Extension of stay DENIED.

6 hours ago, FredNL said:

I'm not married as most of the TV members with a bar girl from Isan !!!

Having a long term relationship with another well educated. I am not giving more info about my personal life than needed, on this forum (loaded with real time criminals and other <deleted>) 

Point proved you are lying. waste of space

On ‎02‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 3:43 PM, FredNL said:

I know that there must be a reason. 

It was NOT mentioned to me nor my wife nor our lawyer.

She had  a conversation with our lawyer with one of the highest ranking officers at Immigration at Chaeng Wattana (Government complex) today.

What might have been the reason is that they didn't like the passport picture added to the application. 

I never had a problem, I always let my wife do the talking. I only sit and smile...

should have talked yourself and ask for the reason. might have been doesn't count

On ‎02‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 3:47 PM, FredNL said:

I am having several business overhere. 

I could also have applied for a business visa as I had till 2014.

But this needs way more paper work than a NON-O based on Thai Wife. 

Also having my working permit based on a NON-O Thai Wife.

I don't need to stay in Thailand to secure myself of an income. The only thing that I am (still) here is my wife.

your work permit is based on a job, not your wife

On ‎04‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 1:09 AM, FredNL said:

Already for 2 years this court case gets postponed and postponed, delayed, postponed and postponed, then justice department doesn't show up, or the files aren't there, or the suspects, etc. etc.... Talking big money here!

And for all those others. I don't have a criminal record !
What I do have is a Thai wife (with a Dr. degree and so do I)

So what are you? A witness, a victim? What is the case about, personal, business? Or was it still your shirt?

17 minutes ago, thai3 said:

There has been no proof at all that anything the op has claimed is not true. What has been proved is that there are many cynical types on here who have a very rosy view of Thailand and immigration officials.

It really hasnt been proved that there are cynical types on TV . The general consensus is that there is more to this story that what has been told , which, quite clearly there is .

It is extremely unusual, practically unheard of for a person to be taken from a visa extension application to an airport and sent home .

It really isnt being cynical , its being practical .

The OP is quite clearly not telling the full story

• Like 2

It really hasnt been proved that there are cynical types on TV . The general consensus is that there is more to this story that what has been told , which, quite clearly there is .
   It is extremely unusual, practically unheard of for a person to be taken from a visa extension application to an airport and sent home .

Even stronger, he was there to collect the passport after the one month under consideration period.

Sent from my ROBBY using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

14 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Really- i'm calling BS on this, there's more to this story than meets the eye, this is a wind up, it never happened to me therefore it can't be true etc etc. Seems pretty cynical to me

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

no you thought it was your t-shirt

No kidding.  Damn, the OP is so dirty I have to wash my hands after reading the first 2 pages.  Either that or it's all a huge wind-up/troll post.  I think the former is more likely--he's done some really dodgy stuff, and he's slowly oozing out the details as this thread goes on.  "Orange shirt" indeed.  "Oh, and I run a few businesses in Thailand---who doesn't?"  "Oh, and by the way, I'm involved in a lawsuit."  Either way, now that I've read the last few pages, I'm off to take a shower.

On 2016-12-02 at 10:11 AM, ubonjoe said:

There is no business visa. He had a non-o and/or an extension of stay based upon marriage and a work permit according to one of his posts. That makes it legal for him to work if he has a work permit for all of his businesses

I have heard that you can not get a work permit based on a NON-O visa. Was that information incorrect?

3 minutes ago, Get Real said:

I have heard that you can not get a work permit based on a NON-O visa. Was that information incorrect?

You can get a work permit while holding an O visa, I have had many. However some labour offices do refuse or are unaware that you can and won't issue one.

I've never had a problem in the Rayong/Chonburi areas.

• Like 1

Dear FredNL:

I read thru your postings criticizing people here, e.g., guys who marry bar girls from Ihsan, and that you have advanced degrees.

I have found people here to be genuinely trying to help, and in many cases, going well out of their way. 

You have such an over-the-top obnoxious response to people trying to help you.  If you feel that way about others, then why come here at all?  

I have advanced degrees ... not clear to me, however, that you also have advanced degrees given the grammar you use when posting. 

To the other TV members, I certainly thank you and appreciate you all for the numerous advice and tips you give for living here.   Thank you to Ubonjoe and all the other folks like him here.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

BOI can get difficult

A good few years ago they insisted I change from an O. Memory tells me they gave me a visa valid for 2 years plus, which I thought was a mistake but is normal if it's a new company. 

I believe they can issue a 3 year visa. 

Edited by overherebc
Adding

49 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Immigration does not keep the passport during the under consideration period. You go back with your passport and get the extension stamp done.

Ok, formulation mistake. He was there to get the final approval for his extension of stay after having done the application and received the under consideration stamp 30 days earlier.

17 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

I thought extensions had to be done every year, not every two years. Am I missing something? 

If working for a BOI company or a government enterprise a 2 year extension can be issued.

On 12/2/2016 at 0:31 AM, FredNL said:

There was no reason for denying the extension at all. 

It is at the discretion of the immigration officer. 

My wife has done some research and probably it was the passport photograph that was included with the application. I was wearing an orange t-shirt. They said to my wife that it looked like a prison shirt. That might have been the reason.

Passport photo with an orange t-shirt??? That sure didn't help. Was it really that difficult to put on a white shirt for the few minutes it takes to make a passport photo? 

• Confused 1

On 12/2/2016 at 3:35 PM, steve187 said:

get a fresh non imm 'o' multi entry and bypass the extension process for a while.

married extensions are approved by Bangkok

It depends where you live who approves marriage extensions, I live in Roi Et and marriage extns are sent to and approved by Khorat.

So what this has turned into is this guy bashing and accusing all westerners of being both criminals or married to a bar girl and tends to believe that he is the almighty and better than the rest of us. I will put my and my wife's assets up against yours and your wife's any day of the week pal. Now I think it's time you go pound some sand.

On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 5:16 PM, stevenl said:

It has to be extension related IMO. Also note he was not blacklisted.

not having read the whole thread this sounds like the IO asked his wife a question possibly about work and she unwittingly gave the wrong answer, something like - how does your husband earn money - wife - he has 3 businesses here and after looking and seeing previous work permits they deemed him to be working without the correct visa...........bye bye, go get the right visa in your home country and come back

remember he was applying for an extension of stay based on marriage or retirement and he still owns businesses in Thailand - the IO joined the dots and assumed he was working which is probably the correct conclusion

Edited by smedly

30 minutes ago, smedly said:

not having read the whole thread this sounds like the IO asked his wife a question possibly about work and she unwittingly gave the wrong answer, something like - how does your husband earn money - wife - he has 3 businesses here and after looking and seeing previous work permits they deemed him to be working without the correct visa...........bye bye, go get the right visa in your home country and come back

remember he was applying for an extension of stay based on marriage or retirement and he still owns businesses in Thailand - the IO joined the dots and assumed he was working which is probably the correct conclusion

That is probably the most accurate post so far.