Work Permit Expired

7 minutes ago, muzmurray said:

Maybe worth mentioning that the Non-Imm OA does not require leaving every 90 days and does require 90 day reports.

Maybe worth mentioning that the Non-Imm OA is a retirement visa and not applicable to this thread.

9 minutes ago, overherebc said:

But isn't/can't be tied to a WP. To get a WP Imm' would probably want you to change to a B.

Are you sure about 90 day thing?

You could get a multi re-entry and fly out fly in every 90 otherwise you still do 90 reports as per extensions.

2 hours ago, muzmurray said:

Oh yes they do - please find below/attached a picture of a single entry Non-B issued by Chaeng Wattana.

visa.jpg

Presumably that's a conversion to a non-imm B entry, not a visa that could be used to enter Thailand and immediately stamped "used."

Conversions can sometimes be done at some offices depending on the visa type.

Edited by Suradit69

3 minutes ago, Suradit69 said:

Presumably that's a conversion to a non-imm B entry, not a visa that could be used to enter Thailand.

Conversions can sometimes be done at some offices.

It's one day valid non B which is stamped used at the time it's issued so that an extension of stay can be issued. I know it's strange but the reason is that an extension has to be issued on some kind of visa then the visa is no longer required or valid so it's stamped used.

1 minute ago, overherebc said:

It's one day valid non B which is stamped used at the time it's issued so that an extension of stay can be issued. I know it's strange but the reason is that an extension has to be issued on some kind of visa then the visa is no longer required or valid so it's stamped used.

Kind of similar to convertimg your 90 single entry to an extension then the visa is no longer valid.

I think despite the statements from the OP that he has a multi entry visa valid until may he is on an extension of stay that finished on the day he stopped work. He will have to leave Thailand asap preferably by air and get some kind of visa to re-enter. I don't think they check for a WP if you leave by air although they may do at land borders.

Leaving without getting a re-entry permit will invalidate his extension so probably easier to fly to Penang and get a SETV come back and start again.

On 2/3/2017 at 4:16 PM, smutcakes said:

I believe my 12 month multiple entry Non B was linked to the work visa. Once the work visa is cancelled, you lose the non b as well.

Just a small correction to avoid misunderstandings; should be work permit not work visa. There is no such thing as a work visa in the Thai system of things.

8 hours ago, smutcakes said:

Can you explain why my visa says Non B and Multiple entry? 

And validity one year?

Would it not say 3 month? or extension of stay?

i quote your previous post: "Well i have/had a multiple entry Non B i did not have to leave the country ever, and often did not. When i resigned from one company, they cancelled the work visa, and the lawyer advised it was necessary to leave the country and come back in on a 30 day."

A valid Non B Multiple entry would require you to leave the country at least every 90 day's.

Now, where did you, and in what form, received your "visa says Non B and Multiple entry" ?

Is it a sticker or a stamp ?

54 minutes ago, kovaltech said:

i quote your previous post: "Well i have/had a multiple entry Non B i did not have to leave the country ever, and often did not. When i resigned from one company, they cancelled the work visa, and the lawyer advised it was necessary to leave the country and come back in on a 30 day."

A valid Non B Multiple entry would require you to leave the country at least every 90 day's.

Now, where did you, and in what form, received your "visa says Non B and Multiple entry" ?

Is it a sticker or a stamp ?

If you check back a couple of posts it turned out his 'multi B' was issued in BKK and was a single B used to convert to an extension of stay.

B issued and stamped used to indicate the requirement for a one year extension of stay so WP could be issued.

8 hours ago, overherebc said:

There is a very simple set of rules to follow.

7 hours ago, Don Mega said:

Maybe worth mentioning that the Non-Imm OA is a retirement visa and not applicable to this thread.

But worth mentioning it because the previous poster had said that there was a "set of rules", yet those "rules" do not apply to an OA, and whilst I know that this thread is not about that visa, the blanket statement made by overherbc is factually incorrect.

Edited by muzmurray

3 minutes ago, muzmurray said:

But worth mentioning it because the previous poster had said that there was a "set of rules", yet those "rules" do not apply to an OA, and whilst I know that this thread is not about that visa, the blanket statement made by overherbc is factually incorrect.

Considering the thread is about WP's on B Visas and extensions and problems relating those I was posting with ref' to those, or are you just posting because you were adamant you had a multi entry B and that was proved wrong, not by me by the way.

1 minute ago, overherebc said:

Considering the thread is about WP's on B Visas and extensions and problems relating those I was posting with ref' to those, or are you just posting because you were adamant you had a multi entry B and that was proved wrong, not by me by the way.

You said "rules", no mention of what they were applicable to.

? What ? Where did I say I had a multi Non-B ?

Edited by muzmurray

I have a couple of friends who still will not accept that having been here on extensions based on being married for the past 5 years that their original visa is gone and dead. They insist that the original visa from 2011 is still valid and gets extended every year.

I don't even want to talk to them about it now.

• Like 2

On 2/3/2017 at 9:14 PM, smutcakes said:

Well i have/had a multiple entry Non B i did not have to leave the country ever, and often did not. When i resigned from one company, they cancelled the work visa, and the lawyer advised it was necessary to leave the country and come back in on a 30 day.

You may have had a multi non-B but if you are not leaving the country every 90 days and reporting to immigration every 90 days then you are on an extension of stay and if your employment ends your reason for the extension is no longer valid and you must leave or request an extension to stay from immigration.