2016 POSTER OF THE YEAR POLL - FINAL

Ron19

2016 POSTER OF THE YEAR POLL - FINAL  

364 members have voted

1. 1. Choose and vote for one only. DO NOT CLICK ON " SHOW RESULTS " It will record you as voting but not record your vote.

• transam
    • Naam
    • villagefarang
    • GuestHouse

This poll is closed to new votes

9 minutes ago, Singalongsam said:

Another forum? what are you talking about. Stunning that you are posting so many photos of your wife. What do you think that achieves?

Vote for one , get two.

Like Hilary and Bill only that didn't work out too well.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, if you want to "enjoy" a real train wreck, just hunt up the archive of the 2014 POTY contest.  2015 was marginally better.  This year it's been a real toddle.  No drama here.  Not really.  At least I don't think so .........

(Mr. Bitey assures me he hasn't been opening new accounts with a proxy server.)

Personally, I think 2014 brought out the worst in some members, and with cats being kidnapped and the good name of certain members torn to shreds, the contest could be likened to a Middle Ages slaughter!

1 minute ago, Singalongsam said:

If you loved your wife you wouldn't expose to her to the perverts, sex pats, and trolls on this forum.

If YOUR thoughts have to go that route that is your ploblem, most  other folks just try to live a normal life and have fun........This ol' fella really can protect from anyone without a shooter....Don't worry...:smile:

10 minutes ago, Singalongsam said:

If you loved your wife you wouldn't expose to her to the perverts, sex pats, and trolls on this forum.

Interesting that you see TVF as those things whereas the rest of us see it as expat entertainment, tainted by a handful of tolls, perverts and sexpats, I wonder on that basis which is the naive party (a rhetorical question)..

1 minute ago, sipi said:

Shame it came down to a two horse race in the end.

The other candidates are both worthy.

Last year was two horse in the end.........But EVERY name put forward WAS/IS a worthy winner to that guy/gal who put their name forward....Am sure you and I know that..........WE have had a year of fun, information (posted or PM) to help or disagree with folk...............Me Not being a "yes" man perhaps has just opened eyes, perhaps not, but me being me is important to ME.. 

32 minutes ago, Singalongsam said:

I think if you wish to express yourself like that fine but don't try and say it's the others ........

On 12/27/2016 at 2:49 PM, Naam said:

ze maytchor root content of zee English langwitch is tchermanic wezzer people like it or not.

Siz is oulmoust se saim sing wot sei tould mee add mai skuul wennn ai wous yang.

Edited by lostinisaan

2 minutes ago, StevenAlnwick78 said:

No need to load up any more at 10 votes ahead .

This has been a grotesque farce.

Another newbie pipes up. One whose vote would not count if they tried to vote.

just some observations on POTY 2016 . . . . .

I think that thanks are in order for some.

Ron has done a sterling job as a Mod in this years POTY with a little help from other Mods in the background. With the odd growl and a few barks, Ron has generally kept us in line and done a great guard dog job of keeping the undesirables at bay.
I feel there has also been good work done in the background by others to try and keep the voting as fair as possible.

Guesthouse has been notable by his absence, though I believe there are reasons for that which were mentioned in the distant past of posts.

VillageFarang has been here with quiet aplomb and been able to keep his head above the water without creating too much of a fuss. He deserves our applause for this IMHO.

Naam and Trans have both had their detractors rearing their ugly heads with one particularly nasty incident being swiftly dealt with by the Mods.
Both have run their campaigns quietly without feeling the need for aggression and back biting. Well done to the pair of them for being able to do so.

Generally a much quieter and more peaceful POTY in many ways.

Whoever wins at the end of the day - Congratulations to him.

Unless things have changed, it seems we are into the final 15 minutes. 

I would like to thank all the trolls who through their desperate attempt at control really added to the drama. I feared we wouldn't have any fun at all this year.

I would like to Ask Ron if he can give us a tally of all the banishments from this year so we can compare it to next year's festivities. Happy New Year to all.

Good job all round, especially Ron who put forth a sterling effort and kept his sense of humour throughout.

And if nobody else is going to commit to doing it next year, I'll be happy to kick off/lead an effort to define the parameters and rules for next years POTY.

1 minute ago, chiang mai said:

Good job all round, especially Ron who put forth a sterling effort and kept his sense of humour throughout.

And if nobody else is going to commit to doing it next year, I'll be happy to kick off/lead an effort to define the parameters and rules for next years POTY.

Better you than the last agitator poster to offer to do the job.

I think - as I said above - that ron has done a fine job.

Please make it shorter next year though, whoever does the job!!