greatest film

meatboy

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, roo860 said:
2 hours ago, giddyup said:
Arnies too old for the part now, hard to think of a tall current actor that would be suitable.
[/quot]

Liam Neesan? 6 feet plus.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

Yeah, Liam would have been a better choice, but he's no spring chicken either.

21 hours ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

The last Samurai.I totally agree.in my opinion the best thing that Tom Cruise did. Now, in his grown up years, Reacher is a great character.

I think Cruise is a darn good actor. I'd say it is no mistake Newman, Nicholson, Scorsese and many other excellent actors and directors worked with him from the mid 1980s thru the 1990s.

I also would point out the early 2000s as a period he made some very good films.. This includes Vanilla Sky, Collateral, Minority Report and The Last Samurai.

7 hours ago, akdraw said:

Many already mentioned that I consider outstanding here are a couple to add to the list.

"Three Days of The Condor" and "Marathon Man"

Yep, Three Days of The Condor. I'd completely forgotten that. 

Robert Redford played the part well.

4 minutes ago, meatboy said:

BEN HUR is mine but what about the CHARIOT RACE.how many times did you jump out of your chair.CHARLTON HESTON at his best.

and yes i did cry when he went to see his mother who was a leper in the cave.

Didn't Charlton Heston study at the Easter Island school of acting?

On 11/27/2016 at 8:15 AM, Ramen087 said:

I think Cruise is a darn good actor. I'd say it is no mistake Newman, Nicholson, Scorsese and many other excellent actors and directors worked with him from the mid 1980s thru the 1990s.

I also would point out the early 2000s as a period he made some very good films.. This includes Vanilla Sky, Collateral, Minority Report and The Last Samurai.

Cruise doesn't get enough credit for his body of work.  Probably because of his weird off-screen persona (sometimes) and that whole Scientology thing.  But the guy's done some memorable stuff.  Along with the movies you've mentioned, I'd include Color of Money, Interview with a Vampire, Mission Impossible(s), etc.  I think his best work was Born on the Fourth of July. 

4 minutes ago, Ramen087 said:

Berk...  I agree 100%. He was nominated for an Oscar for his portrayal of Kovic. Also for his supporting role in Magnolia.  Wish he would get back to similar roles as opposed to his recent concentration on action oriented efforts.  

Yeap, this is the scene.  Powerful stuff....