Thai police dubious about man's ATM abduction-by-cop story

webfact

Police dubious about man's ATM abduction-by-cop story

By Asaree Thaitrakulpanich, Staff Reporter

S__3506209-696x522.jpg  

Srawut Pungprasop, shows police the ATM he was using when he got robbed midnight Tuesday in Bang Khen.

BANGKOK — A man alleges he was abducted, assaulted and robbed of 80,000 baht by men wearing police vests early Tuesday morning northern Bangkok, a story that police are not fully buying.

Srawut Pungprasop, 18, said he was depositing money at a Kasikornbank ATM at about midnight in Thanommit Market in Bangkok’s Bang Khen district when two men threw him into a van with two other men who punched him, robbed him, and then tossed him out out.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/crime-crime/2017/01/31/police-dubious-mans-atm-abduction-cop-story/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-01-31

Robbed while depositing his sister's money?

Hmm...

I suppose it's possible that the robbers knew that some people may attempt to deposit money after 10 pm when the machines will no longer accept money and wait for these unfortunates, but...

Edited by Bluespunk

Bangkok man's poorly devised ATM abduction story falls apart

By  Asaree Thaitrakulpanich, Staff Reporter

S__3506211-696x522.jpg

Srawut Pungprasop, shows police the ATM he claimed to be using when he was allegedly robbed Tuesday night in Bang Khen.

BANGKOK — A man reportedly confessed Tuesday to fabricating a story that he was abducted and robbed of 80,000 baht by men wearing police vests.

Srawut Pungprasop, 18, confessed to making up the story of being robbed in the early hours of the morning at an ATM in north Bangkok because he had gambled away money given to him by his sister to deposit for his school tuition.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/crime-crime/2017/02/01/bangkok-mans-poorly-devised-atm-abduction-story-falls-apart/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-02-01

I feel sorry for this jerk's sister, I just hope she is wiser now and won't help him again.

This guy lived 18 years and the best he could do is take his sister's money and gamble it away.

Good luck in him getting his family to trust him further

Geezer

I could have sworn there was an issue my wife and I had when we tried to deposit 100,000 baht in a machine a while back, not sure it would even allow it, the one we used actually got stuck at 50,000! We had to get the manager inside the bank to come outside, where he then stated the machine would be shutdown and the money transaction checked (and money counted). It all worked out in the end, but makes me wonder if what he was attempting was even possible?

I have nothing to say about this irresponsible  little snot.Gambled away his tuition money.Well thats thainess for you,no sense of responsibility.But i would have to say that the picture does not flatter the two cops who were there.The uniforms need to be changed to adapt to the fuller figure.And they say that Pattaya birds are getting fatter.

16 hours ago, Sakeopete said:

All ATMs have video surveillance it should tell the story. If by chance the "video camera was not working" I would guess he is telling the truth and the BIB made it disappear.

That's right they do have cameras! It does seem, however, they're never working often enough in this country when needed. Your claim could be correct also.