savannakhet with no financial proof.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The one year extension is a good option. No need for border runs and worrying about getting a new visa every year. I am on my 9th one based upon marriage.

You could also get the multiple entry non-o in Savannakhet with no financial proof.

Thanks mate.

Extension sounds like the way to go.

I take it you get a Stat Dec for income verification at either Bkk or when they do an outreach at Chiang Mai?

It might be worth it to take a trip to the Canberry Thai consulate or call/email them and just inquire about a non-imm based on being married to thai national.  If they still give you bs requirements.  Might be easier to obtain the multiple non-o visa from a neighbor consulate, such as from Penang or Savannakhet.

I suppose even if you had to pay the local immigration office extra 2-3k baht for 'express' processing, it might be easier than the new requirements at your country's Thai embassy.

• Like 1

I was in Perth Consulate this morning ..
This is my first go at this , so I maybe misinformed.
Have just spent 4 yrs in Philippines, and decided on a move to Thailand .
Based on what I think I have read on here. I asked to apply for a Non Immigrant O .. to enter the country, and then to do an extension , based on retirement.
Was told , can't do this, must ring Canberra Embassy and apply for Retirement through them.
Tried to have a calm and informed discussion around this, but to no avail regardless of the research I thought I had done.
Basically the message was, apply for tourist visa or contact Canberra.

I'm qualified on age and financially.
Have a flight booked for December 12 .

Do I have to do an O - E from Canberra , Inc medical and police certificates etc ?

Bit confused !

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tapatalk

The honorary consulates are not allowed to issue single entry non-o visas based upon retirement. It has been that way for some time now.
You have the choice of getting a OA visa form Canberra or the official consulate in Sydney. Or you could get a tourist visa and do a change of visa status at immigration to get a non immigrant visa (category O) entry that you could then extend.

Thanks .. appreciate your reply .

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tapatalk

Hello Gents,

I specifically applied for the Non Immigrant O visa (multi entry)based on marriage at Perth consulate last Week. Passport was ready for collection Thursday with approved Visa. It suited me as I was in Perth on business for a week. The visa Had to be approved through the Canberra Embassy as it was a multiple entry type . If you provide pay slips and a letter from your employer, bank balance is not so important.  The staff were very nice and very helpful in my case and suggested that I would be welcome to renew there next year. It was very easy . I'll probably extend in thailand however. The Canberra embassy will want the same documents I think. They want to know that the right people with the means to support their families and themself are visiting Thailand.

Cheers,

Mitch

18 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Hello Joe

While on the subject. How do you go about getting a one year extension based on marriage if I already have a non im O multiple from Savannakhet  

4 minutes ago, melovethai said:

Hello Joe

While on the subject. How do you go about getting a one year extension based on marriage if I already have a non im O multiple from Savannakhet  

You can apply for the extension during the last 30 days of any 90 day entries from your visa. You do not have to wait for your visa to expire.

You will need 400k baht in a Thai bank in your name only for 2 months or proof of 40k baht income.

18 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Ye,s but enjoy immigration visits and other non stop stupid questions that they will ask you...

It is very ridiculous to make any extension to avoid leaving the country 4 times a year...

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

You can apply for the extension during the last 30 days of any 90 day entries from your visa. You do not have to wait for your visa to expire.

You will need 400k baht in a Thai bank in your name only for 2 months or proof of 40k baht income.

Thank you Joe much appreciated. where do i need to go to apply and what documents do i need. Does this also allow me to leave and return freely if i need to travel. cheers 

4 minutes ago, melovethai said:

Thank you Joe much appreciated. where do i need to go to apply and what documents do i need. Does this also allow me to leave and return freely if i need to travel. cheers 

You apply for it at your local immigration office.

When you have your extension stamp you will need to apply for a multiple re-entry permit (3800 baht) or a single re-entry permit (1000 baht) if you want to travel.

A general list of required documents and etc follows.

Unless you are applying at Bangkok you will need 2 sets of copies attached to 2 TM7 application.forms.

Proof of 400k baht in the bank for 2 months by way of a letter from your bank and your bank book.or 40k baht income.proven by a income letter from your embassy.

Copies of your passport photo page and every page that has any stamp or visa for Thailand on it. Copy of TM6 departure card.

Marriage certificate and a updated Kor Ror 2 marriage registry (Kor Ror 22 for foreign marriages)

Copies of your wife's house book registry and ID card.

Photos of you and your wife in and around the house. One must show you both with the house number shown in it. The number of photos needed varies by office.

Map to your residence from the nearest main road or street.

Proof of residence if not living where your wife's house book is for.

Some offices may want witnesses when you apply.

Had the same experience in Melbourne on 14th Oct. The boss told me the rules had changed and could be submitted in Melb but had to be approved by Canberra. This was done electronically so only 2 day turn around (delayed 2 days because of current events). Had to supply bank statements and a letter from my wife. For the previous 20 occasions her presence at the consulate was enough. Having a yellow book helped.

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You apply for it at your local immigration office.

When you have your extension stamp you will need to apply for a multiple re-entry permit (3800 baht) or a single re-entry permit (1000 baht) if you want to travel.

A general list of required documents and etc follows.

Unless you are applying at Bangkok you will need 2 sets of copies attached to 2 TM7 application.forms.

Proof of 400k baht in the bank for 2 months by way of a letter from your bank and your bank book.or 40k baht income.proven by a income letter from your embassy.

Copies of your passport photo page and every page that has any stamp or visa for Thailand on it. Copy of TM6 departure card.

Marriage certificate and a updated Kor Ror 2 marriage registry (Kor Ror 22 for foreign marriages)

Copies of your wife's house book registry and ID card.

Photos of you and your wife in and around the house. One must show you both with the house number shown in it. The number of photos needed varies by office.

Map to your residence from the nearest main road or street.

Proof of residence if not living where your wife's house book is for.

Some offices may want witnesses when you apply.

Thank you Joe Much appreciated.

19 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes correct who ever told you you need 32000 should be terminated  This is wrong. You only need your wife's info and a letter from her stating your relationship is valid and current. And your passport details and lease or property ownership.papers. All docs signed by you and your wife.

19 hours ago, Will27 said:

You're probably right about the the consulate wanting the financial proof mate.

But I specifically told them that I was talking about a visa based on marriage and that's the figure they provided.

Like I said, for me, if I'm going to have to provide the new documentation they asked for, I might as well do it from here

via an extension.

Edit: As Perth only have visa pick up's on Thursdays, it probably pushes it to a two week turnaround, unless like you said,

you apply straight to the embassy.

Yes forget listening to Perth there stupid  and do not know what there talking about. Nothing has changed. I myself are going through IMO and there horrid exstension system. lt is a joke. 1st time last time. They obviously do not like us marrying Thais. Digital hub I do not think so. Dark ages 

21 minutes ago, Lazybones said:

Had the same experience in Melbourne on 14th Oct. The boss told me the rules had changed and could be submitted in Melb but had to be approved by Canberra. This was done electronically so only 2 day turn around (delayed 2 days because of current events). Had to supply bank statements and a letter from my wife. For the previous 20 occasions her presence at the consulate was enough. Having a yellow book helped.

Wrong no financial required also your wife was not required. A letter from her is. So I find it hard to believe.

Edited by performance

2 hours ago, performance said:

Yes forget listening to Perth there stupid  and do not know what there talking about. Nothing has changed. I myself are going through IMO and there horrid exstension system. lt is a joke. 1st time last time. They obviously do not like us marrying Thais. Digital hub I do not think so. Dark ages 

If the Perth consulate advise that what they want, it's probably best to satisfy them.

An alternative is to apply by mail at the Canberra embassy as advised by ubonjoe.

The people at the consulate are nice people but things are definitely changing.

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I have never had a home visit in the 8+ years I have been on the extensions.

Never any stupid questions.

Have you ever had one or are you listening to nonsense from other people.

I don't like my life being controlled by the need to leave every 90 days and then having to worry about where I will be able to get my next visa and then the trip for it.

Just read this forum more ? So many receive visits and questions, AND you exactly know that this is the rule. You are just lucky that they are too lazy to do it everywhere.

Why worry where to get your next visa ? every 3 months you just go out at any border and comes back, a lot better in my opinion than showing my private life to anyone (don't forget that you told in another post that you also have to submit photos and that they can come to check ANYTIME THEY WANT, so yes, your life is controlled by them if they want, and you control nothing)

Gday all

Iam an Aussie and did a non o visa

there a few months ago being a

born and bred west Australian with

family there it used to be easy to obtain

a multiple entry based on marriage. 

Been married to Thai for 12 years but

They definitely made it more difficult this time. 

• 2 weeks later...

Can Melbourne still do a non-B multiple for marriage since the new rules have been implemented? Seems that they need approval from Canberra now. If yes, please advise additional documents required. If anyone has any recent experience with other consulates (Sydney, Brisbane, Hobart, Adelaide etc.) please let me know. I don't mind getting involved with Canberra directly (seems like there is little other choice available now).

• 2 weeks later...
The honorary consulates are not allowed to issue single entry non-o visas based upon retirement. It has been that way for some time now.
You have the choice of getting a OA visa form Canberra or the official consulate in Sydney. Or you could get a tourist visa and do a change of visa status at immigration to get a non immigrant visa (category O) entry that you could then extend.

Update .. and thank you Joe for your advice .

Eventually decided to go the tourist visa route ..got an METV , as I need to do one quickish trip to philippines before settling in , in thailand. So hopefully after my re entry , will go the change of status , and eventually the extension by way of retirement .

For the METV , they did require ..

Financial statement AUD 8k +
Ongoing ticket .. which was a bit of a bummer as I wasn't really ready to do my Phils ticket .
and ..
Proof of accommodation ..which was also a bummer , because I will initially stay in my daughters home ( not Thai ) , so they're asking for a letter of invitation , plus a photocopy of her house book !
I opted instead to book the cheapest room I could find on Agoda , less than $10 on Kao San Road ( throwaway ) and gave them that as my proof of accommodation.

Thanks again ..Gus

Sent from my SM-T535 using Tapatalk