90 day at Phuket immigration today

phuketjock

21 hours ago, madmax2 said:

Was the new certificate of residence required because you had travelled overseas

2 hours ago, Badrabbit said:

Why do I need to 're register my address when I have lived at the same address for the last 5 yrs, I left the country in Jan and didn't 're register, next 90 day was fine, now immigration say yes you must 're register after my recent 're entry last month. Why??

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I too have gone nowhere since 2011 and also do not know why they are asking for this now,

the io just said next report I would need a new certificate of residence????

2 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

But the question is .... did the hotel really register you onto Immigration data base.

Over the years I have stayed in Thai hotels without any annual Phuket Immigration hassle. Couple of years ago we stayed up in Chiang Mai and for sure that hotel register me. My next annual extension was rejected as I was registered as staying in Chiang Mai. Just the luck of the draw ..

Yes, I agree its the luck of the draw.  I went to CM late last year and the hotel took copy of my PP on registration.  After coming back to Phuket, I went to immigration to re-register my address (no change) as required.  IO said no change of address on database.  A wasted trip to immigration.

• Like 2

I have just returned from a trip to Australia, i will report as usual when next due in January and take the necessary forms with me to re register my address if required

I put my address on the re entry form which is the same as my registered address, worse thing that can happen is to be fined 2,000 baht i think

11 minutes ago, stevenl said:

If staying in hotels in Thailand, simply have your wife do the registration. Can make life easier.

Valid idea. Another trick is to use old passport with different passport number.

I have never tried, but I guess some hotels would accept drivers licence as identification. Not sure how sophisticated the immigration it-system is, but I guess they mainly map the passport number & nationality together?

1 hour ago, oilinki said:

Valid idea. Another trick is to use old passport with different passport number.

I have never tried, but I guess some hotels would accept drivers licence as identification. Not sure how sophisticated the immigration it-system is, but I guess they mainly map the passport number & nationality together?

I use my driving licence with the old passport number- never had a problem. Mind you I never stay in anything more upmarket than 3* or guesthouses. 

I asked at the land Transport Office if I needed to update the licence with the new passport number and was told I could wait til my next renewal.

On Wednesday, November 01, 2017 at 11:55 PM, Old Croc said:

The gf did my report today. She copped the same guy who harassed her last time about me not reporting in person. He gave only 12 days that time and she had to later go to a different officer to get the full 90 days. This guy again asked questions about why I wasn't present, and seemed to be going to stuff her around again, but in the end relented and gave the full period.

Here's a thought: get your gf to take a photo of you showing your house number. That might get some understanding and/or sympathy from the IO.

I went for my 90-day reporting at Phuket Imm this afternoon.  The downstairs office have been renovated.  The place is now much bigger with more seats.  The previous space outside Room101 have all been enclosed and air-coned.  My reporting was completed in 5 minutes.  One expat next to me was asking the IO whether the online reporting is working again.  The IO just smiled and said there were too many disruption and hopefully will work smoothly in 2018.  Probably new year resolution.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Kopitiam said:

The downstairs office have been renovated.  The place is now much bigger with more seats.  The previous space outside Room101 have all been enclosed and air-coned.

Yea I've been there on Wednesday and saw this too. It's much better now and has room for more people. The only issue I saw was that the counters were missing signs with their numbers now. Only "Counter 2" had a sign. The place also wasn't super crowded so I got very efficient service. The IO even had a little chit chat about big bikes with me. Nice experience for a change.

• Like 1

On 3.11.2017 at 5:38 PM, oilinki said:

but I guess some hotels would accept drivers licence as identification

This works perfectly. I always use my DL, when checking in at the airport, hotel, or whereever. They always love the thai writing of my address on the rear side. And yes, it carries still the old passport number ;-)

• Like 1