march 10 no electric for certain area of samui

First of all my staff got this note basically just notes that places like Samui town, replay, parts of bophut will have no electric from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, possibly big c as well. Attached is the note, please note it's in Thai, just thought members should be aware

tmp_25493-IMG_20170307_213627-228105085.jpg

They are meant to give these out before or drive around announcing it.

3 times in last 2 weeks our electric was cut off at 8.30am till 5pm without warning in an area that never has power problems.

The first time was because they were doing something 15km away !!

2nd time no warning etc and wife went mental down the phone to them. Later that afternoon a call from head guy in BKK saying sorry it happened and wont happen again without warning .

3rd time went off and they said 45 minutes would be back on. Then called 5 times during the day only to be told by everyone that answered that 45 minutes would be on . Cue nuclear scale meltdown over the phone by my wife for 30 minutes !!

How hard would it be to blanket-blast SMSs via phone towers?

Other options inc Line, Whattsapp or FB community page; None of which require time, paper or  tannoy-waggon.

They manage to deliver our bills each month :)

Edited by evadgib

Blimey, An SMS from PEA #1129 reached me a few mins ago in Thai language advising of power outage in moo1 as described. I therefore suspect Wikileaks were right yesterday after all! :)

Thank you PEA :)

Edited by evadgib