What do thaï people want to know about the western world?

Pebblesz

Total lack of intellectual curiosity (ie wanting to know something just for the satisfaction of knowing), which includes their own country. Try pointing out to them that they were on the wrong side during WW2 and only changed sides at the last moment with their usual slipperiness ... Wot? Shrug.

Poor and uneducated people are much the same everywhere in the world: No knowledge or understanding of anything that happens more than 20km away. It's just that there are more of them in Third World countries than in the rich West.

But take your partner to live in The West for a year or more and they soon wise up (ie get some perspective on Thailand). It's fascinating to watch it happen ...

What do thaï people want to know about the western world?
"When you come Thailand?  You have money much much?  You have money, you come Thailand.  I show you good time! You send me money now.  I show you good time much much when you come!!!

Edited by connda

2 hours ago, citzofwrld said:

A Istanbul carpet seller told me, after six months traveling around U.S. selling carpets I can't wait to get home. The U.S. had no ancient historical sites, nothing but fast food joints, and malls. Americans are obsessed with money, buying stuff to impress other people, know nothing about the world. Its hard for me to get a good price for my nice carepets that take so long to make because they don't understand quality. Thais aren't missing anything by not knowing about America.

This may come as a surprise, but America ain't the world!

Thai Lady Friend went to the USA to Get Rich..She felt all she had to do was put her hand out and Money appeared..Just Falls off trees----She is still there On Welfare and Loves the Free Life style and Free Food as well as Free Apartment

28 minutes ago, kiniyow said:

Thai Lady Friend went to the USA to Get Rich..She felt all she had to do was put her hand out and Money appeared..Just Falls off trees----She is still there On Welfare and Loves the Free Life style and Free Food as well as Free Apartment

really so why do not all the Thais relocate to usa then if what u describe is for real.Your story is nonesense.

31 minutes ago, rijb said:

Why should anybody believe you?  You probably live in the Eastern world.

What are you on about, believe me about what? You make zero sense. Just to clarify:

The term "Western world" can mean a number of different things, but generally it refers to countries in Europe and North America. Some widen the term to include Latin America and other countries around the world that descended from European culture. It is often used interchangeably with "first world" nations.

Edited by giddyup

4 hours ago, giddyup said:

What are you on about, believe me about what? You make zero sense. Just to clarify:

The term "Western world" can mean a number of different things, but generally it refers to countries in Europe and North America. Some widen the term to include Latin America and other countries around the world that descended from European culture. It is often used interchangeably with "first world" nations.

I should have used a :tongue:

18 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Why am i always ending up in discussions with mine Thai friends such as how we can reduce the hole in the ozone layer?

Your Thai friends will say that you just need to pour concrete in that pesky hole, but do not use too much rebar, as it is expensive. :sorry:

allot of thai people would like to travel outside of Thailand but the opportunity for most is low considering visa restrictions to western countries and average income levels in Thailand.. If you want to know what thai people think about the western world just do a youtube search....there are several videos of thai people uploading their experiences regarding the western world and will often comment on the difference in culture.  

Note: The people who are fortunate enough to travel from Thailand to a western country are usually well off and probably attended an international school... so if you were wondering what someone like a local Thai bar girl thinks the videos won't do much good.

First question i am asked - "where you from?" 

Next - "how long you in Thailand?"

Next - "You have girlfriend?"

Next - "How much money you get a month?"

By this stage, they know all they need to know.

I asked my wife about which countries are in ASEAN. She could only name 7, including China and Japan .......

When i say i want her to look at a world map, she gets very busy all of a sudden.

Having been married to a Thai woman for 11 years now, I must admit that intellectual curiosity is not her strong point. She has traveled the world extensively with me over the years and her world is quite a bit bigger than it used to be (obvious to her when she goes back home and recognizes the level of ignorance about the world in her village) but still not on par with a westerner. She has worked very hard on her English and is now quite fluent, and will be entering a culinary arts school to become a chef. But not that interested in other intellectual pursuits. That said, she has far to many other good qualities for me to really care. My first wife who was an American was very bright and well educated and was an absolute pain in the ass!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect