Chiang Mai and Bangkok show solidarity with women's march

snoop1130

Chiang Mai and Bangkok show solidarity with women's march

By Teeranai Charuvastra, Staff Reporter

16003242_10158098230835597_4925173596507

Activists on Saturday gather at Roadhouse BBQ in Bangkok in support of Women's March events around the world. Image: Nima Chandler / Facebook

BANGKOK — Activists in Thailand who joined global protests against U.S. President Donald Trump over the weekend said Monday they hope more such events follow in the future.

Since the junta’s ban on political protests means street demonstrations like the ones in Washington D.C. and other major cities across the world were not possible, activists in Chiang Mai held a picnic in a park Saturday where they advocated for the advancement of women around the world and in solidarity with American women threatened by a new administration.

Full Story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2017/01/23/chiang-mai-bangkok-show-solidarity-womens-march/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-1-23

Of course none of them know anything about who or what they are protesting. While Trump employed thousands of women at top pay over decades and gave them incredible opportunities for advancement, Hillary Clinton payed her female staff less than their male counterparts and conspired against her husband's rape victims. But let's not let the truth get in the way of a a good man hating hissy fit!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

At least they've got one thing right here; not allowing silly little girls to get on the streets and whine over perceived impingement of foreigners' rights. These girls would be better served doing something useful, like campaigning to free North Koreans or sweeping the roads. :giggle:

Just what are they protesting about?

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that Trump has only just been sworn in, so hasn't yet enacted any legislation to protest about.

Or are they protesting in advance about things they think that perhaps he might do that will maybe disadvantage women?

I have to say that Mrs Trump doesn't look particularly downtrodden.

It all seems a bit silly to me. Something whipped up by the feminist loving media because they don't like the fact that Trump won.

I don't have a horse in this race, not being American, but I think it shows very poor form condemning the guy before he's had a chance to show what he can do. It smacks of bigotry, prejudice and hypocrisy.

2 hours ago, Dale59 said:

Of course none of them know anything about who or what they are protesting. While Trump employed thousands of women at top pay over decades and gave them incredible opportunities for advancement, Hillary Clinton payed her female staff less than their male counterparts and conspired against her husband's rape victims. But let's not let the truth get in the way of a a good man hating hissy fit!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

You're certainly not letting it interfere with your own hissy fit.

Edited by Bluespunk

From the picture I see a collection of back packers fag hags that will turn up at any gathering of like minded snow flake liberalism. Maybe if they went out and did a days graft they might have different opions. But no they carry on saving the world while enjoying their full moon parties. Rant over.  

6 hours ago, petesc55 said:

I guess there is no escape from them, anywhere?

:(

Nope the vocal minority have never been so loud.

I'd love to know what women do not have equality on in the west ... as most dangerous, filthy, back breaking  jobs re done by men ... is it these jobs they so desperately want?

Or would they like longer prison sentences, in worse jails like men and a far more likelihood of being jailed for the same crime. I really do not know where they don't have equality.

Britain trained up more women doctors over the last 2 decades, once in the job these women don't like the long hours and are working part time meaning we are forced to hire doctors from around the world to cover up the fact they're lazy.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/womens-health/9950248/Part-time-women-doctors-are-creating-a-timebomb.html 

The problem is starting to affect both hospitals and primary care. Some 38 per cent of female consultants work part-time compared to five per cent of the men

Edited by ffaarraanngg

Good for them. I'm a man, but I'm also a feminist and fully support women's rights and basic equality for all under the law. This is a good time to let the world know that even though the US has just elected its most sexist president in memory, American women will continue to be at the forefront of the global struggle for gender equality.

10 minutes ago, debate101 said:

Good for them. I'm a man, but I'm also a feminist and fully support women's rights and basic equality for all under the law. This is a good time to let the world know that even though the US has just elected its most sexist president in memory, American women will continue to be at the forefront of the global struggle for gender equality.

It would be nice if you could quote one (just one) instance where women are not equal to men under Western law.

On the other hand it is not difficult to find instances where women are treated better.

12 hours ago, nisakiman said:

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that Trump has only just been sworn in, so hasn't yet enacted any legislation to protest about.

Or are they protesting in advance about things they think that perhaps he might do that will maybe disadvantage women?

It all seems a bit silly to me. Something whipped up by the feminist loving media because they don't like the fact that Trump won.

I don't have a horse in this race, not being American, but I think it shows very poor form condemning the guy before he's had a chance to show what he can do. It smacks of bigotry, prejudice and hypocrisy.

People respect the vote, but not the polices that he is trying to pass. Such as defending planned parenthood which will effect millions of women. This is the number one concern, Republicans want to defund it because they say Planned Parenthood provides abortion , which is true and goes against their values, but federal money by law can't be used on abortions, so the funding for abortion comes from a different place.

1 hour ago, debate101 said:

Why, if they are at the forefront of the global struggle for gender equality do they never protest against the lower status and oppression of women in Islamic countries? instead they cosy up to it, bit of a contradiction. Note the poster supporting the wearing of the hijab, something of a cause with these nutters, and something that in many Islamic countries women have no freedom of choice over- they have to wear them, or be punished by law. Why do these feminists never protest against the appalling status of women in Saudi Arabia where they are not even allowed to drive? As a 'feminist' male what do you think?

Edited by thai3

1 minute ago, thai3 said:

Strange how these people support women wearing bukas, they are all for freedom of choice but ignore the fact that in many Islamic countries woman have no choice and are forced to 

Why, if they are at the forefront of the global struggle for gender equality do they never protest against the lower status and oppression of women in Islamic countries? instead they cosy up to it, bit of a contradiction. Note the poster supporting the wearing of the hijab, something of a cause with these nutters, and something that in many Islamic countries women have no freedom of choice over- they have to wear them. or be punished by law. Why do these feminists never protest against the appalling status of women in Saudi Arabia where they are not even allowed to drive? As a 'feminist' male what do you think?

Here's just a few things to protest about...not some 70 year old Billionaire who wants to try and fix a huge mess...talk about 'biting the hand that feeds you'

shar-crap.jpg

Yet....Here you are.... In Thailand.

15 hours ago, nisakiman said:

I think these wimmin are protesting that the deplorables might have their lives improved under Trump.

The question was raised here, why does trump concern INTERNATIONAL women and also why protest if he hasn't done anything yet.

This addresses both of those points!

trump already signed something that has a GLOBAL impact on women's issues.:post-4641-1156693976:

Note it doesn't just stop U.S. funds for abortion abroad but all other health care services done at such health providing organizations if they continue to offer abortion services at all!

INCLUDING, life saving health care for women that are dying of badly batch "back alley" abortions that so many women internationally will resort to (a known fact) if they can't get a safe option. These NGO's offer many life saving services in international regions that aren't otherwise served.

The new policy would prohibit any federal aid to foreign organizations that provide or promote abortion. In the past, the policy only applied to organizations that got family planning funding. Now, it will apply to organizations that get global health money, potentially including maternal health programs, anti-Zika efforts and the expansive PEPFAR program to stop HIV/AIDS.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/trump-revives-funding-ban-to-groups-promoting-abortion-overseas-234038

Edited by Jingthing

33 minutes ago, jesimps said:

Pretty reasoned post I thought. The opposite to your reactions to posts that offend your liberal beliefs.

No, it was a hissy fit.

Which when I think about it, is the opposite to my posts...

Edited by Bluespunk

19 hours ago, Dale59 said:

way of a a good man hating hissy fit!

Are you sure your spelling pussy fit right? WOW ladies reading some of the posts here you have a long way to go to get equality. Good man wow that is stretching things a bit. Its a bit early in his game to use that term. As his stature has increased does that also mean his prowess among women also has increased. 

3 hours ago, FitnessHealthTravel said:

Here's just a few things to protest about...not some 70 year old Billionaire who wants to try and fix a huge mess...talk about 'biting the hand that feeds you'

shar-crap.jpg

Oh great- please tell me, which protest- subject and form of protest you aprove of.

Next time, I feel like protesting, I sure turn to you for advice!

...NOT...