Thai Police Probe American Tourists Claims of Attempted Rape and Kidnapping by Man in Police Uniform

webfact

47 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Why on earth would you be so dedicated on researching photos, news stories, relatives, and comments on the "family cleaning up the gofund me campaign"??

You've 4 posts to your name, and yet for some reason you've dedicated your time to this incident???

Could you please enlighten me how my thaivisa posts mileage should dictate my interest and willingness to comment on this accident or any other accident, and why are you dedicating your time to discuss this instead of contributing to the story discussion itself?

Edited by SicTransit

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The dismal reputation of the RTP preceeds them to the point I absolutely believe this woman, and also have no doubt that the 'policeman' is a bona fide member of the RTP.

I also know that any investigation will go nowhere and that the RTP will cast aspersions on the young ladies' character and try to claim the perp was a fake cop.

Thanks to the internet, the true character of Thailand is being outed.

http://gofraudme.com/tell-fake-gofundme-page-real-one/
Is this real or fake?
Imo, the different accounts given by family members is subject to suspicion.
Night club, Yaba, lost the plot, jumped out of a window, scurrying around in the bushes off her t.i.t 's.
Paranoid at the airport, called mum "They're after me, I'm being watched by the men in brown", Mission, gofundme, noyer head visits the us embassy. They can see she's a junkie and tell her to sling her hook. She tells Daddy a wild story. In come the dollars. Plane ticket, facebooking, bs, family got their junkie home, free and without losing face. Thailand's reputation takes a hit.

Is this real or fake?
Night club, Yaba, lost the plot, jumped out of a window, scurrying around in the bushes off her t.i.t 's.
Paranoid at the airport, called mum "They're after me, I'm being watched by the men in brown", Mission, gofundme, noyer head visits the us embassy. They can see she's a junkie and tell her to sling her hook. She tells Daddy a wild story. In come the dollars. Plane ticket, facebooking, bs, family got their junkie home, free and without losing face. Thailand's reputation takes a hit.

Fair comment

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

So  if your daughter got on the phone to you stateside and described what happened last night, what would your advice be?

You can't really expect anything in here in respect of sympathy. it's not even in the realms of a virgin territory (empathy) that certain members could mull over to think about before giving their views since the mindset is already set in concrete. It gets tough once the post gets hijacked and absurdity rears it's ugly head.

Just saying' after a few Christmas sherries lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Too many inconsistencies with this story.

She suddenly felt ill and tired and remembered no more until she woke up in a room tied up. But in the video Fox report it reports she was taken away in a van with tinted windows. What happened to her friend who had alleged gone to the restroom? Did her friend not go looking for her when she came out of the restroom and the girl was not there?

After she managed to escape why did she not contact her friend to explain what happened and ask her friend to go to a police station and make a report with her? As surely her friend is still a witness being on the scene at the time and may have seen something that could have identified the abductors.

Doesn`t make sense.

Edited by cyberfarang

Woman reunited with family after escaping abduction in Thailand

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WXMI) -– Alex Fairfield, who claimed to be drugged, kidnapped, and bound by her hands while vacationing in Thailand, has safely made it back to her family in West Michigan.

Fairfield landed at 1:54 p.m. at Gerald R. Ford airport. She and her family had contacted the U.S. Embassy in Thailand about the attack. The embassy confirms it had contact with the family.

They said they cannot confirm or deny that the attack happened, but did help her move to a different hotel under an alias.

Full story: http://www.aol.com/article/news/2016/12/08/woman-reunited-with-family-after-escaping-abduction-in-thailand/21623397/

-- AOL news 2016-12-09

14 hours ago, SicTransit said:

I've spent a sizeable amount of time in the past few days researching this story. This makes me feel qualified to state the facts, or rather the absense of them

14 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

Why on earth would you be so dedicated on researching photos, news stories, relatives, and comments on the "family cleaning up the gofund me campaign"??

You've 4 posts to your name, and yet for some reason you've dedicated your time to this incident???

That is what gives this women more credability, when our troll brigade starts making new handles to jump in to discredit ... Hey there must be something to her story after all.

Mind you the fact that 95% of TV posters think she is a flake also lends a credibility to her tale of woe.  :thumbsup:   just based on past TV witch hunts.

Edited by LomSak27

On 12/8/2016 at 7:18 AM, chiang mai said:

The police are doing their job, which part of them investigating the incident is unclear!

I never said to trust Thai police same as any elsewhere, I said she had obvious options that she didn't use and that the story has huge unexplained gaps.

Of course it has unexplained gaps. The news source didn't give her account, minute by minute. We don't know how far she ran from the balcony to the bushes where she hid. We don't know where the taxi took her, whether she found her friend Joe, or whether she had a ticket home. The rapists didn't pursue her? Maybe they didn't want to attract attention to their crime. Maybe they did pursue and couldn't find her because she ran like hell to some bushes 300 meters away.

Reserve judgment until you have some facts. I have a 26-year-old daughter. Have some empathy.

1 minute ago, LawrenceN said:

Of course it has unexplained gaps. The news source didn't give her account, minute by minute. We don't know how far she ran from the balcony to the bushes where she hid. We don't know where the taxi took her, whether she found her friend Joe, or whether she had a ticket home. The rapists didn't pursue her? Maybe they didn't want to attract attention to their crime. Maybe they did pursue and couldn't find her because she ran like hell to some bushes 300 meters away.

Reserve judgment until you have some facts. I have a 26-year-old daughter. Have some empathy.

I have!

"The police are doing their job, which part of them investigating the incident is unclear".

I checked into a hotel on Soi Six Pattaya and then the bar girls kept a sking for short time and a week later I don't have any money for food. I am hungry and I think the police have something to do with these bars that took all my money. Not sure. I am setting up my gofundme account now. Hope I can get back home to Hua Hin.

16 minutes ago, macca1962 said:

Thankful she is safe, no matter if you believe her or not. Just remember she is 26 and has a family that must have been beside themself. My daughter is 23 and travelling through central america for the next 6 months

My daughter got mugged and iPhone taken  and had backpack with another iPhone stolen in Costa Rica, tell her to be careful

The story has way too many gaps in it to ascertain the truth. If this is her first trip to Thailand- and she says a man in uniform was responsible- how can she be sure this was a policeman. I doubt a first time visitor to Thailand would be able to tell the difference between a police uniform; a military uniform or a security guard.   Too many gaps and frankly while there are bizarre things that can happen in Thailand, this story lacks much credibility.

My daughter got mugged and iPhone taken  and had backpack with another iPhone stolen in Costa Rica, tell her to be careful

Friend of mine, her son travelled around south America, left his fancy iPhone at home, bought a cheap 2nd hand Android, sensible lad. He listened to advice, for once.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

Thai police are full of the slopy crap. The besthing that's taken place is exposing the Thai police. 

Holding a lady in a country against her will is a job for Trump and the UN. Accountable are the officers involved and anyone of the high rank to stop her leaving the airport. 

Even better sack all these rotten misfits and there's a old saying. Cut the head off the snake.

On 12/8/2016 at 7:56 PM, Wilsonandson said:

Is this real or fake?

I want to apologise for this post. I have no idea whether she is lieing or telling the truth. After reading of another tourist being raped recently I hope that this girls allegations are fully investigated by the police.

On 12/9/2016 at 1:25 AM, cyberfarang said:

She suddenly felt ill and tired and remembered no more until she woke up in a room tied up. But in the video Fox report it reports she was taken away in a van with tinted windows.

Gigantic holes all thru this story.

On 8.12.2016 at 6:57 AM, thai3 said:

Bound up but managed to jump out the window and hide in bushes for 6 hours, sounds like a fantasy.

If you ever been in a situation that you have to fear for your life, then you would know what a person is aible to do under such conditions. yes, its like a movie, but its real. Your adrenalin goes up as crazy and time is running like ten times faster.

8 minutes ago, Rob13 said:

Gigantic holes all thru this story.

Yer... sort of like post traumatic stress blocks things out of your mind... it's a natural way for your body/ mind to cope, much like other instinctive behaviors, like fight or flight

im sure a lot more holes will be filled, as she recovers and gets psych treatment

It just sounds so convenient for her: "Attempted rape, but not rape, so not as serious and no evidence . A person in a Police uniform, so She didnt want to go to the Police . Being able to escape from the ropes without getting any rope burns .

Being able to fend of her attacker whilst being tied up .

Not going to the Police even after being advised to by her Embassy .

Hiding in bushes for six hours waiting for a taxi , most people would run into the nearest 7/11 .

She conveniently leaves Thailand and thus not having to face scrutiny about her claims .

This story just doesnt seem to ring true .

I can't think of a single reason that a women would tell the world that she had been abducted, and suffered an attempted rape, knowing that from America, there would be no prosecution of the crime.

10,000 dollars?... nope... that doesn't cut it, in my mind... 100,000 maybe, if fox paid her to make a story up... but expose yourself to this, for ten k... not likely, especially given that due to a perceived shame, most rapes go unreported.

its a hell of a stretch to consider that she fabricated this type of crime, just to have an adventure travel story to tell the folks back home

1 hour ago, farcanell said:

Yer... sort of like post traumatic stress blocks things out of your mind... it's a natural way for your body/ mind to cope, much like other instinctive behaviors, like fight or flight

im sure a lot more holes will be filled, as she recovers and gets psych treatment

Wonder what whe'll do with the 10 grand she got our of caring contributors?  Somehow I doubt it's going to therapy.

19 minutes ago, farcanell said:

I can't think of a single reason that a women would tell the world that she had been abducted, and suffered an attempted rape, knowing that from America, there would be no prosecution of the crime.

10,000 dollars?... nope... that doesn't cut it, in my mind... 100,000 maybe, if fox paid her to make a story up... but expose yourself to this, for ten k... not likely, especially given that due to a perceived shame, most rapes go unreported.

its a hell of a stretch to consider that she fabricated this type of crime, just to have an adventure travel story to tell the folks back home

She hadnt been in Thailand for very long , maybe she told everyone back in the USA that she was going to travel and work herself around the World .

Maybe she got homesick and wanted to go home . Instead of sheepishly asking her parents and friends for the air flight home, she concocted a fanciful story about being kidnapped . I am not stating that that is the case, just stating that there are possible reasons .

She must have been low on funds to have to start a gofund me page . How much is a one way flight from BKK to USA ? $500 ?

You also claim that she would want to tell the world that she got raped because of the perceived shame , where as in fact she didnt tell the World that she got raped . 

9 minutes ago, sanemax said:

She hadnt been in Thailand for very long , maybe she told everyone back in the USA that she was going to travel and work herself around the World .

Maybe she got homesick and wanted to go home . Instead of sheepishly asking her parents and friends for the air flight home, she concocted a fanciful story about being kidnapped . I am not stating that that is the case, just stating that there are possible reasons .

She must have been low on funds to have to start a gofund me page . How much is a one way flight from BKK to USA ? $500 ?

You also claim that she would want to tell the world that she got raped because of the perceived shame , where as in fact she didnt tell the World that she got raped . 

You have reading and comprehension problems.

i said attempted rape in paragraph one

i also said... most rapes go unreported due to the perceived shame.

slow down and take the time to digest what people are saying.

1 minute ago, farcanell said:

You have reading and comprehension problems.

i said attempted rape in paragraph one

i also said... most rapes go unreported due to the perceived shame.

slow down and take the time to digest what people are saying.

What does the "unreported rapes going unreported" have to do with this story ? 

A rape didnt occur in this story, so I dont know why you are bringing that into the equation