A mother's love - mum takes a bullet for her son and dies in his arms

webfact

A mother's love - mum takes a bullet for her son and dies in his arms

p1.jpg

Picture: Daily News

SURAT THANI: -- A Thai mum saw that her son was about to be shot by an assassin so she jumped in front to protect him.

She was shot dead as the shooter fled.

Police in Surat Thani found the son she had saved and her husband crying uncontrollably as they cradled the woman who had sacrificed her life, reports Daily News.

The incident happened at a house in Bang Ngorn sub-district of Phun Phin late on Monday night. Pranee Mapha, 58 and her husband Manee Bunrot were with their son Somkiat Bunrot beside the house.

A man arrived in a Toyota pick-up. Before long he had pulled out a shotgun and when Pranee saw that it was aimed at her son she jumped in front to give him protection, said police.

But she was shot and died at the scene.

The shooter fled the scene and now the hunt is on while police are interviewing the son to find out why someone wanted to kill him.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-12-28

R.I.P. brave woman and mother! This is really heartbreaking ... And no mentioning anywhere else in a foreign newspaper,  because this is a normal daily occurrence in Thailand same as in Mexico, Philippines, etc. Why doesn't the junta concentrate on eradicating these killers in the south instead of their single gateway project? The south is their job.

How can this family cope with was has happened?

Edited by Dario

Obviously a loving and wonderful mother. She made the biggest and most beautiful (albeit horrible) sacrifice for her child. Let's hope that son of hers is worthy of this great deed and that he does everything in his power to honor her.

4 minutes ago, catman20 said:

sounds to me like he was not worth it, how many people here have people looking for them to be shot???????? none i expect, so it tells you what sort of b-m he was.

Plenty of activists and environmentalists, for example.

In Thairath it's reported the police have interviewed Somkiat, the 26 year-old son. He had in the past been arrested along with 2 other men for growing and selling the banned drug krathom. Since the arrest, the men had fallen out and not spoken to each other since they believed Somkiat had provided information to the police which had led to their arrest.

12 minutes ago, pumpuy said:

I guess you mean pedophiles ?

"An Eye for an Eye and. Tooth for a Tooth"  . Okay ,that sounds understandable ...but repeated drug users ? Do you want to kill them all , even if they did not harm anybody else ?

If there are no drug users then there are no drug peddlers (purveyors of death and misery).

On 27/12/2016 at 11:51 PM, Deli said:

The number of illegal guns out in the streets in the hands of morons is just nuts. 

This photo always puzzle me when I see it. Is that your missus cooking on top of the stove concrete table? Just curious. Never seen anything like that b4.

7 hours ago, lvr181 said:

If there are no drug users then there are no drug peddlers (purveyors of death and misery).

If there were no human beings there would be no drug peddlers or users.....  )purveyors of death and misery)... so are you first in line to be got rid of? 

12 hours ago, Old Croc said:

A brave sacrifice.

I wonder if the son deserved such devotion?

What has he been doing to have an assassin coming to kill him?

A brave sacrifice indeed from the Mother and no matter what the son was involved in, in the ,mothers eyes, just as any parent would/should feel, of course the son would have deserved that devotion, no matter the son or daughters age, they are always our children no matter what they get up to. I know that my son is the reason I get up in the mornings so would and do protect him unconditionally.

13 hours ago, lvr181 said:

I think if the drug problem was treated as a public health issue instead of a crime issue, we'd probably move forward on it. This so called 'war on drugs' has been by any measure, a complete failure. This brave mother is yet another victim of bad, lazy laws driving drugs underground and into the hands of criminals.