Christmas Day Lunch on the Darkside

ROBINPATTAYA

8 hours ago, Upnotover said:

Well, Suggestions are advertising it, also The Loft and Mediterranean Resort.  No doubt many others if they can find the turkeys.

Due to the many recent arrivals to Pattaya from the Siberian/Soviet areas turkeys are now in plentiful supply however,as most of these are elderly birds careful basting is needed..........:huh:

2 hours ago, Upnotover said:

Well, Suggestions are advertising it, also The Loft and Mediterranean Resort.  No doubt many others if they can find the turkeys.

There is a Thai ban on uncooked turkeys from the USA since an outbreak of HPAI last year.  There is a separate ban on uncooked poultry from Australia.

What may be available is imported cooked boneless turkey or small and not very good tasting Thai turkeys.

Thanks for suggestions to date.

The Loft, had a bad meal experience there & the owner showed little or no regard.

The Mediterranean has very nice food but the premises are looking run down & unappealing now.

The Swiss is an option, will pop around & check out their menu.

Suggestion is always highly recommended by friends so another option.

Thanks again.

2 hours ago, OMGImInPattaya said:

I also see that Aroi Pub on Nong Kraborg is doing a special set Christmas Day menu...about 1000 pp...if you fancy a fancy meal. Can check their FB or website for menu.

Good call. Never had a bad meal or experience there and they have the added bonus of parking.

On 12/3/2016 at 8:09 AM, OMGImInPattaya said:

I would second The Loft by Maprachan Lake, Murphys Pub on NPW, or Livv at the top of Khow Talo. Also, the garden setting of Swiss Paradise Restaurant near Wat Suttawas is nice. Four choices for you . 

I would think that Murphy's Irish Pub will have a Christmas dinner since they have other special meals. BTW, it's on Khao Noi. 

On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 8:09 AM, OMGImInPattaya said:

I would second The Loft by Maprachan Lake, Murphys Pub on NPW, or Livv at the top of Khow Talo. Also, the garden setting of Swiss Paradise Restaurant near Wat Suttawas is nice. Four choices for you . 

Just a note that the Swiss Paradise Restaurant is closed, we went there last night but all in darkness.

Just had a very nice Sunday roast at the old Chill Bar (they have a new name which I've forgotten) on Nern Plubwan, and they do a 3 course Xmas lunch with turkey as the main and a complimentary glass of red for 550 baht.

57 minutes ago, ROBINPATTAYA said:

Just a note that the Swiss Paradise Restaurant is closed, we went there last night but all in darkness.

That's sad to hear...if permanent...but I could see it coming. I think they lived off the winter influx of European snowbirds and I think their numbers have been down significantly since the whole economic meltdown and Euro debt crisis of 2008. The owner was also getting on in years and may have decided to hang up his chef's hat.

You could check with Tocino nearby to see if they're doing anything special for Christmas...again a garden setting.

Also, The Courtyard on soi Nongpru near Siam Country Club may have something going.

Edited by OMGImInPattaya

2 minutes ago, OMGImInPattaya said:

That's sad to hear...if permanent...but I could see it coming. I think they lived off the winter influx of European snowbirds and I think their numbers have been down significantly since the whole economic meltdown and Euro debt crisis of 2008. The owner was also getting on in years and may have decided to hang up his chef's hat.

You could check with Tocino nearby to see if they're doing anything special for Christmas...again a garden setting.

Also, The Courtyard on soi Nongpru near Siam Country Club may have something going.

Since my post earlier today I have seen it for sale with East Coast Real Estate.

Owning a restaurant is a tough gig, marginally less than owning a bar I think.

• 1 year later...