Criticism Prompts Govt Rethink Of Workout Wednesday

webfact

Criticism Prompts Govt Rethink Of Workout Wednesday

By Teeranai Charuvastra, Staff Reporter -

201611301704572-20061002145931.jpg

Junta chairman Prayuth Chan-ocha joins an exercise session on Wednesday with other officials at Government House in Bangkok.

BANGKOK — Ninety minutes of mandatory weekly exercise imposed by junta chairman Prayuth Chan-ocha on all bureaucrats nationwide has been moved to a later time, apparently to ward off criticism that officials were forced to drop their work to comply.

Instead of starting at 3:30pm, the one-hour workout will start at 4:30pm every Wednesday, Interior Affairs Ministry ordered all provincial governors on Thursday. Each agency must also leave at least “one or two” officials on duty in case the public needs services, the new order mandated.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2016/12/02/criticism-prompts-govt-rethink-workout-wednesday/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2016-12-02

If the workday ends at 1630 will the word ' mandatory ' be changed to ' voluntary ' since the officials will then be off  duty or will the voluntary aspect be the kind that can't be refused ?

Perhaps a kind and generous junta will be authorising O/T payments.

52 minutes ago, NongKhaiKid said:

If the workday ends at 1630 will the word ' mandatory ' be changed to ' voluntary ' since the officials will then be off  duty or will the voluntary aspect be the kind that can't be refused ?

Perhaps a kind and generous junta will be authorising O/T payments.

I can see many staff having headaches and leaving at 4 pm.

"...Each agency must also leave at least 'one or two' officials on duty in case the public needs services, the new order mandated..."

These are the lucky ones !!! 

Regardless, it hard to see how a skeleton crew is going to satisfy the public needs. 

27 minutes ago, waldroj said:

"...Each agency must also leave at least 'one or two' officials on duty in case the public needs services, the new order mandated..."

These are the lucky ones !!! 

Regardless, it hard to see how a skeleton crew is going to satisfy the public needs. 

No, not lucky.they are the fat ones. I wouldn't have thought much work was done between 3.30 and 4.30 anyway

4 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

And said Government officials are going to collect kids from school etc at 4:30 how?
Honestly, nobody's paying attention to him anymore, even the most fervent whistle blowers from a couple of years back have gone deaf to it all.

Sent from my twisted mind using Thaivisa Connect

I almost feel sorry for him too - A military 'strongman' incapable of even arresting one troublesome monk these days and now so devoid of reasons to justify his existence as to be reduced to this, but I dare venture no further.

That said, who wouldn't want to be a fly on the wall in the highest corridors of power this Friday....?

BANGKOK — Ninety minutes of mandatory weekly exercise imposed by junta chairman Prayuth Chan-ocha

At least they correctly label him junta chairman in this brief

I always cringe when I see some reports call him PM Prayuth

Prime Minister =  the head of an elected government; the principal minister of a sovereign or state.

He is NOT the  Prime Minister of Thailand

Edited by mania

Ninety minutes of hard workout in the sweltering afternoon heat, for a bunch of desk jockeys who've never previously exercised, and are very appreciative of their cushy line of work that allows them to sit down so much.

Hopefully they remembered to keep a fleet of ambulances on standby at the side of the field... 

Its a good initiative and positive of Prayuth to encourage more exercise among officials, hopefully it will rub off on the population as a whole.

My one question would be why can they not exercise before or after work like the rest of the working population.