Ghostly stickers banned by Land Transport Dept.

webfact

Ghostly stickers banned by Land Transport Dept.

By Coconuts Bangkok 

ghost3_0.jpg

Screenshot: Taobao

BANGKOK: -- The Department of Land Transport has warned Thai netizens not to put up the ghostly stickers seen on Chinese social media because they may scare the living hell out of other motorists and cause an accident.

In response to the popular ghostly window decals, which are meant to curb high beam flashers, the Department of Land Transport warned Thai motorists they may be fined up to THB2,000 for “adding a decoration which may lead to physical or mental harm to other motorists.”

The announcement on the Ministry of Transport’s website featured the ghostly decals, which are reportedly invisible during the day and only illuminate when the car behind it has its high beam lights on.   

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2016/12/13/ghostly-stickers-banned-land-transport-dept

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2016-12-14

of  course  all that "Buddhist"  crap  hanging round the mirror  doesnt  cause any problems as  it  doesnt  block the view of the road ahead as Buddhas in control.

I wonder how  many accidents  have been caused by the retards who drive  with high beam permanently on.............doubt  many know what high beam means or where its control is.

Edited by kannot

With all of the genuine scary things you have to deal with on the Thai roads, you would think it would be impossible to frighten any of these drivers.

No fear of death but a pathological fear of ghosts. Very Thai indeed.

Edited by canuckamuck

So the stickers/paintings,flower garlens plastered all over the drivers wind screen and side windows is ok?  

What a bunch of nut jobs...  And I still havent been able to understand the need for 15/20 side mirrors on the trucks???

The transport boy's have a lot more things to worry about than stickers.

The real reason for the ban ,should be that the vision out of

the rear window is impeded,same as having 20 soft toys piled 

up in the rear window,or HGV drivers who think it's OK to have

curtains up in the windscreen,top and bottom so they are looking

through a letter box,but   it keeps the sun out,so that's OK.

regards worgeordie

So the stickers/paintings,flower garlens plastered all over the drivers wind screen and side windows is ok?  
What a bunch of nut jobs...  And I still havent been able to understand the need for 15/20 side mirrors on the trucks???
The transport boy's have a lot more things to worry about than stickers.

They need all those mirrors so that the dozen or so fluorescent Michelin Men stuffed on the dashboard can see to the rear...

1 hour ago, JAS21 said:

I don't see a problem ... it should encourage those with badly adjusted/overloaded at the rear/or high beam lights to fix....

Not unlike the French motorists comments years ago about UK families in overloaded cars on holiday.

They are still searching for enemy planes in the sky etc.

Hmmmm ... so ban a niffty idea to curtail those annoying and almost traffic accident high beamers, because 'they' believe the Ghostly figures may cause an accident ... ? I guess the problem could be; "Hey dear, look at this ... when I put on my high beam these figures appear .... flash, flash, ..... flash, flash .... isn't that good ... flash, flash .... continues"

3 hours ago, edwinchester said:

"....which are reportedly invisible during the day and only illuminate when the car behind it has its high beam lights on."

Hate to let the writer of the OP know but if they look very closely the photo was taken during the day.

But if the photographer used a flash gun or studio lights would that replicate High Beam ?

I've got a army officers hat I bought at a local carboot sale and a box of tissues inside a golden tissue dispenser on top of the back seat of the car. I also found a Thai army badge in silver and attached this to my cars front grill. I can now drive around like I own the place. Head held high , a highly respected motorist.

Edited by tukkytuktuk