GF asking money for cleaning room:)

forseo

Hello.
I live together with my Thai girlfriend about 3 years, she doesn't work, just sit at home, I working alone. All 3 years she not so cared about cleaning apartment, but I very asked everytime to keep apartment clean. She cleared apartment, but anyway was mostly dirty. I'm not crazy about cleanness, but I do not like when room like a big rubbish bin, with dirt everywhere.
One week ago I joked how about to pay some room cleaning service. She asked to pay to she for room cleaning, 4000 baht every month. I agreed, just for interesting what will happen. And mirracle, she started to clear rooms)) So I paid first time today. I hoped that she just joked too, but no...) So now I do not really know what to do.
What do u think about that??

--- sorry fo my english

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do men get involved with ladies with no job and even less ambition in life ? yes...I guess she is pretty and all that but really just sits around for the past 3 years ? You guys need a reality check. A relationship works better if both parties are independent. if one or the other leaves the bills can still be paid. She has no option except to have you pay the bills, sad for her and even sadder for you.

forseo ... sorry guy, but she sounds like a very lazy girl with no real pride in her house. "Slob" is a good word.

Stop paying her immediately. Put an advert on the apartment building Notice Board, or tell everyone in the building.

"Cleaner wanted 2hrs twice weekly. Apartment 123. Wage 300 baht per week."

I'm sure you will have plenty of ladies knocking on your door for the job. Cleaning an apartment is not a big chore for many Thai women. Some lucky girl will be grateful to earn 300 baht each week as a little casual job, and I bet she'll do a great job of it. And .... it's a big saving on the 4000 baht you're giving your girlfriend.

I'm curious, how has your girlfriend survived 3 years with no job and no personal spending money before you started giving her 4000 baht ?

Edited by electric

Yeah, i am not understanding the not cleaning thing.  I don't know of a Thai girl that does not clean the house if they they don't work.  We have three kids, my wife looks the kids cleans the house, makes a garden and is as happy as she can be.  Something is wrong with this woman.

i doubt she's asking money to clean the room per se…..she needs money to get on with daily personal expenses…id be uncomfortable having a gf and paying her to be a maid….why not encourage her to find a job…even if its a 7-11 cashier job?

1 hour ago, jimmyyy said:

Yeah, i am not understanding the not cleaning thing.  I don't know of a Thai girl that does not clean the house if they they don't work.  We have three kids, my wife looks the kids cleans the house, makes a garden and is as happy as she can be.  Something is wrong with this woman.

I do my two useless step daughters. one reason i moved 500 miles to get a safe distance from them. I am sure when i visit next the house will once again look like a bomb went off. They win the award for the laziest Thais in Thailand.

10 hours ago, tonray said:

Why do men get involved with ladies with no job and even less ambition in life ? yes...I guess she is pretty and all that but really just sits around for the past 3 years ? You guys need a reality check. A relationship works better if both parties are independent. if one or the other leaves the bills can still be paid. She has no option except to have you pay the bills, sad for her and even sadder for you.

i doubt she is pretty..........................

I must be lucky, or living in a parallel universe.

Over the years I've had several Asian girlfriends, Korean (3), Malaysian-Chinese (1), Thai (2, one of which is now my wife). All have been obsessed with cleaning. Even a one-night stand I had (Malay lady in KL) was up and cleaning before I surfaced on the Sunday after the Saturday night, evidently trying to impress even after being bounced around the bedroom any and every way possible (plus some) :tongue:

I'm happy now to pay for a lady to help my wife, after 12 years of wedded bliss she deserves it despite the fact that they spend most of the two days a week I pay for gassing.

If she stays with you full time and doesn't work, you need to support her, giving her a few thousand for being a housewife doesn't sound that far removed from what husbands in the West used to do in the mid 1900's and well beyond.

46 minutes ago, Crossy said:

I must be lucky, or living in a parallel universe.

Over the years I've had several Asian girlfriends, Korean (3), Malaysian-Chinese (1), Thai (2, one of which is now my wife). All have been obsessed with cleaning. Even a one-night stand I had (Malay lady in KL) was up and cleaning before I surfaced on the Sunday after the Saturday night, evidently trying to impress even after being bounced around the bedroom any and every way possible (plus some) :tongue:

I'm happy now to pay for a lady to help my wife, after 12 years of wedded bliss she deserves it despite the fact that they spend most of the two days a week I pay for gassing.

bloody hell Crossy ......were you doing a  "world  tour"

3 hours ago, chiang mai said:

If she stays with you full time and doesn't work, you need to support her, giving her a few thousand for being a housewife doesn't sound that far removed from what husbands in the West used to do in the mid 1900's and well beyond.

I think that's the main point.

a - normally, you wouldn't expect the man in a relationship to be paying the woman to clean their home, especially if she has no job or other responsibilities.

but b - if the guy has decided to live together with this woman as a couple, and she has no income, then it's kind of incumbent on him to do one of two things, either

1. help her get out and find a paying job to help support herself and the guy, or

2. if not that, give her some monthly spending money for her personal needs while she sits at home.