• Topics

• Latest posts...

1. 87

Why is Russia such a cesspool?

2. 95

Form 7162 Anybody Received Theirs Yet for 2024?

3. 0

Has my sex tourist friend found a loop hole?

4. 2,667

ICE vs EV, the debate thread

5. 68

Thai Hostages Still Missing a Year After Hamas Attack

6. 563

White Culture

7. 0

Florida Law Enforcement trying to protect the innocent,ain’t easy!

8. 87

Why is Russia such a cesspool?

9. 34

Tm47 online submission "rejected"

10. 19

Will White Women Shift Away from Republicans to Support Kamala Harris in 2024?

11. 17

Maximum Baht I can take out of Tland as cash

12. 17

Maximum Baht I can take out of Tland as cash

13. 125

Trump chickens out again.

14. 68

15. 68

Two months, B1.3mn budget to repair collapsed Phuket bridge, say officials

snoop1130

Two months, B1.3mn budget to repair collapsed Phuket bridge, say officials

Tanyaluk Sakoot

1487676343_1-org.jpg

PHUKET:-- Rawai Mayor Aroon Solos has confirmed to The Phuket News today that it will take at least two months to fix a collapsed bridge at Naiharn lake. Motorists are advised to take alternative routes while the work is being carried out.

Speaking to The Phuket News today (Feb 21) Mayor Aroon said, “I have been trying to find out who is responsible for repairing this bridge and I have still not been able to find the relevant government agency.

“However, as this is urgent Rawai Municipality have prepared a budget of B1.3 million for the repairs,” he said.

“I have made sure that the area is now closed off to the general public as a matter of safety and drivers should now avoid this route.

Full Story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/two-months-b1-3mn-budget-to-repair-collapsed-phuket-bridge-say-officials-61107.php#KGeBXrO5huSrj24D.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-2-21

21 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

Speaking to The Phuket News today (Feb 21) Mayor Aroon said, “I have been trying to find out who is responsible for repairing this bridge and I have still not been able to find the relevant government agency.

Really? 

23 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

“However, as this is urgent Rawai Municipality have prepared a budget of B1.3 million for the repairs,” he said.

1.3m baht for a two month project? That doesn't sound very much. Doesn't leave a great deal for the brown envelopes. 

9 hours ago, madmitch said:

Really? 

1.3m baht for a two month project? That doesn't sound very much. Doesn't leave a great deal for the brown envelopes. 

Don't worry madmitch it will have to be repaired again in the not too distant future, you get the picture,

15 hours ago, madmitch said:

Really? 

As the council (which would normally recieve the backhander) is  paying for them why should they be paying out?

15 minutes ago, Kabula said:

It appears Mr. Howard will have a lengthy stay in Thailand,  not to mention a reduction in his financial situation.

Now mr. Howard has enough issues of himself, no need to blame him for a collapsed bridge as well.

22 minutes ago, Psimbo said:

As the council (which would normally recieve the backhander) is  paying for them why should they be paying out?

The individual(s) at the council would normally receive their backhander from the contractor, part of the inflated fee agreed for a contract. These are the brown envelopes I refer to.

On 2/22/2017 at 11:15 AM, stevenl said:

Now mr. Howard has enough issues of himself, no need to blame him for a collapsed bridge as well.

How did I blame him?

He will get what he  deserves.

I'm more concerned about your issues!

How did I blame him?

He will get what he  deserves.

I'm more concerned about your issues!

Lol, I have no issues.

I tried to point out to you in a gentle way that you're posting in the wrong thread.

sent using Tapatalk