2016 POSTER OF THE YEAR POLL - FINAL

Ron19

2016 POSTER OF THE YEAR POLL - FINAL  

364 members have voted

1. 1. Choose and vote for one only. DO NOT CLICK ON " SHOW RESULTS " It will record you as voting but not record your vote.

• transam
    • Naam
    • villagefarang
    • GuestHouse

This poll is closed to new votes

14 minutes ago, chiang mai said:

Under the circumstances, should a draw and joint POTY be awarded, each of the two could have,.....

..wait for it...............

..half a crown. :post-4641-1156694572:

We will have no drawing on joints here....this is Thailand.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wonder how the votes can be rigged. wasn't it decided last year that voters need a minimum of several hundred posts to prevent "new members" voting? but whatever, this contest was up to a certain stage fun and provided entertainment. now the fun is gone.

1 minute ago, Naam said:

i wonder how the votes can be rigged. wasn't it decided last year that voters need a minimum of several hundred posts to prevent "new members" voting? but whatever, this contest was up to a certain stage fun and provided entertainment. now the fun is gone.

Chin up chum..... b0203.gif

4 minutes ago, Naam said:

Possibly new accounts were being created using VPN's most likely and new votes being added by a single individual. What ever the answer, the voting profile looked extremely odd for a while - I'm not sure last years recommendations were all fully adopted.

Edited by chiang mai

1 minute ago, chiang mai said:

Possibly new accounts were being created using VPN's most likely and new votes being added by a single individual. What ever the answer, the voting profile looked extremely odd for a while.

a VPN can only hide the IP. what about the minimum amount of postings?

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Piping back in here with an immodest proposal as follows.

If both front runners indicate they agree by midnight tonight then after 5 pm tomorrow start a new real final bonanza between the top two for 48 hours.

Doing this will wash away the issues with earlier voting when so many accidentally forfeited their voting rights by showing results before voting.

Also more time for any rigging concerns to be examined.

May the best man win and Happy New Year.

Those that did that are probably the same ones who also 'advise/comment' without reading what the Topic Poster actually posted ...tough  shit!

Piping back in here with an immodest proposal as follows.

If both front runners indicate they agree by midnight tonight then after 5 pm tomorrow start a new real final bonanza between the top two for 48 hours.

Doing this will wash away the issues with earlier voting when so many accidentally forfeited their voting rights by showing results before voting.

Also more time for any rigging concerns to be examined.

May the best man win and Happy New Year.

A plan is needed, I could hold him and Trans. could kick him in the dots. No wait, you hold him. :post-4641-1156694572:

I will consider that if both are agreeable.

Sent from my iris 755 using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Naam said:

i disagree. in my[notso]humble opinion the deserving winner is "Mr. V8 Rules TransAm".

I disagree with your view, whilst gentlemanly and honourable it's not a fitting and proper conclusion.

How's about, five games of 301, winner takes all. :post-4641-1156694572:

Bridge at Pattaya

The POLL final to decide the  2016 POSTER OF THE YEAR is now open for business.

Each member can select one vote only.

Please note that (unlike previous years) you cannot change your vote once you have submitted it.
Once you click "Submit Vote" that's it, so check your vote carefully.

The poll will run till 5pm on Wednesday the 28th of December 2016 and then closed.
The 2016 POSTER OF THE YEAR will be announced shortly after a check for any irregularities.

By all means comment in this thread, but any and all "nasty" or off-topic posts will be removed, forum rules are NOT suspended and free holidays are available.
Have as much fun and banter as you like but please abide by forum rules at all times,in particular but not only those listed below.

2) You will not use ThaiVisa.com to post any material which is knowingly or can be reasonably construed as false, inaccurate, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law.
7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.
8) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.
9) You will not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling. Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.
10) Do not discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy.

Any finalist that is granted  a ban or posting suspension from anywhere on the forum during the course of this poll will be disqualified.

Previous poll can be found here : http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/958203-2016-poster-of-the-year-poll/#comment-11416781

Get raided

Sent from my iris 755 using Tapatalk

31 minutes ago, Singalongsam said:

A lot of paranoia on this thread.  

I reckon Naam should win as over the years he has helped countless people with financial and practical advice. 

For gods sake why didn't you come forward and say that sooner man, you'd have saved us all the problems and wasted time of holding the contest in the first place. :post-4641-1156694572:

1 hour ago, Naam said:

With respect to Naam, I think people are voting for him as a way of voting against Transam.

I used to do this when I was young: I voted for Maggie Thatcher because I detested Neil Kinnock.

11 minutes ago, Fabricus said:

With respect to Naam, I think people are voting for him as a way of voting against Transam.

I used to do this when I was young: I voted for Maggie Thatcher because I detested Neil Kinnock.

Are you saying that Transam is detested? It appears to me that he is the forum Joker. 

Heath Ledger was great in that part. A painted on smile hiding a lunatic. 

17 minutes ago, Singalongsam said:

Are you saying that Transam is detested? It appears to me that he is the forum Joker. 

Heath Ledger was great in that part. A painted on smile hiding a lunatic. 

Nope. Transma's cool, but Naam might be cooler.

I quite liked NongKhaiKid, but have a feeling he may have been too cool for his own good.

May the coolest dude win.

Edited by Fabricus

Looking at the final results for last year.  I have received more than twice as many votes, which I am very happy with.  I think we will see this year's winner get more votes than last year's winner.  The results show that you don't have to go negative or manipulate the system to get participation and bring out the vote.  I think this has been a good competition and there shouldn't be any hard feelings regardless of who wins.

Screen Shot 2016-12-27 at 10.00.19 PM.jpg

3 hours ago, Singalongsam said:

A lot of paranoia on this thread.  

I reckon Naam should win as over the years he has helped countless people with financial and practical advice. 

You can also guarantee that his votes will be genuine :)  He always fight a fair fight and with integrity.

Edited by fletchsmile

1 hour ago, Fabricus said:

Dr.Naam has been one of the best posters on TVF for many a year

His posts do require a certain level of humour and intelligence to appreciate though. So I can understand your limited thinking LOL

4 minutes ago, villagefarang said:

Looking at the final results for last year.  I have received more than twice as many votes, which I am very happy with.  I think we will see this year's winner get more votes than last year's winner.  The results show that you don't have to go negative or manipulate the system to get participation and bring out the vote.  I think this has been a good competition and there shouldn't be any hard feelings regardless of who wins.

Screen Shot 2016-12-27 at 10.00.19 PM.jpg

No change there then, nowhere last year, same same this year, consistent if nothing else, nothing personal just an observation

As always the devil is in the details

An excellent increase in your voter base a percentage of the popular vote there I think, just reward for the photos

Maybe its the poll itself that brings out the worst in us , well some of us, some will always stand tall ready to be counted

You might FINK this has been a good competition / a bit of not so light relief  but not everyone seems to agree with you, for whatever reason / reasons

I still have high hopes for my man though not very musical myself so wont be joining in the sing - song at the end whoever wins

To end on a more serious note, I am fully expecting my black dot collection to show a marked improvement as in amount, over the coming months

4 minutes ago, Ace of Pop said:

Naam and T.A. have common Ground. "AIR..". One Bangs on about Air in Tires and the other about Air Con. Getting stupid is this time delay , leave it much longer and Mr Bitey will win.:post-4641-1156694606::stoner:

Ha, ha, I told our little family that maybe next year Mr. Bitey could be a serious contender for the POTY tiara and here is the reaction from his sister:

CAT GIF.gif

18 minutes ago, Ace of Pop said:

Naam and T.A. have common Ground. "AIR..". One Bangs on about Air in Tires and the other about Air Con. Getting stupid is this time delay , leave it much longer and Mr Bitey will win.:post-4641-1156694606::stoner:

You might be better off substituting AIR for WIND