Inquiry about being blacklisted in Thailand

Hi,

I am new to this site and I hope I could gain information regarding blacklisting system in Thailand.

I had a relationship with an Indian guy who married a Thai woman (marriage is only in Buddhist ceremony, as the Indian guy is still married in India). I found out about it and sent an email to the Thai lady and sent photos of me and my then boyfriend.

There were phone calls made between me and the Thai woman and the Indian guy said that they already called the police, I don't know for what reason. It all happened in December of 2010 and the relationship ended the same month.

I am from the Philippines and have never been to Thailand. Next year, I will be going to Myanmar for a brief vacation and I will enter through Thailand and stayed there overnight (going and coming back), since there are no direct flights to Myanmar.

My question is, is it possible that my ex boyfriend and her Thai gf had me blacklisted and for what grounds? I am worried and being paranoid. I know its been almost 6 years but I just remembered what my ex said about calling the police when I sent the woman an email and had a phone conversation with her in 2010. They have no knowledge about my passport details since I only acquired my first passport on January of 2011 and already traveled to two Asian countries in 2015 and 2016.

Indian guy is not a resident in Thailand.

Lastly, is it possible to blacklist someone without a copy of their passport, because I have never been to Thailand? Or file a case in Thailand without any personal information of that person except for their name? 

Hope you could assist me with my inquiry. Thank you in advance.

Technically, it could be possible to blacklist someone who has never been in Thailand, and without passport details. However, it would be extremely difficult. Generally, you will only be on a blacklist if convicted of a crime in Thailand. I think you can safely assume that you are not on any blacklist.

• Like 1

I'm kind of intrigued by the Indian guy that has a wife at home, a wife in Thailand and apparently one in every port of call.

BTW, this is an object lesson to any married guy considering an Asian lady on the side.  They will call the wife back home if they can find the number.  Or, even sneakier, they'll send the wife a Christmas or birthday gift, thanking them for taking such good care of him while he's back home.  Ask me how I know...  (Spoiler- I haven't been married since long before I came to Asia)

Edited by impulse

1 hour ago, BritTim said:

Technically, it could be possible to blacklist someone who has never been in Thailand, and without passport details. However, it would be extremely difficult. Generally, you will only be on a blacklist if convicted of a crime in Thailand. I think you can safely assume that you are not on any blacklist.

Thanks for your reply. Is availing a firm to verify if I am blacklisted would cost a lot? I have found an online service dealing with this matter, but not sure if it's legit.

http://www.thailandblacklistcheck.com/

• Like 1

If you have never been to Thailand you cannot be blacklisted, you would only be blacklisted (it would not actually be called that) if you were deemed a threat to national security, I hardly think a love triangle falls into that bracket

Unless the Thai lady worked for the Police or Immigration or had friends that worked there how would she be able to get you denied entry? 

If you are still paranoid then contact http://www.thaivisaservice.com/ to check if you are blacklisted, they are cheaper than the rest

The only reasons to be "blacklisted" without having been to Thailand before, is to be on some international watchlist for terrorism, are a fugitive from justice in your country or are a high profile political activist, who is considered a threat to national security.

None of the above seems to be the case. So I would bet my bottom dollar that you are okay to enter Thailand.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, darrendsd said:

If you have never been to Thailand you cannot be blacklisted, you would only be blacklisted (it would not actually be called that) if you were deemed a threat to national security, I hardly think a love triangle falls into that bracket

Unless the Thai lady worked for the Police or Immigration or had friends that worked there how would she be able to get you denied entry? 

If you are still paranoid then contact http://www.thaivisaservice.com/ to check if you are blacklisted, they are cheaper than the rest

Thank you for your reply. It's a big help.

1 hour ago, fstarbkk said:

The only reasons to be "blacklisted" without having been to Thailand before, is to be on some international watchlist for terrorism, are a fugitive from justice in your country or are a high profile political activist, who is considered a threat to national security.

None of the above seems to be the case. So I would bet my bottom dollar that you are okay to enter Thailand.

Thanks for your reply.

58 minutes ago, Gwapofarmer said:

Already tried the blacklist check. They never replied to my email...

I did get a reply from www.thailandblacklistcheck.com:

Thank you for the email. Yes, it is definitely possible that you were blacklisted as a result of a police investigation into you. Usually this is how blacklists begin - from police warrants. 

I do not want to scare you, but it will be a big problem if you are blacklisted and you try to enter Thailand. They will arrest you and you will be forced to pay bail. Being arrested at the airport or rejected from entering Thailand is a very expensive and inconvenient thing to happen. 

For us to know for sure, we will have to check the following: 

1. Central immigration at Suan Phlu. 

2. Local immigration offices at international airports. 

3. Local immigration offices at land border crossings. 

4. Court records. 

5. Police records. 

If you are interested in a proposal for these services, please reply to this email, and we will send you one. 

2 hours ago, BiscuitzBiscuitz said:

I did get a reply from www.thailandblacklistcheck.com:

Thank you for the email. Yes, it is definitely possible that you were blacklisted as a result of a police investigation into you. Usually this is how blacklists begin - from police warrants. 

I do not want to scare you, but it will be a big problem if you are blacklisted and you try to enter Thailand. They will arrest you and you will be forced to pay bail. Being arrested at the airport or rejected from entering Thailand is a very expensive and inconvenient thing to happen. 

For us to know for sure, we will have to check the following: 

1. Central immigration at Suan Phlu. 

2. Local immigration offices at international airports. 

3. Local immigration offices at land border crossings. 

4. Court records. 

5. Police records. 

If you are interested in a proposal for these services, please reply to this email, and we will send you one. 

Some people may call this 'value adding' by thaiblacklistcheck.  I call It a scam attempt.

Go to Thailand and enjoy yourself.

Edited by F4UCorsair
  • Like 2

Black listing is not easy You either have to have overstayed a visa for a lot of time or committed a crime and they do not want you back in the country.

Your boyfriend and Thai girl would not have been able to do anything to you  with regard to black listing

Just a bunch of bull

I have lived here for more than 15 years 

Not be a worry wart

35 minutes ago, realenglish1 said:

Black listing is not easy You either have to have overstayed a visa for a lot of time or committed a crime and they do not want you back in the country.

Your boyfriend and Thai girl would not have been able to do anything to you  with regard to black listing

Just a bunch of bull

I have lived here for more than 15 years 

Not be a worry wart

Thanks for your reply. I remember the Thai lady has friends in airport security and my ex has the money. 

You are not blacklisted.   That blacklist website is just a company trying to sell a questionable service to the paranoid. 

I've lost track of the number of family and friends who are only married through the Buddhist ceremony (marriage not registered with govt) and over the years I've heard love relationship stories that would make great soap operas.   It's usually a mia noi (number 2 wife) or girlfriend of the month having a fight and making threats to the current mia noi/gf and husband.

The OPs story is really a non-event in Thailand since it happens so much.  You are not blacklisted.   Worry about something else.

9 minutes ago, BiscuitzBiscuitz said:

Thanks for your reply. I remember the Thai lady has friends in airport security and my ex has the money. 

It is common misinformation that a person can be easily be blacklisted but it is not true. It is not as easy as some people perceive.

You're asking specifically about being "blacklisted," which would mean you were banned from entering Thailand, but at least in theory if someone brought a civil suit or lodged criminal charges against you, you could be detailed.  Although what you did was vindictive I doubt it rose to the level that would merit either a civil suit or criminal charges being made and it would be even more unlikely that you'd be flagged with immigrations anyway.

38 minutes ago, Suradit69 said:

You're asking specifically about being "blacklisted," which would mean you were banned from entering Thailand, but at least in theory if someone brought a civil suit or lodged criminal charges against you, you could be detailed.  Although what you did was vindictive I doubt it rose to the level that would merit either a civil suit or criminal charges being made and it would be even more unlikely that you'd be flagged with immigrations anyway.

I was vindictive and I regret it.

What a carry on...

1. The Thai wife goes to police and says "excuse me, a Philipino was sleeping with my husband. Please blacklist and arrest her. She isnt in the country now though'.

2. This guy sounds like class. Well done.

3. If you are still worried then you are a nutcase, and find another route not through Thailand

Edited by paulinbkk111

I agree with the above.

BisquitzBisquitz, you are worrying needlessly.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Thaivisa Connect mobile app