Thailand Live Friday 11 October 2024

3. 174

Why do retirees marry in Thailand ?

4. 73

Foreign Tour Operators Flood Phuket, Taking Jobs from Locals

5. 2

Afghan Man charged with Election day terror plot

6. 1

Double-Ten Retailer Promotions: 10-10 is a Chinese Holiday. So, why is this big DEAL here?

7. 0

93-Year-Old Woman Crawls into Sakae Krang River & is Missing While Daughter Sleeps

8. 25

Pattaya Police Raid Poker Gambling Ring, Arrest 9 Foreign Players

9. 25

Pattaya Police Raid Poker Gambling Ring, Arrest 9 Foreign Players

10. 2

Former Aussie cop’s epic run across Thailand for tsunami victims

11. 7

Thailand triumphs in UN Human Rights council bid

12. 2

Donald Trump’s New Tax Promise: Eliminating Income Taxes for Americans Abroad

Residents advised to be on alert for flash floods as heavy rain continues

rooster59

Residents advised to be on alert for flash floods as heavy rain continues 

Eakkapop Thongtub

1477722629_1-org.jpg

PHUKET: Phuket Vice Governor Theera Anansaereewittaya ordered officials this morning (Oct 29) to be on 24-hour alert and be prepared to handle floods following heavy downpours last night which caused minor havoc across Phuket.

The heavy rain is set to continue today and tomorrow according a Thailand Meteorological Department (TMD) forecast.

Vice Governor Theera arrived at Bangyai Canal this morning to investigate the water level which has increased considerably since recent downpours.

Along with Phuket City Mayor Somjai Suwansuppana, Vice Governor Theera inspected the flooded area in front of Government Savings Bank after reports of the water level increasing at Bangyai Canal.

Vice Governor Theera said he ordered officials to quickly work in the area hasten drainage and to help residents who affected by the flood water.

He also ordered officials to warn residents living high-risk areas to be vigilant in watching for any flash flooding and asked residents to report to officials in case of any emergency.

Heavy rain last night also caused floods in many parts of Phuket Town and also in Patong, where water rundown from the hills regularly contribute floods in the town.

Areas affected by flooding in Phuket Town included Surin Road, Daorung junction and along Chao Fa East Rd – where traffic was stand still temporary in early hours. Villa California, Villa 3 and several other along Chao Fa East Rd were also affected.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/residents-advised-to-be-on-alert-for-flash-floods-as-heavy-rain-continues-59639.php#UV0ZkgtGDtOrHgSV.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2016-10-30

wow !! water levels on the canal increasing, due to heavy rains, go to the top of the class, and a bit late for sorting the drainage out, try doing that sometime in the other 10 months when we have no rain. yep and leaving it to the poor old suffering residents once again

that is the aftermath of the water rushing through, the soi, i can never understand why these scooter riders do not seek higher dry land.i was in Pattaya last year, heavy rain all night, i was in digs at the bottom of a steep soi, and sure enough there were about a dozen scooters with water up the the riders seat, only had to ride the bike to the top of the soi, yep only in thailand

58 minutes ago, mercman24 said:

that is the aftermath of the water rushing through, the soi, i can never understand why these scooter riders do not seek higher dry land.i was in Pattaya last year, heavy rain all night, i was in digs at the bottom of a steep soi, and sure enough there were about a dozen scooters with water up the the riders seat, only had to ride the bike to the top of the soi, yep only in thailand

People had no idea there would be a flash flood in the wee small hours. 

4 hours ago, mercman24 said:

Its all about "luck" and nothing more. Just like when my English friends say " unlucky " when I miss a putt two feet right and ten feet long. Nice gesture but far from truth. I once worked with a guy who put his fireplace ashes in a cardboard box in the garage burning his house down. Then a week later he parked his truck running with his four year old sitting in the front seat who put it in gear luckily only smashing into another parked car. He told the story the next day and our boss said "man you are having a run of bad luck" I couldn't resist saying that there is a fine line between luck and stupidity. Sorry I just had to tell it.