Criminal Background Check For Retirement

9 hours ago, chenierkmer said:

Come to Chiang Mai a much slower city and pace then you can work your way around .
A background check don't loose any sleep over it just get here and the rest will fall into place .

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

LOL go to Chiang Mai  Mia and queue up forever to get retirement visa. If you come in on a 30 day visa exempt bkk or pattaya easy to change it to non O via immigration. If you come in on Non of easy to get retirement extension (or it was some years ago last time I did it) at most immigration offices but I would caution you about Chiang Mai immigration just read a few of the threads about them in here.

As for your past indiscretions I wouldn't worry about them or the "people with criminal records should'nt be allowed to retire here <deleted>" some years ago you say well you live and learn. Good luck with whatever and wherever in Thailand you decide to settle.

Edited by Gonefortea
Spelling

2 minutes ago, Gonefortea said:

LOL go to change Mia and queue up forever to get retirement visa. If you come in on a 30 day visa exempt bkk or pattaya easy to change it to non of via immigration. If you come in on Non of easy to get retirement extension (or it was some years ago last time I did it) at most immigration offices but I would caution you about Chiang Mai immigration just read a few of the threads about them in here.

You can't get non o visa now in my country you have to do the  retirement visa o a to  retire in thailand now . Been like that for the last 3 years .

Then how dose he get the  retirement  Visa . 

Read the thread. He doesn't need a retirement visa. I've been here for several years as a retired expat without ever having one.

Without an OA his option is to start with a 90 day visa obtained in a neighboring country or even in Thailand and then his first annual retirement extension. No retirement visa.

I don't see how you are adding value to this thread when you don't bother to absorb basic info provided multiple times.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, georgemandm said:

You can't get non o visa now in my country you have to do the  retirement visa o a to  retire in thailand now . Been like that for the last 3 years .

He can if he flies to Lao or other countries then comes in. Plus if you read the thread he doesn't live in Australia

Edited by Gonefortea
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gonefortea said:

LOL go to change Mia and queue up forever to get retirement visa. If you come in on a 30 day visa exempt bkk or pattaya easy to change it to non of via immigration. If you come in on Non of easy to get retirement extension (or it was some years ago last time I did it) at most immigration offices but I would caution you about Chiang Mai immigration just read a few of the threads about them in here.

2 minutes ago, georgemandm said:

Yes you have already posted that and I have replied good bye

So what? Multiple times people have said don't apply for an OA and also he doesn't need one to retire in Thailand.
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Read the thread. He doesn't need a retirement visa. I've been here for several years as a retired expat without ever having one.

Without an OA his option is to start with a 90 day visa obtained in a neighboring country or even in Thailand and then his first annual retirement extension. No retirement visa.

I don't see how you are adding value to this thread when you don't bother to absorb basic info provided multiple times.

Up to you how you think ok , I read it and he is after a o or o a is he not and in my country you can only get the o but you can get the  o a  and the  normal 6 months or 2 months visa.

it has all changed in thailand now .

you did 7 years ago , back then you could do it like you have done it not now .

3 minutes ago, georgemandm said:

Up to you how you think ok , I read it and he is after a o or o a is he not and in my country you can only get the o but you can get the  o a  and the  normal 6 months or 2 months visa.

This is getting quite annoying. 

Nobody has suggested he apply for an O-A or O visa in his home nation, the USA.

He can't apply for an O-A because of criminal record it would be rejected and it is likely not possible to get a single entry O based on apply later retirement extension not because of criminal record, but because that's generally not done anymore in the USA for that reason.

THEREFORE, multiple people including me have suggested the path for him is to apply for an O visa in Penang or Laos or even in Thailand, and then with that as a base later apply for his first annual retirement extension in Thailand.

There are no reports that those things require a criminal background check.

4 minutes ago, georgemandm said:

You can come in on any visa or visa exempt. And get a non o and retirement extension here in thailand as so many people on here are trying to tell you ok

1 minute ago, georgemandm said:

Then how dose he  retire in thailand you tell me 

This has now been detailed multiple times even from our resident alpha visa guru, Ubonjoe. 

Please absorb that information before posting again with the same bloody question!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, georgemandm said:

No reason why he cannot, as suggested, come here on a 30 day visa exemption entry and convert this to a non immigrant here in Thailand, can be done and has been done many times.

Alternatively he can go to a consulate locally and get a single entry non o, loads of options!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

This has now been detailed multiple times even from our resident alpha visa guru, Ubonjoe. 

Please absorb that information before posting again with the same bloody question!

He is trolling again in the hope someone has a pop at him so he can complain.

Just now, Gonefortea said:

He is trolling again in the hope someone has a pop at him so he can complain.

In any case, I need to self correct. Ubonjoe did not detail the typical path of doing it without an O-A as others have done here and is common knowledge to people that understand the retirement system in Thailand. He was talking about how an O-A visa requires the criminal report, which of course is true, which of course means the OP can't use an O-A visa to start. 

Update for the O.P.

Fresh info from the Ubonjoe that you CAN apply for a single entry O visa with reason of later applying for retirement extension at honorary Thai consulates in the USA. NOT the embassy. If the forms don't ask about criminal history, then that would be useful for the O.P. to get his single entry O visa before traveling to Asia. With that visa, he can apply for his first retirement extension in Thailand (typically with 30 days left on the 90 day visa). 

2 hours ago, georgemandm said:

Sorry but it is about a  criminal  check and I was having my say .

Agree...Criminal background checks should be required

for ALLRetirement, All Education Visas....Thailand would

be a nicer, safer place to retire and attract many more

retirees with money!!!   TAT. Are you listening!!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, little mary sunshine said:

Agree...Criminal background checks should be required

for ALLRetirement, All Education Visas....Thailand would

be a nicer, safer place to retire and attract many more

retirees with money!!!   TAT. Are you listening!!

Lol nice wind up post 5555

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Capt Rob said:

Not withstanding the useful comments by Ubon J and others here I think the THB 15K -27K quoted is somewhat steep.

Here in CNX the going rate is sub THB 12k for a multiple re-entry visa which will include the passport 90 day stamping and an efficient reminder of the upcoming date.

The 24 hour lead time might require a 3k 'contribution' but the various docs would still be required

you do not do 90 day reports with a multi entry non 'O' visa, you leave every 90 days.

do you mean a yearly extension to include a multi entry re-entry permit.

8 hours ago, Capt Rob said:

Not withstanding the useful comments by Ubon J and others here I think the THB 15K -27K quoted is somewhat steep.

Here in CNX the going rate is sub THB 12k for a multiple re-entry visa which will include the passport 90 day stamping and an efficient reminder of the upcoming date.

The 24 hour lead time might require a 3k 'contribution' but the various docs would still be required

If I remember correctly the quoted price is 27k would also include the 800000bht requirements.

Immigration here can and do periodically check for criminal records in the US, if they find you have a disqualifying record they will give you 24 hours to leave the country. This happened to my best friend here whom was convicted of a statutory rape charge in Arizona with an eighteen year old consensual partner, thirty years ago.  He had lived here ten years on a marriage extension and was in the process of changing to a retirement extension.  He lost all, marriage, home, car, truck, motorbike, etc.

I would recommend researching what crimes would fit the bill or even asking the consulate as to avert this disastrous possibility.

• Like 1

To all negative members I forgot to mention that I didn't murder, rape, child molester are hurt anyone and everyone at some point in there life makes a bad judgement  in there life some get caught some don't and later I found out that the lawyer was working with the prosecutor so she can get a better deal or a murder case for another person. So for some of you members acting like you so great and mighty and perfect. Someone said if you don't something good to say then keep your mouth shut. To the positive members on this site you guys and a lady yall are the coolest members of all again THANK YOU!

Yes to all that, but I suppose you need to get more information about whether if you retire here they will research your old record and then deport you. I hadn't heard of that before, except in cases like with teachers and sex crimes charges.

2 hours ago, Grubster said:

Immigration here can and do periodically check for criminal records in the US, if they find you have a disqualifying record they will give you 24 hours to leave the country. This happened to my best friend here whom was convicted of a statutory rape charge in Arizona with an eighteen year old consensual partner, thirty years ago.  He had lived here ten years on a marriage extension and was in the process of changing to a retirement extension.  He lost all, marriage, home, car, truck, motorbike, etc.

I would recommend researching what crimes would fit the bill or even asking the consulate as to avert this disastrous possibility.

That is mots likely the US who sent the Thai immigration a note saying that this person has a sex conviction and he is in Thailand now. 

This is not the first time.

Edited by Sexbomb
Spelling

1 minute ago, Sexbomb said:

That is mots likely the US who sent the Thai immigration a note saying that this person has a sex conviction and he is in Thailand now. 

This is not the first time.

A good clue but that they might check out at all certainly wouldn't be comforting to any expat here with a previous conviction of any kind, especially felony level crimes.