Army chief’s plea for Dhammachayo to surrender

rooster59

Army chief’s plea for Dhammachayo to surrender

0303003-Armychief.jpg

Army Commander-in-Chief General Chalermchai Sitthisart on Friday appealed to Phra Dhammachayo to turn himself in to face charges against him in order to spare his faithful followers the hardships of having to show up to protect him.

“I do not want to see 3,000-4,000 people to suffer because of just one man, even though most of them, including monks and lay people, are willing to suffer. I reckon Phra Dhammachayo, in his capacity as leader of Phra Dhammakaya temple, who used to preach the other people for decades should make sacrifice so that there will be peace,” said the army chief.

He expressed sorrow for the death of two Dhammakaya followers – one died reportedly of asthma and the other hanged himself to death from a telephone signal pole – but hoped that their deaths should not be exploited for vested interests.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/army-chiefs-plea-dhammachayo-surrender/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-03-04

Army Commander-in-Chief General Chalermchai Sitthisart on Friday appealed to Phra Dhammachayo to turn himself in to face charges against him

Maybe, this is the jewel in the crown ? Forget the hundreds of legal warrants issued, that have been ignored, turn yourself in for Uncle Chalermchai, piease !  :cheesy: :cheesy:  

" Appeal, plea, beg and ask " will all fall on deaf ears, the man will never " surrender "

if he will com in, it will be on his own terms and with his head held high,

so even those pleas are mostly for public consumption to see, don't hold

your breath.... 

Right or wrong it shows how the government reacts when up against a tough, smart adversary.  They seem to have no clue of his whereabouts, and faced with faithful religious followers.   Had the government just kept its collective mouth shut, arresting him without fanfare, they would not look silly.  

Get the biggest dozer you can find, park it at the entrance and tell him to come out within an hour or the dozer will drive through the temple.

Prayuth wanted this to be over before the weekend....well it's saturday now and nothing has changed.

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor huge bulldozer

Edited by fruitman

1 hour ago, fruitman said:

Get the biggest dozer you can find, park it at the entrance and tell him to come out within an hour or the dozer will drive through the temple.

Prayuth wanted this to be over before the weekend....well it's saturday now and nothing has changed.

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor huge bulldozer

The temple complex is 2300 rai in size, you need bigger dozers.

So they haven't found the hidden treasure they thought was in the temple grounds. Now they really need the abbot to show them where the treasure is. This is not an anti corruption operation but a self enriching scheme to get hold of undeclared treasure.

Umm....."NO" would be the wize answer for which there just couldnt be any further action taken.

This guys just outsmarted them again...

I guess being a lawless country is working for this idiot.

Everyone can ask nicely but it just doesnt resolve anything does it. Its how i see society works here. Im more an actions speak louder than words person myself.

Can i get a work permit to go get him. Obviously a job a thai cant do?

3 hours ago, yellowboat said:

Right or wrong it shows how the government reacts when up against a tough, smart adversary.  They seem to have no clue of his whereabouts, and faced with faithful religious followers.   Had the government just kept its collective mouth shut, arresting him without fanfare, they would not look silly.  

Going back beyond that I think the good abbot overreached a bit by taking "iffy"donations. Power corrupts and total power corrupts totally. He tried to step up a notch and now his empire is crumbling. I am sure at this point the BIB have got their 100 year old "bridge" playbook out and are scouring it for new charges. The BIB may be plods but never make a fool of them. Like elephants they have long memories. 

8 hours ago, yellowboat said:

the word backfire comes to mind

9 hours ago, worgeordie said:

They have asked nicely,threatened,issued arrest warrants,searched the temple,

now they are pleading,what a sorry state of affairs.

regards worgeordie

I'm still waiting for the PM to try his usual last resort ploy which is to URGE him to surrender.