Honda unveil "sporty" new City car - with lights for daytime use

webfact

14 hours ago, webfact said:

Daily News reported that the car will attract those who want a "sporty" model.

if they really wanted to attract those who what a sporty model they should have put a K20A and 6 speed manual box in it.

On 1/13/2017 at 11:36 AM, transam said:

Volvo day lights I had you could not turn them off. So in LOS if the same a good idea for the forgetful.... b0212.gif

When l got 244 Volvo for quite while many people at traffic light stops would wind down their window and say you have got your lights on. :laugh:

8 hours ago, Don Mega said:

Body by Toyota, drivetrain by Subaru ?

Not sure if Toyota had that much to do with it. It was a joint venture and Subaru were expected to sell less of their version.

The drivetrain was definitely Suby's but unsure if all the bodywork was Toyotas design. Great car but needs more HP.

9 hours ago, Wallabi said:

would you care to tell us more please?

Yes. Toyota used to produce some warmish sports cars and a couple of high performance ones. MR2, 16v Corolla hatch and the Supra range. But for the last ten yrs or so there has been nothing of note.

Even worse in Thailand ( The land of 1.6 litre slushbox sedans ) Here Toyota sells cars only suitable for middle aged librarians. Okay, The Vigo/Fortuna is capable enough, but I'm talking performance and handling. Attaching a T(u)RD sticker and a chrome exhaust doesn't turn a Vios into a sports car. 

Cheap, nasty, econobox commuter hatch yes. Hot hatch ? No. When they produce something that can compete with a Golf R,  Mini GP or an RS3 I'll buy one..