TOT fiber out.. Anyone ??

LivinLOS

17 minutes ago, edwinchester said:

TOT engineer just told us there was a major cable break last night caused by the flooding down south.

That would make sense,......... XXXXXXXXXXXXtreme rain has caused my TRUE internet to self destruct  more than 6 years ago, so I had to order a new router from the TRUE technicians,....... 

these cases say a lot about Thailand's fragile telecommunication and network infrastructure. 

Went off Monday night after about 10pm, was off until 9am this morning.

Been working all day then off for about 1 hour around 4pm this afternoon, but is back up and running at the moment.

Can't complain, it has been extremely reliable compared to DSL and has almost hardly been interrupted since we had it installed months ago.

(CHIANG MAI AREA)

On the Darkside here in Pattaya as reported we were in an outage this morning when I woke around 07:30am and back online about an hour or so later. Since then it has been ion again off again losing access altogether about 3:30pnm and back again later.
18:00 now and still very consistent performance particularly with overseas sites.  <deleted> is going on?

26 minutes ago, avander said:

On the Darkside here in Pattaya as reported we were in an outage this morning when I woke around 07:30am and back online about an hour or so later. Since then it has been ion again off again losing access altogether about 3:30pnm and back again later.
18:00 now and still very consistent performance particularly with overseas sites.  <deleted> is going on?

Dito.

Pattaya Darkside too, connected at the moment 18:51, but extremely slow.

Fortunately, I have a Asus Dual-Wan Router which can be set to use 4G (provided by a smartphone, connected via USB).

Issues in Rayong all day.  Called around 10AM and they said there was a "local problem". Called back about 3 to ask of OK (1/2 what I'm supposed to get, so normal) and said yes.  

By 3:30 bad again so call them.  As usual, they tell me to use speedtest to Chonburi <snort>. Opted to NOT tell them this time, "Chonburi isn't the center of the internet universe" because it goes in one ear and out the other.

Speedtest "for kicks & grins"..., the following:

Test to Bhurapa University, Chonburi - lightning fast 35Mbps down 14Mbps up <snort>

Test to DTAC BKK - <deleted> 1-2Mbps down & up

Test to Pathum Thani -  same same - NOT different

For more "kicks & grins" tried Chrome incognito and got this cute little message I've never seen before:

Ookla may collect certain identifiable data during the test, such as your IP address, and may share that data with selected third parties. For further information on what is collected and how it may be shared, please see our Privacy Policy.

Speedof.me, the better (HTML5) tester..., everything outside country is equally <deleted>.   No inclination to power up HMA and see what happens.    

Happy New Year!

Down last night, up this morning, down afternoon...

up(ish) now at about 25% packet loss. Using 3G backup for the time being.

So yeah still in yoyo mode.

Edit make that 30% packet loss. Also they seem to have rerouted stuff as access to 8.8.8.8 is up from 50ms to 150ms.

Edited by Jdietz

16 minutes ago, aussie11950 said:

Announcements have been made on Twitter (in Thai ) about broken fibre because of the flood in the south.

Sounds somewhat plausible at first.

A major sea cable landing point near Satun in the deep south.

And big volume to and from Singapore via land cable.

But shouldn't it affect all operators?

Sounds somewhat plausible at first.
A major sea cable landing point near Satun in the deep south.
And big volume to and from Singapore via land cable.

But shouldn't it affect all operators?

If it is a sea cable AIS Fibre don't use it as my AIS Fibre 100/10 has been working fine and fast, domestically and internationally, while this TOT fiber problem has been going. Expect it's purely a TOT network problem.

1 hour ago, Pib said:

Expect it's purely a TOT network problem.

Seems they were the only company having fiber cables along this bridge (or two bridges actually).

With all the disaster messages about the breakdown on the only major highway to the south it was obviously not worth a separate report.

Unfortunately a parallel thread went unnoticed which I have just closed:

The assumption of a "hack" was obviously unfounded.

You find some information/pictures in the closed thread about the collapsed bridge(s) that also teared down an important fiber connection of ToT.

Since the outage yesterday I have been having problems with torrents (TV Chaos).

I am showing in uTorrent is not connectable, I have checked my port forwarding setting and they are all ok and the site stats are showing me as seeding. Downloading ok but at a reduced speed (peaking about 600kB where usually it would be around 2.6MB), I do have torrents showing as uploading but not many and slow speed.

41 minutes ago, alphason said:

Since the outage yesterday I have been having problems with torrents (TV Chaos).

I am showing in uTorrent is not connectable, I have checked my port forwarding setting and they are all ok and the site stats are showing me as seeding. Downloading ok but at a reduced speed (peaking about 600kB where usually it would be around 2.6MB), I do have torrents showing as uploading but not many and slow speed.

I had no problems with torrents after services resumed last night with leeching and seeding as normal.

1 hour ago, alphason said:

47 minutes ago, avander said:

I had no problems with torrents after services resumed last night with leeching and seeding as normal.

After rechecking all my settings I was confident it was not my end, So I rebooted the router a couple of times until I was assigned a different IP address and this new IP changed me back to connectable again.