Woman asks online community - is this a bullet hole?

webfact

Woman asks online community - is this a bullet hole?

4a.jpg

Picture: Sanook

BANGKOK: -- A Thai woman went online to ask netizens their opinion after something hit her window in the early hours of the morning.

"Was it a bullet?" she asked. She posted a picture of her window with a 1.5 centimeter hole in it. She said on the Pantip site that while she was sleeping at 5am when she heard the sound of breaking glass but didn't dare open the curtains, reports Sanook.

Then in the light of day she saw the hole. But no other evidence. She said she lives in a quiet area where there is virtually never any trouble.

The mysterious hole caused much comment online.

But sanook.com reported that later in the day the woman reported the matter to police who confirmed that it was a bullet hole.

But no bullet was found inside the apartment.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-01-06

Bullet was a boomerang ?

only enough energy left in the bullet to make the hole, be stopped and together with glass fall outside the room ?

hanging curtains deflected the spent bullet to a crack in the floor?

the cat removed the bullet?

It was the police who shot the bullet and investigating officer removed the evidence?

The woman was asleep and a spurned lover shot over her head inside out ?

The mystery remains unresolved at this juncture.  

Well there you go love it was a bullet hole. Only problem was it missed it's target. Gossip, gossip, gossip.
Everytime I go out the neighbours ask "Where are you going?" and when I get home "Where have you been?". They then pour they're greedy eyes over my bags of shopping. As I open my front door they all gather round to look in my house. Have they got a life of their own?

1 hour ago, canuckamuck said:

lawnmowers can also whip rocks out at high speed, and if the rock remained outside the it could be hard to find. The same is true for slingshots (catapults).

Mowing a lawn at 5am? You may need to rethink that hypothesis.... 

35 minutes ago, PatOngo said:

A sharp eye will see that the bullet exited the room, not entered.

I could very well be incorrect ... the sharp side is the side that the bullet entered me thinks ... assuming that the trees in the picture are outside the room of course :smile:

3 hours ago, A1Str8 said:

A bullet clearly went through that window. Then how in the world there was no bullet inside. 

Had the same happen to me years ago.....back in the UK I should add. Police told me it was probably only a .22

Almost ripped the kitchen apart trying to find the bullet but never did.

Suppose you could search with a metal detector.

3 hours ago, A1Str8 said:

A bullet clearly went through that window. Then how in the world there was no bullet inside. 

maybe she hasn't looked for it lol, sort of hard to tell from a photo but it looks to me like the bullet was fired from the inside, the glass will remain more or less flat where the bullet impacts the glass and will explode outwards and away on exit, it is very easy for a forensics expert to determine the direction.

Next question - who was in your home recently with a gun

So how come nobody heard the shot, especially in a 'quiet area where there is virtually no trouble?

Whereas it is true that the weapon could have been discharged a great distance away, the velocity of the round (fired horizontally) is reduced vastly over distance. Whatever hit the window to cause a clean hole that size was obviously travelling fast.

I sell windows that look exactly like this.

It's inspired by bullet holes, but sold to get more likes on facebook.

We also sell some that have a plastic covering the hole for an extra fee.

we do cars as well...

2 hours ago, Wilsonandson said:

Well there you go love it was a bullet hole. Only problem was it missed it's target. Gossip, gossip, gossip.
Everytime I go out the neighbours ask "Where are you going?" and when I get home "Where have you been?". They then pour they're greedy eyes over my bags of shopping. As I open my front door they all gather round to look in my house. Have they got a life of their own?

try 'pore'

up late drunk, smoking ice, or whatever,

playing with gun, gun goes off while they are pointing it at the apartment block

they pooh themselves, worried anyone heard the shot, or where the bullet could have gone

as they were pointing at apartment block, so the person with the gun quickly leaves

while the woman posts pic on facebook and then later reports it to police to act all innocent

Edited by mki8

Without looking at photos taken from several different angles, or better still examining the actual window, it is difficult to discern the trajectory and how the police could confirm that it was a bullet just by examining the window and in the absence of corroborating evidence  is beyond me. If someone fired a pebble from a catapult and it hit the window it could produce the same effect. An individual pebble fired at great speed would be difficult to find after the fact if it did not go through the window. A piece of ice could produce an impact pattern similar or the same and leave no evidence to be found later. 

42 minutes ago, sjbrownderby said:

If someone fired a pebble from a catapult and it hit the window it could produce the same effect.

no it couldn't, this was a bullet and from what I can see (limited by the photo) it hit the window on the inside first, something the police could tell straight away, several people here that clearly have experience of such things have already told you this, did you not read the whole thread ? 

4 hours ago, puukao said:

I sell windows that look exactly like this.

It's inspired by bullet holes, but sold to get more likes on facebook.

We also sell some that have a plastic covering the hole for an extra fee.

we do cars as well...

Is this an extension of the ripped jeans fad.