British teacher found dead in Myanmar

webfact

British teacher found dead in Myanmar

YANGON: -- A British man believed to be a teacher has been found dead in Myanmar.

In a statement seen by the BBC, his wife said he had been out drinking with another man in the city of Yangon on Friday night before his death.

The Foreign Office said it was investigating the death of a British national and was providing support to the victim's family.

News agency AFP quoted police as saying the dead man was a 47-year-old who had suffered wounds to his head and chest.

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-37889518

bbc_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright BBC 2016-11-07

1 hour ago, phantomfiddler said:

Why don,t they just say "British teacher found murdered in Burma" ?

Wasn't that the name picked by the British for their colony?  Not necessarily the name used by the locals???

From what I've read, neither Burma nor Myanmar are acceptable to the entire population.  Quite the debate.

Dead man is Gary Ferguson and they are looking for his friend and drinking partner Harris Binotti.  Ferguson was found dead in Binotti's apartment and he is believed to have fled to Bangkok.  Details have been passed to the Thai police.  The source for this information is The Times in the UK.

Dead man is Gary Ferguson ...

Nope, not me.  And RIP to the deceased.  I hope the authorities can find out what caused Gary to lose his life - the rapid departure of his teaching colleague seems a tad suspicious.

The suspect photo of the man on the run has been published by The Guardian . You can read more about it there, with interviews of his neighbors . 

Harris Binotti . 

732.jpg?w=1225&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&f 

Edited by balo

The suspect photo of the man on the run has been published by The Guardian . You can read more about it there, with interviews of his neighbors . 

Harris Binotti . 
732.jpg?w=1225&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=46f989651749d8c4a50ab833794d8b8a 

Should be easy to spot.

12 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

Wasn't that the name picked by the British for their colony?  Not necessarily the name used by the locals???

From what I've read, neither Burma nor Myanmar are acceptable to the entire population.  Quite the debate.

I usually hear Aung Sang Sushi  using the word "Burma" so if it is good enough for her......

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...