What sort of People do you Beware of?

NoshowJones

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well maybe one of the joys of living in Thailand is that -- except for Immigration -- I don't really have to deal with anybody if I don't want to. And, based upon what I read on this website, there are lots of non-Thais I would prefer not to deal with if I ever met them but luckily for me (and maybe, they would say, also for them) I don't meet them.

16 hours ago, jobsworth said:

i am amazed that none of you seem to be aware of the vast operation being conducted by ICE against white people in the thailand. have you never noticed the many little groups of middle aged australian ladies pretending to be tourists and clutching their mobile telephones while they take photos of the suspicious white people. they are on the beach, in the restaurants, in the bars and outside the hotels. often they will be accompanied by a child or two from an orphanage or a thai lady ex bar girl. the lurkers on this forum will certainly know what i am talking about.

Interesting.  So what else does that imaginary voice in your head say? 

2 minutes ago, davidst01 said:

any farang that are trying to befriend you. once I had a young dutch guy trying to be friends with me. as soon as he started suggesting I invest in his business and i kept saying no he ended the friendship....

I have standard response that doesn't include saying "no". All you do, the moment the topic comes up, is say "Funny you should mention that. I was just about to ask if you'd be interested in investing in my commodity futures trading scheme"

19 hours ago, jobsworth said:

i am amazed that none of you seem to be aware of the vast operation being conducted by ICE against white people in the thailand. have you never noticed the many little groups of middle aged australian ladies pretending to be tourists and clutching their mobile telephones while they take photos of the suspicious white people. they are on the beach, in the restaurants, in the bars and outside the hotels. often they will be accompanied by a child or two from an orphanage or a thai lady ex bar girl. the lurkers on this forum will certainly know what i am talking about.

I have no idea whether you are serious or not, either way this is the post of the week!

The middle-aged Australian women conspiracy theory, I love it :cheesy:

We've had this one before,and quite recently.

But i dont remember if Possum started it last time.

So i will simply repeat what i said before.

Q 'What people (do?) you beware of.

A.People like you, that try to get info from people like me,about whom i would be wary. It sounds too much like a scammer doing his/her home work before picking the mark's.Like those types who come up to you in the high street,when all you want to do is get home,and say,"excuse me would you mind answering a few questions please"Then its "Are you employed,how much do you earn,do you own your own house.Now look at these pictures of the leading high street banks and tell us are you with one of them?" its so tedious.

So once again, i would beware of you.:coffee1:

16 hours ago, kannot said:

U mean Thais?

Not just Thais.  Some of the farang men are equally as bad.  They talk one thing to your face, while they're brown nosing the wives and gf's of the group.

As an example, if someone dies and it's not clear cut why, then it automatically snaps into being either HIV or Lao Khao.  If asked to substantiate that then they don't know where it arose, or who told them, or even continue the subject.

7 hours ago, bandito said:

People who are always complaining about how Thailand is running the country.

Also people who are always complaining about the Thai traffic,  ...... me off.

Life must be a real Pis*er Offer for you. Accept the diversity in people. Rant and rave a bit but do it with a big smile. 

23 hours ago, possum1931 said:

People have tried to get me to drink alcohol all my adult life without success, the stuff smells revolting to me, so no chance of a test run.

You and the Donald would get.along just fine.

17 hours ago, pgrahmm said:

Yeah - we're a straight forward/talking  bunch......

We'd probably make some folks nervous --> their problem not ours....

Most folks, including most non Americans (I've found) are pretty easy to get along with.....

Yes, though a lot will depend on your attitude to them, I always try to treat people the way I would

want them to treat me.

16 hours ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

Guy's like you,who are trying to get info about what guys we should be wary of.take your survey and stick it where the sun dont shine baby.

Are you referring to  me? I am only trying to have a bit of fun, there is no need to be nasty about it. 

Edited by possum1931
Made an adjustment.

Possum 1931

Possum my dear,you must read it the way you see fit.You must not get all fired up over words on a screen,after all,thats all they are.I dont like to upset you,i suggest you take another tamazapam,check your blood pressure and relax in a soft,cosy chair for an hour.I wont change my mind about what i said.I have been here a long time and having had 2 bars in Patts,i know exactly who the people are to beware of i dont know what your pedigree is here,but if know your way round these parts,you certainly wouldnt go round asking people who they would beware of,it would make you look and sound like an absolute Noob.Anyway,dont take it all so seriously,i'm only having fun too.Now,i have to go,i have some paint to watch drying.:wub::kiss01: