What more does govt want from my family? Thaksin’s son asks

snoop1130

What more does govt want from my family? Thaksin’s son asks

By The Nation

094140681be8839a11be5eb64cd481b2-sld.jpeg

Panthongtae Shinawatra, the son of fugitive former premier Thaksin, on Thursday bemoaned the attempts being made by the junta to collect back taxes from his father over the controversial sale of Shin Corp in 2006.

Last Tuesday, the Prayut Cabinet asked the Revenue Department to seek back taxes, which could amount to Bt16 billion, from Thaksin .

“Oak” Panthongtae Shinawatra posted on his Facebook that the case had already ended eight years ago and the court had ruled that his father had not sold the shares to him and his sister Pinthongta and that Thaksin remained the owner of the shares. 

He said Bt46 billion worth of his father’s assets had already been confiscated. That amount was enough to compensate for his guilt, according to the court ruling, he said. 

“What more the government wants from my family?” he asked.

“In this government’s point of view, does reconciliation mean a complete destruction of its opponents and stomp them to death so only their associates are left and conflicts will disappear?” he asked.

“Or does it [reconciliation] mean giving justice to all groups so everybody can live peacefully together?”

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30309339

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-3-16

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, redwinecheese said:

Well I don't care if you disagree with me liking Thaksin but I bet you Thais will always remember him for introducing 30 baht health coverage program.

Big yawn.

And your statement isn't correct, check the real facts...

6 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Big yawn.

And your statement isn't correct, check the real facts...

Sheryl commented on 30 baht health coverage

"Look, this is a glass half empty or glass half full kind of thing.

The system is certainly not without flaws and problems, but it is also certainly a vast improvement over the past situation" end quot 

Edited by redwinecheese

28 minutes ago, smedly said:

fugitive convicted criminal that did a runner with other more serious charges pending......fact

He isn't a fugitive. You can't be a fugitive if you are not being chased. For the millionth time.

For heavens sake you know what they want and that is to eradicate the name for ever as so scared,

Look back in history and see the frauds by the PMs in green then you may see the light, but I doubt it as propaganda rules here and those who have very little upstairs believe every word, So much empty space sat on shoulders in this neck of the woods, too many trees I guess

2 minutes ago, redwinecheese said:

Yes but I didn't want to argue with him simply because I'm a fool , then I will eventually drag him down to my level and beat him with my experience. :wacko:

I think that may be a bit above the heads of some on here..

Hmm, an easy answer. Thaksin pays his taxes and he does his 2 years in prison and if there is anything else after that then they can start complaining!

He is a fugitive, running from the law so he should have forfeited all chances for retrial and any belongings still in his name in Thailand should be seized and frankly they should send out a seizure order of all his assets world wide with Interpol just like US and other countries do... even for pirating like with Kim Dotcom!

I despise the junta, but Thaksin should be in jail and made to pay all the money he stole from his 'beloved people' back. 

Saying that, he's not the only politician or important person who's stolen/stealing from the country they pretend to love. They should all be in jail and made penniless. 

19 minutes ago, Kasset Tak said:

Hmm, an easy answer. Thaksin pays his taxes and he does his 2 years in prison and if there is anything else after that then they can start complaining!

He is a fugitive, running from the law so he should have forfeited all chances for retrial and any belongings still in his name in Thailand should be seized and frankly they should send out a seizure order of all his assets world wide with Interpol just like US and other countries do... even for pirating like with Kim Dotcom!

No he isn't a fugitive. How many more times?

1 hour ago, redwinecheese said:

Let us take a vote between;

1-Thaksin

2-Prayut

:welcomeani:

99.9% of sheep who expressed an opinion in the latest XXXX poll said, as long as Article 44 remains in force, I will support the Junta.

This poll excludes 14 year olds carrying posters, as at the present they are unavailable for comment.

1 hour ago, BigBadGeordie said:

“In this government’s point of view, does reconciliation mean a complete destruction of its opponents and stomp them to death so only their associates are left and conflicts will disappear?” he asked.

Err......Yes

You took the words right out of my mouth. That is exactly what they want.

For those who just like to jump into the swimming pool of posting here is something you don't know about him;
Thaksin was the first democratically elected prime minister to serve a full term in office before being re-elected in a 2005 landslide victory.   A former telecommunications billionaire, the business tycoon-turned-politician drew his support from Thailand's rural poor, with his populist healthcare programmes and assistance for farmers schemes, winning him great levels of support.

Here is more.. http://www.aljazeera.com/programmes/talktojazeera/2016/02/thaksin-shinawatra-thailand-return-democracy-160227132654355.html

2 minutes ago, redwinecheese said:

For those who just like to jump into the swimming pool of posting here is something you don't know about him;
Thaksin was the first democratically elected prime minister to serve a full term in office before being re-elected in a 2005 landslide victory.   A former telecommunications billionaire, the business tycoon-turned-politician drew his support from Thailand's rural poor, with his populist healthcare programmes and assistance for farmers schemes, winning him great levels of support.

Here is more.. http://www.aljazeera.com/programmes/talktojazeera/2016/02/thaksin-shinawatra-thailand-return-democracy-160227132654355.html

So if you make the money as some did before you get into power, you must be half good, then along come Mr propaganda and you are so bad. somethingness going on here then. I have to say I felt safer in this neck of the woods then, more than now, thats why I got out after seeing the light, best thing I ever did, seem to be happy every day now, wonderful this freedom thing is, makes you feel warm and cosy even if its cold outside

9 minutes ago, redwinecheese said:

Oh dear. That's you burned in effigy and pins stuck in dolls by a few on here...

34 minutes ago, baboon said:

No he isn't a fugitive. How many more times?

Kindly explain what a fugitive from justice is

also

He went to a country that does not have any extradition agreements with Thailand so he is in effect "A Fugitive"

But hey call it whatever you like, one thing is for sure - he will never set foot in Thailand again