Risky Visa Exempt via Ranong-Victoria Point?

Sorry folks to be such a pain in the derriere, but I have had to change my travel plans due to a friend needing my assistance in the UAE. My tourist visa expires this month on the 26th, but I need to extend my stay in Thailand to fly from BKk to the UAE on the 2nd of Feb.

As I have a visa for Myanmar in my passport, do you think it would be OK to stay 1 or 2 nights in Myanmar at Victoria Point and return to Ranong to get a visa exempt? As I have the Myanmar visa, I thought it would be a shame to waste it, and not opting for an extension at immigration.

Any thoughts advice greatly appreciated, I have heard that the Ranong crossing is a bit iffy with visas now :-(

Thanks

Mickey

Edited by mickeymiles
spelling

Have you gotten a 30 day extension of your 60 day entry already?

You should not have any problem at Ranong since you have a visa for Myanmar.

They have been allowing a visa exempt entry with just a border hop without a visa.

49 minutes ago, Suradit69 said:

If he has already obtained the 30 day extension of his tourist visa entry, could he apply for another extension, have the application denied and get 7 (additional) days to leave the country ??

Yes this is possible, I have done this myself

• Like 1

Get the 7-day-non-extension (1900 Baht) or just overstay (3500 Baht). It would be silly to leave the country and have all the hassle just to get another 7 days... this way you also won't lose your Myanmar visa.

If you do the non-extension make sure you go on the last day (26th) as they will only grant another 7 days (8 days including the day you go) from the date you apply.

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 8:02 PM, wump said:

Get the 7-day-non-extension (1900 Baht) or just overstay (3500 Baht). It would be silly to leave the country and have all the hassle just to get another 7 days... this way you also won't lose your Myanmar visa.

If you do the non-extension make sure you go on the last day (26th) as they will only grant another 7 days (8 days including the day you go) from the date you apply.

A Myanmar visa costs less than 1900 Baht, so why not just use it? Maybe the OP got the Myanmar visa for this purpose and he does not mention if he plans to use it after returning from the UAE. Myanmar, unlike Thailand allows unlimited visa applications so this is actually a better strategy for the OP than getting a 7-day extension and much better than overstaying, which could get him banned for a year if he gets caught.