Things, I dont understand, in Thailand

Peterw42

1 hour ago, seancbk said:

Could also be a Chinese 'Business' Partner....  the reply did not specify what type of 'partner'

George is like many people assuming that all guys like Asians women.

I came here because I was head hunted and offered a high salary to relocate from Hong Kong to Thailand.   I lived in HK for 35 years and never once dated or even slept with a Chinese girl.    When I came here I hoped to meet lots of professional Western women working here (as one finds in HK & Singapore and other Asian capitals).  I was pretty surprised to discover Bangkok, despite being the capital has almost no professional expats working in offices.   

I still find it odd that Thailand doesn't encourage foreign companies to open offices here and allow them to bring in expat professionals.   

We're did I say , I think all guys like Asian woman no I said most come here because of the thai woman not all .

and we're in thailand not HK .

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

people who have a difference of opinion on this forum would rather slag each other off than have a discussion about their reasons for the differences of opinion.

ok  ill start........... I cant understand any religious  belief as there is zero evidence.......you may as  well believe in anything at all, god is a jam sandwich is as convincing as what they come up with and  should be as  justly accepted.

1 hour ago, dick dasterdly said:
1 hour ago, seancbk said:

Which ones?  the junior cashier or the 10 year manager?   

Lets not forgot that there must be thousands of 7/11 employees who don't work in actual stores but have executive roles within the company.

I think we're 'talking' about 7/11 cashiers - not those that have executive roles in the franchise.

Sure.  But there will be a manager in each 7/11 who will be on more than 42 baht an hour.  

The manager might be on 55 baht or 60 baht an hour.

1 hour ago, georgemandm said:

We're did I say , I think all guys like Asian woman no I said most come here because of the thai woman not all .

and we're in thailand not HK .

Thai women are Asian women.

If you say 'Most men come here because of the Thai women'  you are implying it is because they are attracted to Asian women and want to have sex with them. 

This is an assumption that does not apply to everyone.   Not everyone comes here to retire, or for a holiday, or to shag loads of Thai women.

What about guys who come here with their families?

What about guys (like me) who don't want a relationship with someone they can't communicate perfectly with?

2 minutes ago, akirasan said:

Also, why Thai mosquitos need to bite you 30-40 times.  Isn't once enough?

If you disturb them mid-feeding, they'll keep biting until they are full, and then rest 2 or 3 days. If you have thick blood they'll need to bite more to fill up.

Taking an aspirin and not disturbing them will cut back on bites LOL.

54 minutes ago, kannot said:

ok  ill start........... I cant understand any religious  belief as there is zero evidence.......you may as  well believe in anything at all, god is a jam sandwich is as convincing as what they come up with and  should be as  justly accepted.

Two thumbs up.  

4 hours ago, BradinAsia said:

"But what I can't stand about man from my country Australia is them baggy my country to make a  excuse to come and live in thailand just all fools."

Is this really English?

Yes to me it is mr English what you are a teacher now more like a ???? ???? 

Ok 

At the end of the day, it takes a couple of years (generally) to realise that the way Westerners think and the way Thais think are entirely different.

Few (very few) are able to get over the social 'norms' in their own country.

Edit - hence the complaining!

Edited by dick dasterdly

3 hours ago, seancbk said:

Anyone on a Carbon Fibre bicycle can afford all the gear that goes with cycling and want to look the part.

Someone on a scooter probably can't even dream of owning a carbon fibre bicycle.

I think you've missed the point I was trying to make...... never mind.

8 minutes ago, seancbk said:

Thai women are Asian women.

If you say 'Most men come here because of the Thai women'  you are implying it is because they are attracted to Asian women and want to have sex with them. 

This is an assumption that does not apply to everyone.   Not everyone comes here to retire, or for a holiday, or to shag loads of Thai women.

What about guys who come here with their families?

What about guys (like me) who don't want a relationship with someone they can't communicate perfectly with?

I can comment on your 4th para.

They're so shocked that that they are suddenly 'hansum man' that they believe it :lol:.

8 hours ago, georgemandm said:

Thanks for that but the visas here are a joke sorry to say .

The visa in to Australia is hard to get yes because every man and his dog want to live there .

But when you are lucky enough to get to live there you are  entitled to everything like we are .

own land work and all of that not like here in thailand.

Yes I will come and see the family here for sure and my friends and thailand is a good country not great but good and I think most Thais are good people but the government needs to get it right to help them out with lots of things .

Yes I love Australia very much because it give me the chance in my life now to have a great retirement .

My lovely mother god rest her sol would always tell me how hard her life was back in Greece with the war and being poor and no food to eat ,so that is why I love my country so much I am very lucky to be an Australian .

With all what and how you wrote in your previous comments, I was pretty sure that you were

an immigrant to OZ.

I mean, a non-English immigrant.

Please forgive me that sarcasm.

Just now, maximillian said:

With all what and how you wrote in your previous comments, I was pretty sure that you were

an immigrant to OZ.

I mean, a non-English immigrant.

Please forgive me that sarcasm.

You tell me what my English  has  got to do with it , are you a other mr English 

read it ok , get sick of people like you who think you are about other people because my English is not as good as what you want it to be .

you are not a better person because you think you are better at English are you , no you are not but you just try to think you are better them other people.

you need to get a life out side of your  Square .

6 hours ago, georgemandm said:

Yes true I am not a book and I not give one s??t what people think about my English , all I care about is my bad English did not get me to become a very rich man I don't  brag much but when someone who has no idea about me try's and put me down because my English is not up to his  level makes me brag how rich I am and I am a very rich man because of hard work and street  smart , being good at English dose not make you  different then me or anyone else dose it .

Poor multi-millionaire sitting in front of his computer arguing with everybody instead of sailing his luxury yacht around the globe.

On 11/17/2016 at 0:45 PM, Peterw42 said:

Westerners who move here fully aware of the property ownership and immigration laws, then complain about them. A bit like buying a house next to the airport then complaining about the planes.

I must take you up a wee bit on this. Westerners who moved here say around ten years ago would maybe find it OK where immigration is concerned, but a lot has been changed since then, and not for the better, also, they would not know that each IO make up their own rules and confuse people.

9 minutes ago, maximillian said:

Poor multi-millionaire sitting in front of his computer arguing with everybody instead of sailing his luxury yacht around the globe.

How did you know I have a boat wort $100,000 

yes I do all of that but in my boat and go fishing and I have fishing  Gear worth over $30,000 , so I most be doing ok .

how can you say poor multi-millionaire , never seen a poor millionaire in my life have you haha .

not have a computer you got that wrong.

the only time I get on TV is when I get to thailand , not like you it is your life because you see I have a life .

you  jealous with your message I would think .

you got it wrong again I not arguing I am tell it how I see it the truth and the truth hurts people like you that put your hole life in to thailand haha.

On 11/17/2016 at 2:21 PM, Don Mega said:

I find it hard to believe 7/11 only pay their staff 120b (the price of a bigmac) per day, where did you get this number from Peterw42 ?

Peter42 was maybe confusing a Big Mac with a hamburgher or beefburger bought in a restaurant, and not a MacDonalds.

4 hours ago, seancbk said:

Does it matter?

Can't you figure out what he's trying to say?

Have you not realised George is NOT a native English speaker? 

I have a lot more respect for George's attempts at writing English than the blokes on here who actually are English and can't punctuate, spell or capitalise their sentences correctly.

Must agree with you Sean. I am also a non-native English speaker trying my best.

Still like to fob George because he is bragging too much about his home country Oz

and being a multi-millionaire.

I have long since stopped trying to even remotely understanding almost anything in Thailand.

Driving; don't understand, given up trying

Law; don't even get me started

Politics; does that even exist???

Nightly 8PM Fantasy Show: really?

Nightly lakorn following Fantasy; shoot me now!

This list is almost endless. The key to surviving in Thailand is a little like watching a Hollywood movie...you suspend disbelief for as long as the movie lasts, or in our case, as long as you want to live here.

Anything less and you might as well check yourself into the nearest lunatic asylum

9 minutes ago, maximillian said:
4 hours ago, seancbk said:

Does it matter?

Can't you figure out what he's trying to say?

Have you not realised George is NOT a native English speaker? 

I have a lot more respect for George's attempts at writing English than the blokes on here who actually are English and can't punctuate, spell or capitalise their sentences correctly.

Must agree with you Sean. I am also a non-native English speaker trying my best.

Still like to fob George because he is bragging too much about his home country Oz

and being a multi-millionaire.

The biggest problem with the chat back and forth between George and a few other members is that neither party really understands what the other has been trying to say.

George is getting defensive and his posts are getting even more confusing!

2 hours ago, kannot said:

i have a difference of opinion to a few of my friends on religion. i enjoy discussing their beliefs. i find it makes for interesting bar stool chatter.

12 minutes ago, seancbk said:

The biggest problem with the chat back and forth between George and a few other members is that neither party really understands what the other has been trying to say.

George is getting defensive and his posts are getting even more confusing!

You're so right again.

On 11/17/2016 at 2:21 PM, Don Mega said:

I find it hard to believe 7/11 only pay their staff 120b (the price of a bigmac) per day, where did you get this number from Peterw42 ?

Peter42 was maybe confusing a Big Mac with a hamburgher or beefburger bought in a restaurant, and not a MacDonalds.

20 hours ago, bluesofa said:

There's a song about that.... I tried to post a link, but I see the video seems to have embedded itself in the post. Sorry, that wasn't what I had intended to do, hope it's OK?

What about this?