Re-entry Stamp

Thaiboxer

I'll be leaving to the States this coming Saturday, however, it's my first trip to the new airport. I will need that re-entry stamp to insure my "O" visa will be unbroken when I come back next month. Does anyone know where to go for that stamp?

Last time I got it (2004) it cost me 1,000 Baht and was simply crossed out when I came back to Bangkok.

Thanks!!

Best to pop into immigration on Soi Suan Phlu Bangkok with a couple of photos and the 1000Baht .. it'll take an hour and then its done and ready for your trip.

While you can certainly do this, it is much faster and easier to get it done at the airport. They have a "reentry permit" booth in the check in hall. Make sure to bring 1 photo with you and 1,000 baht. You have to check in first, and show them your boarding pass at the booth, along with your passport, form with picture, and 1000 baht. Takes about 20 minutes

They have a "reentry permit" booth in the check in hall.

Do you know exactly where the booth is? That's a BIG check-in hall, and since one needs to go there AFTER the check-in process, it could panic someone who was kept waiting in queue for check-in longer than anticipated if they then had to frantically scour the terminal lobby.

Thanks for the replies guys! Yes, you can get a re-entry stamp for 1,000 Baht right at the airport. I found out where you need to go; Door #6 on the 4th floor. You need a 2 inch photo (any color background they say) and you need to get this done at least 1 hr before you leave.

I happened to see the re-entry permit booth last time I checked in for a flight. It's very easy to spot, near the TG business class check-in counter, along the wall where the airport tax booths are. Can't miss it, and very convenient. Actually, far more convenient than the annoyance a trip to Suan Phlu!

Door #6 on the 4th floor
near the TG business class check-in counter, along the wall where the airport tax booths are.

Does this mean there are two different places, on different floors, where one can get the re-entry permit at Suvarnabhumi airport?

--

Maestro

• 1 month later...

UPDATE 31/1/07.

The re-entry desk is located in the immigration buffer-hall (where you queue in front of the immigration desks) after you pass through the glass wall where they collect (used to collect) your PSC tickets. I only saw the one in the West hall but I assume there is one at each end. Clearly marked, standard Survarnabhumi paper sign :o

There does not appear to be a desk near door 6 (there's an empty space though) so I suspect it's been moved.

There is no photo facility, bring one!

For those who need to know, the overstay desk is crammed into the space behind the immigration counters.

• 4 weeks later...

i would like to know if it s open early morning..im flying at 8 am on a friday,,does anybody know if it ll be open or not?

thanks a lot

UPDATE 31/1/07.

The re-entry desk is located in the immigration buffer-hall (where you queue in front of the immigration desks) after you pass through the glass wall where they collect (used to collect) your PSC tickets. I only saw the one in the West hall but I assume there is one at each end. Clearly marked, standard Survarnabhumi paper sign :o

There does not appear to be a desk near door 6 (there's an empty space though) so I suspect it's been moved.

There is no photo facility, bring one!

For those who need to know, the overstay desk is crammed into the space behind the immigration counters.

Best to pop into immigration on Soi Suan Phlu Bangkok with a couple of photos and the 1000Baht .. it'll take an hour and then its done and ready for your trip.

If you go to Soi Suan Phlu do you need to show any documentaiton supporting your travel plans? An e-ticket itinerary? I only ask because there is mention here that if done at the airport you need to show a boarding card?

• 2 weeks later...
UPDATE 31/1/07.

Called the help (hehe) desk today, March 5th, and was told it's on the 4th floor, East Side, but could not get a more accurate location than that! Maybe there's more than one or maybe it's on wheels? Who knows!

If anyone can pinpoint it on the Airport website map that would be really useful.

Edited by Anon999