Huge force expected in Pattaya as Bali Hai clearout approaches

webfact

right now there are still a lot of boats parked up by bali hai, cos i can see that area with binoculars.

about 3 weeks ago the military made them clear the boats parked up on the roadway.

on the 18th there was a visit by a high ranking officer with a party of 35/40 asstd officers/officials etc (by chance i was down there at the time) and they told the boat mob all had to be gone by the end of the month.

some boats were moved that day and others since but there is still a stack left.

the current plan as i understand it is to shift them to soi 11 and 14 jomtien.

there is a launching slope near there but of course they would use more fuel to reach bali hai every day................because there is also a move to ban chinese tour group speed boat pick ups from pattaya beach from nov 1, and make them use bali hai.

note none of the boat trailers have any lights/indicators or brakes other than whatever vehicle is towing them.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

A few more tidbits of info on the Posts website. Seems this is being done for the navy for next year.

next year, november, there is to be an ASEAN countries naval shindig in pattaya bay and the navy want the current boat park for that event

Whoa.. While it's good plan to reclaim that area,  redirecting all launches to the middle of Jomtien Beach is just crazy! Just launching all the boats and reclaiming them every day will aesthetically destroy the beach road..

Not to mention all the vehicles and their boat trailers with non-existent brake lights coming and going back to "home port"...  Traffic meltdown twice a day for a considerable length of time.

Well done.

The Police and military went there 3 weeks ago and cleared out the boats and told them not to come back. I was there a week after and all the boats were back and the lot was full of boats. No place for a car to park. This will keep happening until they start towing away the boats and get into the pockets of the boat owners. They are mafia and hard headed and will be back as soon as the heat is off. Simple solution is put a guard police or military and have them monitor the lot on a Daly/nightly basis. This is so simple to remedy why they not do is what you and I know-deep pockets payments. If you think the boat owners are going to move down to south Jomtien, wrong. They will park the boats all over the streets until the police/military make them move again Start with a guard at the entry ways-so simple

On 10/28/2016 at 8:11 PM, samsingsong said:

Fantastic news! I gave up driving from downtown Pattaya, to Pratumnak Hill in daytime, via  Bali Hai and that coast road, as the guys on tractors towing the boats seem so aggressive! They just drive straight at you, and leave boats all over the place so you can't pass. Got into a difficult situation along there a couple of times and decided it wasn't worth the risk.

That road with its fancy railings and lighting, and with such a view of Pattaya Bay and city, should be a major tourist attraction, but it's just a puddled & pot-holed mess. 

When I first came to Pattaya that area was a sandy beach I would sunbath and swim at.

10 hours ago, PattayaParent said:

Isn't that robotic car park supposed to be able to accommodate boats?

No  the boats where supposed to go to the never opened "marina"

22 minutes ago, BoonToong said:

There has been a dredger in Jomtien bay for a couple of days now. Looks like they are clearing a channel. That is serious intent from someone.

Dredging for sand to dump at the northern end of Pattaya beach ?

or maybe Americans have decided to revive the  R+R park the battleship in Pattaya bay and need a bit deeper water.

18 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

I believe it was suppose to be a private marina, but the break water wasn't high enough and several boats were damaged and sunk during a storm. Anybody know more about this?

Everything I have read points to it being a Pattaya City project the entrance sign agrees.

IMG_20161005_114714.jpg

19 hours ago, impulse said:

I wonder if anyone sees the $$$ opportunity in a stackable storage option?

Image result

Someone did impulse.

There seems to be an idea to use the fully automated parking for speedboats....unfortunately, the sizes of the average speedboats exceeds the maximum size for cars.  

From this afternoon.

Basically all clear.

Just a "little bit" to cleanup :tongue:

No soldiers around.

On the last picture you see the cleanup order signed by a "3rd grade general" (pon tri) on the right (billboard).

(exact title/name is in the news part)

I made a couple more pictures but don't want to clutter too much.

20161101_161200.jpg

20161101_161154.jpg

20161101_161157.jpg

20161101_161209.jpg

Edited by KhunBENQ

I am now sitting on a balcony between soi 4 and soi 5. At least 40 boats moored along the beach and in two more rows. None yesterday. Engine revving has not stopped since 3pm. The army has just swatted the hornets nest and spread the swarm across the length of the beach.

The army only knows how to swing a big stick, not actually come up with a comprehensive solution to a complex problem.

10 hours ago, brucec64 said:

I am now sitting on a balcony between soi 4 and soi 5. At least 40 boats moored along the beach and in two more rows. None yesterday. Engine revving has not stopped since 3pm. The army has just swatted the hornets nest and spread the swarm across the length of the beach.

The army only knows how to swing a big stick, not actually come up with a comprehensive solution to a complex problem.

soi 4 and 5 in jomtien?(sorry but it wasn't too clear for me)

9 minutes ago, striderman said:

he must mean pattaya bay there must have been between 80/100 at anchor the other afternoon quite late on.

there would not normally be any

sounds like a cat-and-mouse-game between army/mafia boat operators :smile:

Edited by pattayadude

From this morning.

Good to see that they were busy in cleaning up.

The shacks and rubble in most of the area have been bulldozed.

Only some walls left at one corner.

A lone scrap collector has his day of the year :smile:

bulldoze.jpg

scrap.jpg

Edited by KhunBENQ

report here of the reason for the clear out 

http://manager.co.th/Local/ViewNews.aspx?NewsID=9590000111261

the nice men in green want the area for  "ASEAN International Fleet Review 2017"

Another 575 million baht to be spent on a new "marina"  ( yes another one )

179 million baht to be spent renovating the old " marina"

100 million baht for "reception buildings"

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎29‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 10:00 PM, PattayaParent said:

Isn't that robotic car park supposed to be able to accommodate boats?

On ‎30‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 8:37 AM, johng said:

No  the boats where supposed to go to the never opened "marina"

Thailand’s first automated parking garage is expected to open in November at Bali Hai Pier, offering storage of cars and, eventually, boats.

http://www.pattayamail.com/news/robotic-parking-garage-set-to-open-in-pattaya-next-month-31196