El Gaucho Argentian steak house Soi 19

JaiLai

I really like it. Not cheap for sure. That'd be about right. Decent steak can be had for around 1200, the sides of mushrooms and potatoes being around the 150 mark. With a bottle of OK wine I guess about 5k plus. There's one on Soi 11 too.

There's lots of places doing steak cheaper but the ones I've tried have looked and tasted like cheap steak. Get what you pay for I guess. I've seen several other places that people seem to rate highly, just not got round to trying them. I'd rather have no steak at all than a crap steak.

Sent using Tapatalk

26 minutes ago, SooKee said:

I really like it. Not cheap for sure. That'd be about right. Decent steak can be had for around 1200, the sides of mushrooms and potatoes being around the 150 mark. With a bottle of OK wine I guess about 5k plus. There's one on Soi 11 too.

There's lots of places doing steak cheaper but the ones I've tried have looked and tasted like cheap steak. Get what you pay for I guess. I've seen several other places that people seem to rate highly, just not got round to trying them. I'd rather have no steak at all than a crap steak.

Sent using Tapatalk

The Soi 11 spot changed hands several months ago. I believe it is an Indian food place now.

The Steakhouse is a huge rip off in my opinion.  Some with expense accounts I guess will like it but Sizzler has a better steak then this place.

It's reopened further down Soi11 just past the President.

Decent steaks more like 2000-3000 for a good size, more if you want Wagyu. Meal for two with starters as well and with bottle of good wine i'd say 8-10k.

Not much of a meat eater these days so don't go for the bigger steaks so, like I say, steaks at around 1250, two sides at around 150 plus bottle of wine. Around 5k. Enough for us. As has been said above. Go for the bigger steaks and 3 courses and sure it'll push 8-10k. It's an expensive steakhouse with a nice atmosphere IMO but hardly a rip off. The new location in Soi 11 opened around mid December last year.

Only ever tried one steak in a Sizzler. Never again. Dry and tough.

Sent using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

The Soi 11 spot changed hands several months ago. I believe it is an Indian food place now.

The Steakhouse is a huge rip off in my opinion.  Some with expense accounts I guess will like it but Sizzler has a better steak then this place.

Sizzler has a cheaper steak, not better

i've dined at el gaucho three times, had steak every time.  the last time i had a bad experience, my steak tasted like liver.  then, i found a long black hair in my salad.  i couldn't believe how long it was as i kept pulling and pulling it out of there.  they gave me a new salad and the hair wasn't that big of a deal.  but the steak tasting like liver was cause to take this place off my list.  if i want some meat i go to the roadhouse bbq on surawong.  i've tried the meat at sizzler, some friends took me there for my birthday dinner last year.  won't be going there again.  wouldn't eat that for free.

Best steak in Bangkok for us-  and the sides are Delicious /well done too (the free home made liquor shots at the end also a nice touch).  Atmosphere is great- often restaurants that charge 6-8 K for a two person meal are quiet and stuffy- this place, especially the Asoke branch is laid back , always  packed, and buzzing. Its the only place i buy a steak now (once every 3-4 months). 

32 minutes ago, ExpatJ said:

Best steak in Bangkok for us-  and the sides are Delicious /well done too (the free home made liquor shots at the end also a nice touch).  Atmosphere is great- often restaurants that charge 6-8 K for a two person meal are quiet and stuffy- this place, especially the Asoke branch is laid back , always  packed, and buzzing. Its the only place i buy a steak now (once every 3-4 months). 

Deleted, did not read the OP.

Edited by smutcakes

On 3/9/2017 at 8:24 AM, FritsSikkink said:

Sizzler has a cheaper steak, not better

Really?  I ordered the best Sizzler steak and it was better then this place.  With the price at Gaucho I expect something special and it was not.  Plus, Sizzler has the best salad bar in the business.  But, that is my opinion.

Edited by bkk6060

Love El Gaucho. Great steak, great service and ambience at prices that I'm ready to pay when I want quality. Roughly same as a good steakhouse in USA. They have opened a branch in Samui recently with the same great steak, service and ambiance.

8 hours ago, kilt said:

Love El Gaucho. Great steak, great service and ambience at prices that I'm ready to pay when I want quality. Roughly same as a good steakhouse in USA. They have opened a branch in Samui recently with the same great steak, service and ambiance.

Highly amusing at twice the price of the Shack.