Video: last moments of pick-up driver in head on collision with ten wheeler

rooster59

Video: last moments of pick-up driver in head on collision with ten wheeler

NjpUs24nCQKx5e1A55X797vIZBFVbwFDv8V5pCwCLMK.jpg

Image: Thairath

A dash cam video posted on Facebook shows a pick-up colliding head on with a ten wheel truck trailer. The pick-up was overtaking at the time.

The driver of the following vehicle manages to brake in time but exclaims that the pick-up driver must be dead.

Police confirmed that the accident had happened on Thursday evening on the Pak Thor Road in Ratchaburi.

The dead driver was named as Noppaphon Suk-iam, 24, from Uthai Thani.

Another person was also injured and taken to hospital.

The footage was posted on the "Hot issue" page.

Thai Rath reported that some posters believed the driver may have fallen asleep at the wheel.

Source: Thairath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-03-11

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Living in a village just on a two lane road I see this stupidity EVERY SINGLE DAY, and once a month there is a big accident exactly like this.

In the last 3 months 2 trucks overtaking on a busy lane did crash on oncoming cars, with deadly results.

Never mind safety, they have to show how superior they are with their nice collection of amulets making them invincible... not?

7 minutes ago, bluebluewater said:

Fell asleep?   Not a chance.   The driver of the pickup took a stupid risk on a busy two lane road and now he, his wife, and his son are dead.  He had onboard the most precious cargo that one can have and he did not take care.

Where did you find that three were killed ?

4 minutes ago, Pomthai said:

And it looks as though the camera car doesn't even stop, just squeezes on past the inside of the wreckage and pulls out as if to continue journey. :sad:

Is certainly seems after watching countless videos of crashes the thing to do if you witness a crash is drive away. There has always been talk if a farang stops at a crash they will be blamed and forced to pay millions of baht, but all the videos I have watched involve Thais driving away.

I should say I have witnessed a few bad accidents in Thailand and no one has blamed me or asked me for money, maybe people just don't like to see a wounded person or maybe they are just in a rush to get home.

17 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

Had to be drunk, He had clear view of the oncoming truck for about four seconds but failed to react except a very last microsecond turn to the left. No braking at all.

That's what I was thinking. There was plenty of time for anyone with normal reflexes to get back into their lane. 

2 minutes ago, mick220675 said:

Is certainly seems after watching countless videos of crashes the thing to do if you witness a crash is drive away. There has always been talk if a farang stops at a crash they will be blamed and forced to pay millions of baht, but all the videos I have watched involve Thais driving away.

I should say I have witnessed a few bad accidents in Thailand and no one has blamed me or asked me for money, maybe people just don't like to see a wounded person or maybe they are just in a rush to get home.

A dash cam can solve the problem of who caused it. But if you do stop to assist someone, and they die. Then that can be a problem. I think that's why a lot don't get involved too. And panic about spirits rising from the dead. They just keep away and look. 

Best not to stop and get involved especially if you were not involved. The police may charge you and lock you up (that's not nice) with real criminals (even not nicer) and then set a nice 6-figure bail amount.

6 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

You should be able to click on first post, second photo to start video.

Hi lopburi3,

Thanks, but I am very new here and all I get when I click on the first post is a pic.
But never mind, I don't want to annoy anybody by asking a lot of questions :)
Cheers,

Mikey.

1 hour ago, newcomer71 said:

Living in a village just on a two lane road I see this stupidity EVERY SINGLE DAY, and once a month there is a big accident exactly like this.

In the last 3 months 2 trucks overtaking on a busy lane did crash on oncoming cars, with deadly results.

Never mind safety, they have to show how superior they are with their nice collection of amulets making them invincible... not?

same here u turn close by and its a  weekly  occurrence  that one of them ends  up in the ditch or dead

Some posts containing comments in violation of the following have been removed:

8) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

16 minutes ago, Mikeyfromoz said:

Hi lopburi3,

Thanks, but I am very new here and all I get when I click on the first post is a pic.
But never mind, I don't want to annoy anybody by asking a lot of questions :)
Cheers,

Mikey.

It is the second image in the 1st post not the first image.

3 minutes ago, Ron19 said:

It is the second image in the 1st post not the first image.

Hahahahaha thanks, I just realized why there was no 'second image'... I have a tracker blocker called Ghostery and it blocked the video...!
Thanks, I got it now :)